+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

metqc

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Got landing invite letter from Montreal office today!
Congrats! Still waiting on mine. Did it give you a specific date and time or did it say you can go in whenever until a certain date? If it lets you go whenever, when are te opening hours?

alphaq

Mar 27, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
Congrats! Still waiting on mine. Did it give you a specific date and time or did it say you can go in whenever until a certain date? If it lets you go whenever, when are te opening hours?
Thanks! They haven't mentioned a specific date/ time. The email says that I can go before August 2019. The Montreal office timings are Mon - Fri from 0730 to 1630

Hope you get yours soon!

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I can understand some people's feeling right now, the frustration the waiting game. Just like me , been out of status for awhile now, more than a decade, and( I take solely responsible for that) I don't mind if have to wait for more months, and im just happy that my paper is in process already, and I know my turn will come, but sometimes I wish decision made is already, coz nervousness is killing me right now, the excitement that I might be a pr soon, or my application will be denied. And hopefully CBSA is not coming after me now.
When did you apply? Are you already dealing with CBSA?

You have a great attitude! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
When did you apply? Are you already dealing with CBSA?

You have a great attitude! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I
I'm a Sep 28, applicant. I guess I was just being lucky, for being out of status for 10 yrs, I wasn't in the CBSA's radar. Butthe fears everyday I face, CBSA will come knocking at the door and take me away, and being apart with my son.only my sister And my husband knows my stagus, I don't tell it to my friends for fear of somebody might snitch and call CIC. And when i send the application, my paranoia comes intense, I managed to be out of their radar, and with this application for sure they will come after me.
But when i came across these forum, gives me a lot of help and hope, especially how to renew my passport, for u must habe a legal status here in Canada to renew it.Now I'm crossing my finger hopefully, even if it takes more months, my paper doesn't have any problem. It's already in background check, I passed my medical, they don't need my fingerprints, no need for interview nor no additional documents.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
I
I'm a Sep 28, applicant. I guess I was just being lucky, for being out of status for 10 yrs, I wasn't in the CBSA's radar. Butthe fears everyday I face, CBSA will come knocking at the door and take me away, and being apart with my son.only my sister And my husband knows my stagus, I don't tell it to my friends for fear of somebody might snitch and call CIC. And when i send the application, my paranoia comes intense, I managed to be out of their radar, and with this application for sure they will come after me.
But when i came across these forum, gives me a lot of help and hope, especially how to renew my passport, for u must habe a legal status here in Canada to renew it.Now I'm crossing my finger hopefully, even if it takes more months, my paper doesn't have any problem. It's already in background check, I passed my medical, they don't need my fingerprints, no need for interview nor no additional documents.
Don't be afraid, Canada is a great place with humans on their system! I have been dealing with them for about 6 months. The only downside would be if IRCC rejects my application, then I have the exclusion order in place and GOODBYE for me haha

Rest assure that they won't come and knock at your door and take you, unless you have a deportation order, etc or simple, you haven't follow their rules (CBSA), then they would probably proceed.

Even if you have to deal with them, you have options. Since you sent your application almost a year now, the chances that you'll get in trouble are less.

Cheers.

May 12, 2017
Oct. 11 applicant.

I just received a letter in my CIC inbox stating that my wife "meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class."

It's weird because it reads almost as though I should have received it at the beginning of the application process, not now almost a year later ("a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks..."). The last communication was in April when my wife completed and submitted her medical.

Reactions: Will_PA

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
Oct. 11 applicant.

I just received a letter in my CIC inbox stating that my wife "meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class."

It's weird because it reads almost as though I should have received it at the beginning of the application process, not now almost a year later ("a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks..."). The last communication was in April when my wife completed and submitted her medical.
Nice, you're near the end :)

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Oct. 11 applicant.

It's normal, even though it doesn't really make sense. With inland apps, there tends to be nothing after medical until about two months before the end of the process, and that's when they dump all these different updates on you, that you'd normally expect to happen throughout the process and not just at the end.

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Update ! So the worker person who is working on our file emailed again today (somehow I'm copied on these emails as well as my lawyer)
asking when we were going to send this form in they wanted. ( I guess he doesn't understand it takes time to get information from old files from another country sent here )
But I also got an email from my MP's office saying they are looking into our application for us.
So this is what I expect is the scenario. MP is asking CIC what is happening, they are asking the worker, who is asking the lawyer, who then of Course is asking me....
So now I'm waiting to see what the MP is going to say, is it going to be what I told the lawyer, who told the worker guy, who told CIC boss, who will tell the MP ? I'm betting money it is.

Anyway I've never seen them chase after information they've asked for either, this doesn't seem normal to me. On the bright side the worker has said to email this information as soon as we get it and the electronic version is good. So we will see I guess.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Yes, my spouse was spouse when i landed as PR, i notify immigration that i got married before getting my PR.
Great news, I was afraid you did not notify CIC when you landed (or before), that would have made you ineligible to sponsor your spouse.

So to answer your initial question regarding the status after the OWP expires. As your spouse currently has an OWP and that your spouse will apply for an extension of the OWP, your spouse should be on implied status between the expiration of the current OWP and the time CIC reach a decision on the extension. The very important thing is to apply for the sponsorship and the OWP extension before the current OWP expires.

On implied status, your spouse is allowed to continue working, however some employers will refuse to keep the employee until they show a new valid work permit. If that's the case, I suggest bringing proofs you applied for the extension prior to expiration and you can show this link to the employer:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=188&top=17

LunaM

Dec 28, 2017
I can understand some people's feeling right now, the frustration the waiting game. Just like me , been out of status for awhile now, more than a decade, and( I take solely responsible for that) I don't mind if have to wait for more months, and im just happy that my paper is in process already, and I know my turn will come, but sometimes I wish decision made is already, coz nervousness is killing me right now, the excitement that I might be a pr soon, or my application will be denied. And hopefully CBSA is not coming after me now.
I totally get your frustration, and being out of status makes it even worse. But you've done everything you can, worrying about it too much is not good for your mental health. Maybe you can do something you love to distract yourself every time you feel that anxiety. You know sometimes good things happen when you least expect it. You'll get there, I promise :)