+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

zbpbjll

Oct 24, 2018
Can you share your timeline between DM and landing letter? Also, what day is the interview? I’m in Kitchener as well and haven’t heard from the office yet... Thank you!
Sure. My application was received on Nov 3 last year, and I got AIP on Oct 2, DM on ECAS on Oct3, I never got an actual DM letter.

I got my landing letter in MAIL, and it's issued on Oct.16 ( I didn't check my mailbox until yesterday because CIC agent told me they will NOT MAIL to me, only E-mail or through CIC acccount..well guess what, it came in mail....) and asked me to go to the interview on Oct 30th, so about two weeks after.

CIC agent said it normally takes the Kitchener office 3 weeks to send out the landing letter once the case is been referred to them (I assumed that means DM cuz that's the impression the agent gave me), so if you have passed that 3-week time, 1)check your MAILbox, and if you still didn't get it; 2) call CIC and the agent can send a note to the IRCC Kitchener to remind them you've been waiting for over the 3 week period

Good Luck :)

Belindajayne

Mar 28, 2018
Canmore
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
February 8 2018
AOR Received.
March 6 2018
Med's Request
August 7 2018
Med's Done....
August 17 2018
Congratulations to everyone who is getting finalised! Such a long and stressful process.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes between DM and landing appointments in Calgary?

Reactions: Danish1371

chickennuggets2704

Jul 10, 2017
Sure. My application was received on Nov 3 last year, and I got AIP on Oct 2, DM on ECAS on Oct3, I never got an actual DM letter.

I got my landing letter in MAIL, and it's issued on Oct.16 ( I didn't check my mailbox until yesterday because CIC agent told me they will NOT MAIL to me, only E-mail or through CIC acccount..well guess what, it came in mail....) and asked me to go to the interview on Oct 30th, so about two weeks after.

CIC agent said it normally takes the Kitchener office 3 weeks to send out the landing letter once the case is been referred to them (I assumed that means DM cuz that's the impression the agent gave me), so if you have passed that 3-week time, 1)check your MAILbox, and if you still didn't get it; 2) call CIC and the agent can send a note to the IRCC Kitchener to remind them you've been waiting for over the 3 week period

Good Luck :)
Thank you! Im just a couple days behind you on timeline, and I also never received a DM letter either. It’s crazy that they mail you the letter, I will be sure to check my mailbox when I get home.

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Congratulations to everyone who is getting finalised! Such a long and stressful process.

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes between DM and landing appointments in Calgary?
I think there’s no rule really. I got both DM and landing letters on the same day but I’ve seen people from Calgary waiting weeks. I’d say it depends on the agent .. I don’t know.

Reactions: Belindajayne

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys ,
M app is 20 nov after getting SA on 15 October I haven’t heard anything back . Shall I call them or sent letter through web form or shall I wait ??
PA side is in process but I don’t know that if my file is still in Vancouver or they transferred it somewhere . Becos I don’t have any status right now
Usually people getting AIP after sa within a day or in a week . There are few cases took longer but they know that their file is transferred

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hi guys ,
M app is 20 nov after getting SA on 15 October I haven’t heard anything back . Shall I call them or sent letter through web form or shall I wait ??
PA side is in process but I don’t know that if my file is still in Vancouver or they transferred it somewhere . Becos I don’t have any status right now
Usually people getting AIP after sa within a day or in a week . There are few cases took longer but they know that their file is transferred
They won't respond to you through the webform if you haven't crossed the 12 month mark (that's what the website says).

I'd say, call them and contact your MP as well, if you haven't already. That's the only way I found out that my application had been transferred.

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
They won't respond to you through the webform if you haven't crossed the 12 month mark (that's what the website says).

I'd say, call them and contact your MP as well, if you haven't already. That's the only way I found out that my application had been transferred.
Can he contact the MP before the 12 months mark?

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
UPDATE

App Received 13 Dec 2017
AOR 26 Jan 2018
Sched A + PCC Request 26 Jan 2018
Sent Sched A + PCC 29 Jan 2018
OWP + Restoration Approved 23 March 2018
Medical Request 12 June 2018
Medical Done 15 June 2018
Medical Passed 21 June 2018
AIP 15 October 2018
DM Sponsor (ECAS)16 October 2018
DM PA (ECAS) 18 October 2018
SA 18 October 2018
DM 19 October 2018
Landing letter (Edmonton) 26 October 2018 for 8 November 2018

@crystarclear I just received the letter! Only a week after my DM.

angel0214

Star Member
Nov 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08 Dec 2017
AOR Received.
24 Jan 2018
Hello! I just received this email from IRCC and just wanted to verify if this is the AIP:
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."​

Timeline (simplified):
App Received: Dec 11
OWP in Mail: May 3
Med Req: June 8
Med Passed: June 30
SA: Oct 23
DM PA on ECAS: Oct 23
AIP (?): Oct 26

Thanks!