+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
I got SA decision made yesterday nothing changed on PA side it’s in process and phone system says they are reviewing weather I meet eligibility requirements.
My lawyer didn’t tell me anything yet what letter they received. They were busy when I phoned .they got the letter and I have no idea what it’s about :(
But this is so big deal for me m getting so worried guys
Oh man, I know it's easy to say this but sleep on it bec you can't do anything about it tonight. My guess is, it's either SA or AIP. I got the same thing on my ECAS, DM only on Sponsor. We didn't receive SA letter, just AIP.

Reactions: Danish1371

Wilma0427

Feb 5, 2018
Hi all,

I would like to know how helpful is your local MP?

I contacted my MP a few weeks ago to check my application progress since it's been 13 months. He replied to me three weeks later after I contacted him again, saying that "Average processing time is 12 months but eligibility is not passed and further verifications are required on this case. I’m afraid I can’t predict how much longer it will be to complete."

This message isn't really helpful and I am very worried about my application. For people who exceeded the 12 months processing time, what action did you take?

Thank you very much!

Application received Sept 22, 2017
Medical Passed April 18th, 2018

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I have looked into this and it's actually a very complex process, and in particular it is designed for people who are outside of Canada when they apply. You have to send off your passport and it takes some time, maybe 6 weeks to process. This won't work for me as I will need my passport to leave Canada
Yes indeed, you can only apply from abroad. The timeline varies depending on the location, but what I heard, the average was about 4 weeks. So if you planned to travel for 6 weeks, that might work. But as you know, there would be a risk that you would need to extend your stay abroad until you get the PRTD. So it's really up to you, to delay your landing for a while, or to land and postpone your travel, or to land and apply for a PRTD while abroad.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hi all,

I would like to know how helpful is your local MP?

I contacted my MP a few weeks ago to check my application progress since it's been 13 months. He replied to me three weeks later after I contacted him again, saying that "Average processing time is 12 months but eligibility is not passed and further verifications are required on this case. I’m afraid I can’t predict how much longer it will be to complete."

This message isn't really helpful and I am very worried about my application. For people who exceeded the 12 months processing time, what action did you take?

Thank you very much!

Application received Sept 22, 2017
Medical Passed April 18th, 2018
Hello!

Contacting the MP doesn't assure anything, it could help or it could not.

I am almost on my 15th month, we just contacted the MP a few days ago and still waiting. There's really anything anyone can't do, other than waiting.

As long as you don't receive a procedural fairness letter, you're in good track. Don't worry at all, takes time but you'll get there.

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Beautiful people!!!
Today there’s a lot to celebrate..
I got AIP(after started reviewing my eligibility yesterday) and I went to my ecas and it says DM both sides.
OMG OMG OMG I still can’t believe it.

For my fellows out of status, your relationship is genuine and everything is gonna be ok. We get anxious, nervous, desperate, we cry, we don’t believe in the process sometimes. But it’s just a test we’ll pass with flying colours at the end.

App received - Dec 18, 2017

Thank you everyone. I’m not finished yet but I just wanted to say something. I guess I’m still nervous. OMG!!!
Good luck to all of us always.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Beautiful people!!!
Today there’s a lot to celebrate..
I got AIP(after started reviewing my eligibility yesterday) and I went to my ecas and it says DM both sides.
OMG OMG OMG I still can’t believe it.

For my fellows out of status, your relationship is genuine and everything is gonna be ok. We get anxious, nervous, desperate, we cry, we don’t believe in the process sometimes. But it’s just a test we’ll pass with flying colours at the end.

App received - Dec 18, 2017

Thank you everyone. I’m not finished yet but I just wanted to say something. I guess I’m still nervous. OMG!!!
Good luck to all of us always.
That is sooo awesome! Congratulations :). Cheers for that!

Reactions: Fowl and btis