+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

nickmurph89

Feb 25, 2018
Hi everyone.

Nov 2017 applicant and so hopefully nearing the end of the process.

I have a question about travelling.
I understand that there is a 4-6 week wait to receive your actual PR card after PR has been granted.

I’m wondering whether you are allowed to travel during this time?

Thanks and good luck to all,

Nick

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Haha yes. I wouldn't mind one.
We bought one last 'winter' was more like the end of summer, fall, winter and spring but hubby does our whole block. In return someone gave him a gift card and our agreement with the neighbour is he mows our very small lawn . I think he has the better deal tbh ! You should get one they sure do help

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
I was in Edmonton before and it is only 2h from where I am now and I am planning to move back there once I FINALLY get my landing appointment (that I've been waiting for 1.5months and still am).
We should all meet there once we're all done with our PR lol

This seems like a very long wait have you called ?

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Hi everyone.

Nov 2017 applicant and so hopefully nearing the end of the process.

I have a question about travelling.
I understand that there is a 4-6 week wait to receive your actual PR card after PR has been granted.

I’m wondering whether you are allowed to travel during this time?

Thanks and good luck to all,

Nick
My wife got her PR card last week, took 50 days which I thought was quick as they quote it takes 62 day on their website.

The PR card is what lets you board the plane and allow you back into Canada. They say you can travel and apply for a permanent resident travel document which would let you back into Canada but you can only apply for one once you are out of the country so you would need to make sure you can get that before the return flight back.

We waited until the card arrived before booking anything, just to be on the safe side.

Reactions: sylvain1

KAUR.GOSAL

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
please advise.....we received PCC from backhome..it says there was FIR on my husband but they wrote on the report that it is all clear now....is their any problem if we send the same to CIC??

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hello all,

I just notice on ECAS that Decision Made is on both parts. See timeline below.. We have not received any emails yet.

App received - October 5 2017
AOR - December 4 2017
Medical passed up front (my "wife" ...actually common law... got them done for study permit a year before)
PCC request - January 4 2018 (we only sent the ones from our original country, Peru)
(big long silence for a while)
AIP - September 4 2018 (In progress on applicant side at ECAS)
SA - September 5 2018 (DM on sponsor side at ECAS)
Fingerprints requested for canadian background check - September 4 2018
Fingerprints done and sent - September 5 2018
Decision made on ECAS - September 17 2018

Cheers guys! :)

Ps. all documents came from Missisauga.. We are based in British Columbia

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Hello all,

I just notice on ECAS that Decision Made is on both parts. See timeline below.. We have not received any emails yet.

AOR - December 4 2017
Medical passed up front (my "wife" ...actually common law... got them done for study permit a year before)
PCC request - January 4 2018 (we only sent the ones from our original country, Peru)

Congratulations:)

Reactions: eduardo.arellano

aham1991

Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
guys. my ecas says Decision Made on both side. how long will it take to get a landing interview?
for me less than a week from seeing DM on ecas and getting the landing letter via email. Hope you get urs soon

KAUR.GOSAL

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
please advise..... is there anyone deal with situation like us? we received PCC from backhome..it says there was FIR on my husband but they wrote on the report that it is all clear now....is their any problem if we send the same to CIC??

celinalee1219

Dec 11, 2017
Hi everyone, I finally got landing interview invitation! I would like to share my timeline with you so you would know what to expect.

Application received by CIC: Oct 10, 2017
AOR: Dec 5, 2017
Work permit application returned due to wrong payment: Dec 7, 2017
Work permit application recent with correct payment: Dec 19, 2017
Work permit approved: Mar 14, 2018
Medical request: Apr 17, 2018
AIP: Sep 11, 2018
SA: Sep 14, 2018
Landing interview: Sep 21, 2018

I wish everyone here best luck!

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hello all,

AOR - December 4 2017

Felicidades!

Reactions: eduardo.arellano

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Has anyone travelled while still waiting for DM? Was there any issues, and what documents/forms/info did you take with you?

Me and my wife have booked and paid for a trip back to my home in Australia for late December thinking DM would have been long sorted (Feb 2017 applicant, STILL WAITING!!!) but as we still don't have DM, i'm worried it won't be sorted by then and I am so done with this shit so I don't want to cancel our travel plans. I just want to go home for a holiday and deal with this shit when i get back to Vancouver...

The government has so far screwed us so i'm expecting to have dramas when i go to leave/re-enter Canada, has anyone else had any dramas or left and come back with no issues?

tiffany47

May 16, 2018
Does anybody know how long you heard from CIC after finger print? Our application received Nov 7, 2017. We are kind of worry since we dont hear anything AIP or anything like that yet. Just ask for finger print last week. Could it be a last step or it will take longer?

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Does anybody know how long you heard from CIC after finger print? Our application received Nov 7, 2017. We are kind of worry since we dont hear anything AIP or anything like that yet. Just ask for finger print last week. Could it be a last step or it will take longer?
Probably getting towards the end - I got my AIP exactly 11 months after submitting my application, so I would not worry about it yet. Just send them what they are asking for and have faith that it will get you closer to the end.

Reactions: Rickay001