+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I agree ! your wife and myself have the right to have our spouses with us in Canada and we should be treated as such ( I am super opinionated as well lol ) You aren't annoying me David I am on your side with this ! :)

Ours has a page on Facebook and I messaged him and he actually answered me !
Thank you. Yes, you told me about the FB message, I was a bit scared haha. I will probably try it

Reactions: Danish1371

Nishu Gill

Oct 24, 2018
I guess I will give them a call too and try my luck. Wishing both of us a reply with an invite for an interview VERY SOON. I have to drive in from Kelowna and would prefer it sooner than later with driving through the mountains.
I can’t relate more with you girl. I live in the same area too. We are both stuck at the same point in the same situation. I did mention it to immigration when I called them they said they can’t do anything as it’s up to Vancouver people..so annoying!

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
What's your timeline for DM and landing letter? Also, when is your interview? I hope you get it figured out and rescheduled!
DM on September 26, and got the landing letter on September 28 (dated on the letter). Interview scheduled on October 12th.

Reactions: Danish1371

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
I hope you can work it out and reschedule your landing appointment soon. ;)
Could you please let me know how long it took to get the landing letter after DM? And when is your currently scheduled appointment? I'm in Kitchener too, and I'm anxiously waiting for the landing letter!!
DM on Sept. 26th and landing letter dated on Sept. 28th. The interview was scheduled on Oct 12th which I couldn't attend.

Reactions: Baharm

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi Everyone,

My application was received on Nov 3, 2017. I received my AIP and SA on October 2, 2018, and ECAS status is changed to DM on the same day. However, I still have not received an official DM letter, nor have I heard back anything on the landing interview.
- Any ideas what's going on? What does a DM letter look like?
- I should be landing at the Kitchener office, anyone knows how soon can you get a landing interview?
I am in the same boat. My side didn't change until recently but I have not received any DM letter either. I see a lot of people getting it the day after the status change on ECAS. Are you using Gmail? I never received my AOR either at the beginning of the process...

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Is it possible that DM on both sides of ECAS means a negative decision? We have not received any request for a relationship interview or something like that.

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Is it possible that DM on both sides of ECAS means a negative decision? We have not received any request for a relationship interview or something like that.
Hahaha congratulations! You don’t wanna go there, DM mean your application for PR is approved. There is no negative impact. Also if they need further assistance you wouldn’t be getting DM.

Last edited:

zbpbjll

Oct 24, 2018
I am in the same boat. My side didn't change until recently but I have not received any DM letter either. I see a lot of people getting it the day after the status change on ECAS. Are you using Gmail? I never received my AOR either at the beginning of the process...
I am using Gmail. I didnt get an AOR either though I did get Schedule A requested email as well as the Medical Request email. I dont think it has anything to do with Gmail as I am able to receive communication from CIC.

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
For me, I got the letter, but online it still says in
I can’t relate more with you girl. I live in the same area too. We are both stuck at the same point in the same situation. I did mention it to immigration when I called them they said they can’t do anything as it’s up to Vancouver people..so annoying!
LOL...maybe we can drive together...just kidding. My account is so weird as even though I received my email letters from CIC that they finished processing my file and Vancouver is to contact me for an interview, my account doesn't show those emails and everything still says that it's in process and not finished. How is yours? If I at least had an update there, I might feel a little better...LOL

zbpbjll

Oct 24, 2018
For me, I got the letter, but online it still says in

LOL...maybe we can drive together...just kidding. My account is so weird as even though I received my email letters from CIC that they finished processing my file and Vancouver is to contact me for an interview, my account doesn't show those emails and everything still says that it's in process and not finished. How is yours? If I at least had an update there, I might feel a little better...LOL
I think this is normal though. I talked to CIC agent onces and there are two ways for them to contact you, either through email or through your CIC account. So it's normal for you to receive an email but nothing on your CIC account.

evafromca

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I think this is normal though. I talked to CIC agent onces and there are two ways for them to contact you, either through email or through your CIC account. So it's normal for you to receive an email but nothing on your CIC account.
Thank you!!!! That is comforting to know! I can relax now, other than checking my email every few minutes...LOL

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hello @evafromca and @zbpbjll

I live in Kamloops and my ECAS changed to DM (both sides) on September 17, 2018. Then, I didnt get the DM letter (email) until September 21 stating that the Vancouver Office will contact me to set up a landing interview.

I didnt hear from them until October 12, when they sent me an email for an interview on November 1st in Surrey. So, not so sure when you guys got your DM, but you can make yourself an idea on how long it takes for us here in the interior (BC) to get an interview appointment.

Hope this helps!

Cheers! :)

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Hello @evafromca and @zbpbjll

I live in Kamloops and my ECAS changed to DM (both sides) on September 17, 2018. Then, I didnt get the DM letter (email) until September 21 stating that the Vancouver Office will contact me to set up a landing interview.

I didnt hear from them until October 12, when they sent me an email for an interview on November 1st in Surrey. So, not so sure when you guys got your DM, but you can make yourself an idea on how long it takes for us here in the interior (BC) to get an interview appointment.

Hope this helps!

Cheers! :)
I know but it’s ridiculous right now, i have got DM letter on October 1st, 2018. Since then haven’t heard anything about landing appointment. Today is 29th day since DM on both side

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
I know but it’s ridiculous right now, i have got DM letter on October 1st, 2018. Since then haven’t heard anything about landing appointment. Today is 29th day since DM on both side
It might have to be with your application date. Since you applied in December and you are still within the 12 month mark they probably would give preference to the ones before you that have passed the 12 month mark.. that would be my assumption.. my application was sent on October 5th, so your timeline doesnt look bad to me.

Cheers!