+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Reactions: Pgtk and jeet07

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Morning @jeet07 . I would recommend you to focus on the interview and do not get excited about a DM right after interview, There's been a lot of discussion about the wait after a Relationship Interview and again, some people hear after a few days and others after weeks.

Also there have been some discussion on Ecas, it usually doesn't change until they have the DM or after they've landed, but there could be something on GCkey, do you have access to it?, or just your lawyer?
Yes u r right I need to focus on it this is almost last step

Reactions: david_gat88

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys I received gcms notes as well today and it’s more about my status thats why they called us . It’s mentioned that I have been dealing Cbsa so interview recommended . But not very bad comments bout if our relationship genuine or not .

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hi guys I received gcms notes as well today and it’s more about my status thats why they called us . It’s mentioned that I have been dealing Cbsa so interview recommended . But not very bad comments bout if our relationship genuine or not .
That's interesting, mine also didn't mention anything about red flags or any doubt about our relationship, it just said interview recommended. And in other notes said, file to be transfer to Edmonton for a possible interview with the couple.

They also mentioned I am dealing with CBSA and I waived PRRA.

Good to know our notes look similar, I think we'll get an interview as well, so that's great, I just hope they do it now, for the love of God haha

Reactions: jeet07

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
That's interesting, mine also didn't mention anything about red flags or any doubt about our relationship, it just said interview recommended. And in other notes said, file to be transfer to Edmonton for a possible interview with the couple.

They also mentioned I am dealing with CBSA and I waived PRRA.

Good to know our notes look similar, I think we'll get an interview as well, so that's great, I just hope they do it now, for the love of God haha
Let’s see what comes up next hoping for best :)

Julz08

Sep 29, 2018
Hi , I'm inland spousal sponsorships .I’m just wondering if there anyone same as my case . I had my interview last dec.11,2018 with my husband. The interviewee said that we might get confirmation last January. The month is over now so I have to call CIC to update some information about the status of my application. I talked to an agent and explained my situations that the interviewee told us we might get confirmation last month. She said on the phone that officer who made an interview for us doesn't have any knowledge when the DM will going to happen on my application. I had my medical exam passed on May,2018, now I'm worried about the CIC agent said that my ”background check” still on process and may take up to September this year before they make DM for my application. Is there anyone same as my status? Why do they have to made me do my medical if I have to wait till September? If that's so am I need to re-do my medical?
its kinda odd to do my medical first yet they're not done checking my background.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fowl

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
2017 Applicant - These were my timelines:

Application sent - August 28, 2017
Acknowledgement of Receipt - October 25, 2017
Medical request - March 20, 2018
Request for police certificate (first one was incorrect format) - April 17, 2018
Eligibility passed - July 17, 2018
Landing appointment - October 16, 2018
Photo resubmission request - Dec. 10, 2018

Now just waiting... sigh.
Oh my goodness.....this is not giving me hope for sure....I had my landing appointment November 23rd and got a photo resubmission request on January 4th, which I overnighted them the same day. I know several people who are dealing with the photo resubmission...why the hell can't they take the photos there?????? Ughhh....I hope you get yours soon, someone was told it takes 4-8 weeks, and you are at the 8 weeks timeline. I would call and check on it if I were you...

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi , I'm inland spousal sponsorships .I’m just wondering if there anyone same as my case . I had my interview last dec.11,2018 with my husband. The interviewee said that we might get confirmation last January. The month is over now so I have to call CIC to update some information about the status of my application. I talked to an agent and explained my situations that the interviewee told us we might get confirmation last month. She said on the phone that officer who made an interview for us doesn't have any knowledge when the DM will going to happen on my application. I had my medical exam passed on May,2018, now I'm worried about the CIC agent said that my ”background check” still on process and may take up to September this year before they make DM for my application. Is there anyone same as my status? Why do they have to made me do my medical if I have to wait till September? If that's so am I need to re-do my medical?
its kinda odd to do my medical first yet they're not done checking my background.
Thank you.
did the sponsor got SA letter ?

Julz08

Sep 29, 2018
did the sponsor got SA letter ?
Yes. He got his SA before our interview scheduled.
I’m not sure if the agent read carefully our application been submitted sep.2017 and Interview last dec.112018 .. but she told me needs to wait until September this year . So frustrating to wait more than 12months now .

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
  1. Hi Guys, I wonder has anyone understand what't the DM means. Does this mean the background check was completed once you got the DM?
Hello.

It depends, if you are on Ecas and you see DM on sponsorship, that means Sponsor has been approved (SA) if you see DM on Permanent Residence that means your process is done and you're just waiting for a landing letter, that's basically what every thread here has mentioned, seems to be truthful.

Reactions: Calm2019