+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Beautiful people!!!
Today there’s a lot to celebrate..
I got AIP(after started reviewing my eligibility yesterday) and I went to my ecas and it says DM both sides.
OMG OMG OMG I still can’t believe it.

For my fellows out of status, your relationship is genuine and everything is gonna be ok. We get anxious, nervous, desperate, we cry, we don’t believe in the process sometimes. But it’s just a test we’ll pass with flying colours at the end.

App received - Dec 18, 2017

Thank you everyone. I’m not finished yet but I just wanted to say something. I guess I’m still nervous. OMG!!!
Good luck to all of us always.

Congratulations !!

Reactions: btis

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone, update!!!

App Received 13 Dec 2017
AOR 26 Jan 2018
Sched A + PCC Request 26 Jan 2018
Sent Sched A + PCC 29 Jan 2018
OWP + Restoration Approved 23 March 2018
Medical Request 12 June 2018
Medical Done 15 June 2018
Medical Passed 21 June 2018
AIP 15 October 2018
DM Sponsor 16 October 2018
DM PA 18 October 2018

Congratulations!!

Reactions: iamvenus

zay_s

Dec 10, 2017
If you've gotten AIP, for sure you already have SA. They usually not send letters anymore. I've just been checking MyCIC account and ECAS.

SA is before AIP. DM is after AIP.

Thank you! I keep refreshing MyCIC & ECAS hoping they’ve updated. I guess I just have to wait.

All the best.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Thank you! I keep refreshing MyCIC & ECAS hoping they’ve updated. I guess I just have to wait.

All the best.
Yes, I thought I was going crazy by checking both a few times each day. Hahaha! Yesterday MyCIC showed an update but didn't see anything until today. I'm guessing it takes time on our side to see the updates, like a day or 2.

Reactions: Danish1371

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Thank you! I hope we'll hear from CIC soon. I think it's just different when you get letters bec you get confirmation.
That's true its nice to see it in writing. We got some letters and not others and some we didn't even need :p Sometimes they get filtered to your 'junk' file so check there in case your email server was too helpful.

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
That sucks. You're in Vancouver, right? I'm expecting a long wait for Edmonton office as well.
It’s been 18 days for me after my DM letter as well. Expecting the golden letter from Edmonton IRCC too! Lol. Always checking my inbox every now and then.

Reactions: david_gat88

AmrJul

Oct 18, 2018
Hi everyone
I have an inquiry about my situation. I appreciate the help from anyone that went through the same or can provide any information
  • My applications (Inland & OWP) were received on November 9, 2017 ( I was on a visitor status that was going to expire on December 17, 2017).
  • Schedule A and Police check were requested on January 3, 2018. Both were uploaded a few days later.
  • My OWP application was returned to me in February 2018 due to insufficient payment (I paid $100 only without the $150).
  • I paid the $150 then mailed the application back in February 2018.
  • I received a letter via email in April 2018 stating that I am out of status when I resent the application and the open work permit will only be issued after/if my spousal sponsorship is approved.
  • Medical request May 17, 2018. Done in a few days and my status was updated to (medical passed).
  • Eligibility passed September 26, 2018
I used the AIP to apply for OHIP card and I was told that I will receive it in 3 months or less. I received nothing from IRCC since the AIP letter and my status still showing background check is still in progress. It has been 3 weeks and no decision made or anything.

My question is will IRCC mail me the open work permit anytime soon? how long !? it's really getting tough and I need to provide for my family. Why is it taking 3 weeks to check my background !? I have noticed that others received a landing appointment letter on the same day or a day after their AIP

Thanks for reading any information will be appreciated

zay_s

Dec 10, 2017
Yes, I thought I was going crazy by checking both a few times each day. Hahaha! Yesterday MyCIC showed an update but didn't see anything until today. I'm guessing it takes time on our side to see the updates, like a day or 2.
Tell me about it! I keep telling myself to just wait for the email to tell you to check Your account. But then I just find myself checking MyCIC numerous times during the day. It’s a vicious cycle!

I really hope that’s the same for me! Because when I first logged into MyCIC today it showed “Updated”. However, when I opened my application i saw no changes whatsoever.

Hopefully soon.

Last edited:

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Hey @jeet07 remember, if you have a genuine relationship and a good application, they, by no means, would refuse your application. Don't worry too much, you seem to suffer a lot. Take it easy. I think I remember you're a November applicant, you're still on time :) So glad you got the Sponsor approval already.
August 2017 Applicant, DM on Sponsor side since August 2018
I'm still here waiting patiently, I m done with being stressed about it , No time like the right time