+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

SunnyK17

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hello anyone recently had a landing appointment at Montreal office? Just wondering how long dies it usually takesfrom the time when thet've transfer your file to the local office... ?

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
If you go to the main "how long will it take to process page" there is a link there that says if you've passed twelve months submit via webform, you can send a query through that. I don't know I personally think the more you inquire the more they work. I could be wrong but it did work for us. ‍♀
Thank you Danish! I am going to give it a try, but, should I wait for the notes first? Does it matter?

Reactions: Danish1371

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Thank you Danish! I am going to give it a try, but, should I wait for the notes first? Does it matter?
I don't think it matters, the notes will let you know what they are looking for (maybe) sometimes they aren't that informative either but definitely worth having at this point.

Reactions: david_gat88

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I don't think it matters, the notes will let you know what they are looking for (maybe) sometimes they aren't that informative either but definitely worth having at this point.
Thanks so much . What else would you recommend anyone to try, after a failed attempt haha, other than MP, notes and form?

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
hey, thank you for your reply. Do you mean you got invited to the landing interview 18 days after you get the DM status on ECAS? And is it from the Kitchener office?
Yes but we didn't have a waiting time for the landing letter from when we got DM where most people do ( I don't know why it happened that way ). No we are in Alberta so landed at the Calgary office their wait time is about 20 days for an appointment from what I've seen others post. I have't seen many Kitchener landing posts. From what I can surmise the longest waits are Edmonton and Vancouver atm.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Thanks so much . What else would you recommend anyone to try, after a failed attempt haha, other than MP, notes and form?
I would keep following up with the MP, just a friendly note once every couple of weeks... (although I am annoying lol)

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Yea..it's been over 3 weeks since I got that status changed, but I haven't got a letter like that yet....
Some offices are quite slow in contacting you :( if it goes too long try calling CIC. They are hard to get a hold of, the best time is first thing in the am, or close to closing.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I would keep following up with the MP, just a friendly note once every couple of weeks... (although I am annoying lol)
Haha just to clarify, my wife wasn't able to talk to the MP directly, she spoke to an assistant. Wife was told to contact her until April or May in case we didn't hear anything.

How long does it take to receive an answer from the form? Roughly?

Reactions: Yakuza_princess

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
I guess I will give them a call too and try my luck. Wishing both of us a reply with an invite for an interview VERY SOON. I have to drive in from Kelowna and would prefer it sooner than later with driving through the mountains.
Hahaha i’m also from kelowna lol leme
Know whenever you get any information or will keep you update.

KT214

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
For the waiting time from AIP/SA to DM/landing , what make this different? I notice there's lots of people get their landing notice right after AIP/SA , and also some people wait a long time. Is that because the CIC still checking if the marriage real ? or background checking ?

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Haha just to clarify, my wife wasn't able to talk to the MP directly, she spoke to an assistant. Wife was told to contact her until April or May in case we didn't hear anything.

How long does it take to receive an answer from the form? Roughly?
I did speak to mine directly and then he sent it to his assistant. That's not very helpful and the information we got from CIC to the MP was very detailed outlined each stage of the process etc.

I honestly don't know, we all know how sense of urgency in this organization is lacking :(

Reactions: david_gat88

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
For the waiting time from AIP/SA to DM/landing , what make this different? I notice there's lots of people get their landing notice right after AIP/SA , and also some people wait a long time. Is that because the CIC still checking if the marriage real ? or background checking ?
Our delay was due to them requesting an additional document and it was three weeks ( then they decided they didn't want it anymore )

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I did speak to mine directly and then he sent it to his assistant. That's not very helpful and the information we got from CIC to the MP was very detailed outlined each stage of the process etc.

I honestly don't know, we all know how sense of urgency in this organization is lacking :(
We'll try to have real contact with the MP, maybe being annoying does work! At the end, it is our right to know, (at least my wife has the right) Thanks so much for your help @Danish1371 I promise, I won't annoy you haha

Reactions: Danish1371

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
We'll try to have real contact with the MP, maybe being annoying does work! At the end, it is our right to know, (at least my wife has the right) Thanks so much for your help @Danish1371 I promise, I won't annoy you haha
I agree ! your wife and myself have the right to have our spouses with us in Canada and we should be treated as such ( I am super opinionated as well lol ) You aren't annoying me David I am on your side with this ! :)

Ours has a page on Facebook and I messaged him and he actually answered me !