+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

shruti88

Dec 27, 2015
I guess I will give them a call too and try my luck. Wishing both of us a reply with an invite for an interview VERY SOON. I have to drive in from Kelowna and would prefer it sooner than later with driving through the mountains.
Yes most certainly you will get it before the winter comes!!!
I check my email almost every half an hour these days hope the wait it is over for all of us soon!

Reactions: Danish1371

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
This is a silly question, but does anyone know if my landing interview time is at 9am, can I go at 11am instead? how strict are IRCC about this time? I'm at the Kitchener office. My husband is having a hard time to make to the interview at 9..
I am sure that if they give you a set time and date you either respect that or reschedule it, unless you're office is one of those that are running a pilot program where you can go anytime after they give you a landing letter.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
This is a silly question, but does anyone know if my landing interview time is at 9am, can I go at 11am instead? how strict are IRCC about this time? I'm at the Kitchener office. My husband is having a hard time to make to the interview at 9..
What @david_gat88 said, most definitely reschedule it. I wouldn't want to risk it bec I know it says in the letter that if you fail to appear on the given appointment, they would consider it as you're not interested in the PR.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
I am sure that if they give you a set time and date you either respect that or reschedule it, unless you're office is one of those that are running a pilot program where you can go anytime after they give you a landing letter.
I'm not sure what the answer is but I know ours was a group time ... and each hour had a new group.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
For me, I got the letter, but online it still says in

LOL...maybe we can drive together...just kidding. My account is so weird as even though I received my email letters from CIC that they finished processing my file and Vancouver is to contact me for an interview, my account doesn't show those emails and everything still says that it's in process and not finished. How is yours? If I at least had an update there, I might feel a little better...LOL
Ours still says that and we've landed.

Reactions: evafromca

zbpbjll

Oct 24, 2018
What @david_gat88 said, most definitely reschedule it. I wouldn't want to risk it bec I know it says in the letter that if you fail to appear on the given appointment, they would consider it as you're not interested in the PR.
Thanks. My husband will try to reschedule his thing and make it on time. I’ve told rescheduling IRCC appointment can be quite long so don’t want to do that either :)

Reactions: Danish1371

vitoka

Aug 7, 2018
Vancouver
My Passport is with CBSA from the beginning of the process and in the landing letter they are asking me to notify them if I don't have original passport prior to the interview. But I think they should know that already. Do I need to let them know that I don't have it?

xHinax

Apr 6, 2018
Canada
I usually post on the 2018 inland thread, but because my application was received in December of 2017, I wanted to update here as well.

Here's my timeline and In depth of what my account and notes are saying. The BOLD represents what has recently changed.

December 13th 2017 - App Received.
AOR - January 22 2018
PCC Request - Jan 26th 2018
PCC Uploaded - Feb 13th 2018
Background check running - June 12th 2018 to present
Med and Schedule A request - June 12th 2018
Med Passed, Schedule A accepted - July 31st 2018
Eligibility Passed Letter - October 16th 2018
AIP: October 18th 2018
DM: October 18th 2018
Interview Email Received: October 19th 2018

MyCIC

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

ECAS/Online services:

Decision Made <-- clicked into Decision Made, and it says:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 13, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on October 15, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on January 26, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 12, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on June 12, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on June 15, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. Medical results have been received.

I hope this helps anyone out there in the future. I got the heads up via email on October 19th that I should be expecting in the mail my interview time and date in London. Hope it comes fast! I'm ready to land!

My email simply said:

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in London IRCC will contact you to
arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office at your
appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or
identity documents.

I think it's just a heads up that a landing interview appointment is coming, but I'm not sure since this is all new to me like it is to everyone else here.

chickennuggets2704

Jul 10, 2017
Can you share your timeline between DM and landing letter? Also, what day is the interview? I’m in Kitchener as well and haven’t heard from the office yet... Thank you!