+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Yes indeed, you can only apply from abroad. The timeline varies depending on the location, but what I heard, the average was about 4 weeks. So if you planned to travel for 6 weeks, that might work. But as you know, there would be a risk that you would need to extend your stay abroad until you get the PRTD. So it's really up to you, to delay your landing for a while, or to land and postpone your travel, or to land and apply for a PRTD while abroad.
I'm only travelling for 3 weeks, so it definitely won't work. I leave 6 weeks after the landing interview, and right in the middle of the holiday season, so i highly doubt that i would receive the pr card before leaving. I'm still waiting to hear back from them after i emailed letting them know of my travel plans, but i would think that the best option would be to delay until after i return.

Reactions: sylvain1

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Phone number! 1 (888) 242-2100
Also to skip information dial 1123. And your application number! And then 1 and wait and 0 . You have to do that multiple time to get in the queue.
Yes I tried same 4 times they just hang up . No luck then I phoned my lawyer I was so worried they confirmed that it’s sponsor approval. And cic reviewing my eligibility now

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone, update!!!

App Received 13 Dec 2017
AOR 26 Jan 2018
Sched A + PCC Request 26 Jan 2018
Sent Sched A + PCC 29 Jan 2018
OWP + Restoration Approved 23 March 2018
Medical Request 12 June 2018
Medical Done 15 June 2018
Medical Passed 21 June 2018
AIP 15 October 2018
DM Sponsor 16 October 2018
DM PA 18 October 2018

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Hi everyone, update!!!

App Received 13 Dec 2017
AOR 26 Jan 2018
Sched A + PCC Request 26 Jan 2018
Sent Sched A + PCC 29 Jan 2018
OWP + Restoration Approved 23 March 2018
Medical Request 12 June 2018
Medical Done 15 June 2018
Medical Passed 21 June 2018
AIP 15 October 2018
DM Sponsor 16 October 2018
DM PA 18 October 2018
Congrats again:) you will get your landing appointment soon :) aren’t you from Alberta?

zay_s

Dec 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

Dec 11th applicant here.

I received my AIP letter on the 11th Oct 2018.

When I check my ECAS the last piece of info on there say “Medical results have been received”

However, I’ve not received any of the SA/PA DMs that everyone’s mentioning in this forum. Are they received before or after AIP?

Thanks,

Z

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,

Dec 11th applicant here.

I received my AIP letter on the 11th Oct 2018.

When I check my ECAS the last piece of info on there say “Medical results have been received”

However, I’ve not received any of the SA/PA DMs that everyone’s mentioning in this forum. Are they received before or after AIP?

Thanks,

Z
If you've gotten AIP, for sure you already have SA. They usually not send letters anymore. I've just been checking MyCIC account and ECAS.

SA is before AIP. DM is after AIP.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi guys,I just got update in my cic account as below,is this AIP???
Dear XXX:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.
Yes that is AIP :)

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Yes I tried same 4 times they just hang up . No luck then I phoned my lawyer I was so worried they confirmed that it’s sponsor approval. And cic reviewing my eligibility now
Hey @jeet07 remember, if you have a genuine relationship and a good application, they, by no means, would refuse your application. Don't worry too much, you seem to suffer a lot. Take it easy. I think I remember you're a November applicant, you're still on time :) So glad you got the Sponsor approval already.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi all,

I would like to know how helpful is your local MP?

I contacted my MP a few weeks ago to check my application progress since it's been 13 months. He replied to me three weeks later after I contacted him again, saying that "Average processing time is 12 months but eligibility is not passed and further verifications are required on this case. I’m afraid I can’t predict how much longer it will be to complete."

This message isn't really helpful and I am very worried about my application. For people who exceeded the 12 months processing time, what action did you take?

Thank you very much!

Application received Sept 22, 2017
Medical Passed April 18th, 2018

In our case yes it did help we were over the 12 month period for no reason, we got SA, AIP, and DM for sponsor right at 12 months. Then the next day they requested a report from my husband's home country (which was a bit redundant) so I messaged my MP on FB Messenger and he said he would look into it on the Monday. His office messaged me saying they had sent a request through. I waited a week and heard nothing so I followed up with the MP and they said they had not received a reply. In the mean time the worker on our file had contacted the lawyer asking how long did they thing it would take for this report to come ( weird right ). So waited another week ( so three weeks past the last approval ) the lawyers office sent us our landing letter with the appointment on it ! The next day we received an email from the MP's office with the reply CIC had sent them. Also the same as you 'sometimes the processing takes longer' and here's a link to read about it (none of which pertained to our application) but the letter also said they no longer required the 'additional document'. So I don't know why or how they changed their mind but they did. Had we not pursued it through the MP we would still be waiting.