+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
How do you sign up on gckey it’s not working
You must go to the main CIC website and there is an icon that says do you want to create an account. Then signed up.once you signed up it would request you further information about your application and then you follow instructions

Attak

Dec 29, 2016

Hi Everyone! I just got approved in my TRV. My trip to Canada will be on April and My boyfriend and I plan to get married in Canada this May. I've seen this requirements in the checklist. We've been in a relationship for 3 years already but Unfortunately, we haven't been together for more than 6 months or a year cause of Long distance relationship. We just get together for a month in a year on his vacation. We don't have anything to show since we don't have any joined accounts. Anyone has the same experience with me? What did you all guys do? Will soon apply for a Spousal Sponsorship Inland soon. best wishes everyone!
There are two options for you.either you apply inland or outland. You can apply outland whiles in Canada with your boyfriend once you have married however if you decide to stay in Canada after marriage then you must ensure that both of you have same documents that have your names on it eg. IDs showing same address that you are living together, joint accounts, vehicle insurance etc. Apart from that you must keep your correspondence as in chats whiles you guys were on vacation and during your long distance relationship .Your wedding pictures and other outings pictures including family and friends knowledge about your relationship is very important. The instructions says provide the minimum but it is advisable to add additional documents that can show that you are in a relationship.even letters that passes your same address

bluelady

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
There are two options for you.either you apply inland or outland. You can apply outland whiles in Canada with your boyfriend once you have married however if you decide to stay in Canada after marriage then you must ensure that both of you have same documents that have your names on it eg. IDs showing same address that you are living together, joint accounts, vehicle insurance etc. Apart from that you must keep your correspondence as in chats whiles you guys were on vacation and during your long distance relationship .Your wedding pictures and other outings pictures including family and friends knowledge about your relationship is very important. The instructions says provide the minimum but it is advisable to add additional documents that can show that you are in a relationship.even letters that passes your same address
Thank you so much!

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
You must go to the main CIC website and there is an icon that says do you want to create an account. Then signed up.once you signed up it would request you further information about your application and then you follow instructions
I Did that but keeps saying they can’t find my application

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I Did that but keeps saying they can’t find my application
Everyone has problems linking their application to their account. There are countless threads detailing what methods have worked for people. It's going to be a very tricky process. Search the forum and follow some instructions - one of them is bound to work. Google is also your friend. A tip: once you start trying to link your application, keep an excel document open to track all the combinations of information that didn't work for you. Please remember that different ways worked for different people, so don't give up. You're essentially trying to figure out what data they used to set your application up in their database, and how they entered it (all caps, etc.). Good luck!

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Everyone has problems linking their application to their account. There are countless threads detailing what methods have worked for people. It's going to be a very tricky process. Search the forum and follow some instructions - one of them is bound to work. Google is also your friend. A tip: once you start trying to link your application, keep an excel document open to track all the combinations of information that didn't work for you. Please remember that different ways worked for different people, so don't give up. You're essentially trying to figure out what data they used to set your application up in their database, and how they entered it (all caps, etc.). Good luck!
I won’t be able to link it because I have a representative (my lawyer) I called and asked them and they told me that

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
It doesn't matter if you are the sponsored person you can still create your GCkeys even if your lawyer have access to your file.
i don't think that's possible with representative. I tried linking my account and then i had to submit form to remove representative from my file. After that, i got linked successfully.

Reactions: david_gat88

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
@david_gat88
Hey David. How are you? Any updates?
Just touching base.
No news for us. It seems that Edmonton office just pile up applications. And I don’t think the MP’s office is helping in anyway.. we’re just waiting.
My husband’s work permit expires in July. I’m not sure if I shall extend it, ask his work to apply for a new one, or apply for an open work permit.. I tried to call CIC to get the answer with no success
I might have to find myself a lawyer/ consultant
Anyway, have a great weekend

Reactions: Amsadek4u and Pgtk

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
@david_gat88
Just touching base.
No news for us. It seems that Edmonton office just pile up applications. And I don’t think the MP’s office is helping in anyway.. we’re just waiting.
My husband’s work permit expires in July. I’m not sure if I shall extend it, ask his work to apply for a new one, or apply for an open work permit.. I tried to call CIC to get the answer with no success
Hello.
Whats your timeline. I applied on feb 7th 2018 and i have not received aip or sa so far.
Just womdering whats your timeline

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
@david_gat88
Just touching base.
Hi @Leogirl22 I am fine, how are you? We haven't heard anything at all either. MP didn't help at all for us.

It does seem that they just pile things up. I would not recommend you spending that money on a Representative or Lawyer, it would be a waste. I have one and it's useless, your case for me should be more straightforward as your husband even has a work permit. Who knows.

When you call at least try to get a timeline, there's another person here who called and got a timeline, same as mine, which is a year. What's left is just waiting.

Thanks for contacting.

Reactions: Fowl and Amsadek4u

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
@david_gat88
Just touching base.
Something is wrong with Edmonton office not sure why they are so slow. Don't waste money on lawyer/representative they cant do anything for last stage approval

Amsadek4u

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
Something is wrong with Edmonton office not sure why they are so slow. Don't waste money on lawyer/representative they cant do anything for last stage approval
I agree with you. I had relationship interview since October 29th,2018, and the officer was satisfied and told us passed. Up till now, we are yet to receive finalization of the application.

MPs had contacted them severally as shown on the notes, but they have not really done anything on the file from their side.

Edmonton office seems like they don’t care about those who have exceeded the 12 months processing time. They give another 12 months timeline.

My application is 21months gone. It’s really painful, but we have got to stay through till the end.

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I agree with you. I had relationship interview since October 29th,2018, and the officer was satisfied and told us passed. Up till now, we are yet to receive finalization of the application.

MPs had contacted them severally as shown on the notes, but they have not really done anything on the file from their side.

Edmonton office seems like they don’t care about those who have exceeded the 12 months processing time. They give another 12 months timeline.

My application is 21months gone. It’s really painful, but we have got to stay through till the end.
Thats no fair for all of us . They need to do something!