Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
No in status and AIP given as well as sponsorship approval with Decision Made for the sponsor. It's not been transferred it's just sitting in limbo until they get yet another paper which wasn't listed in the guide, and they could have asked for at any time during the last year.

You're very right it does cause stress and upset. We rarely fight or argue but since last week it's been a bit of a rare short tempered week here.

Someone on another board suggested my lawyer should have known to get this form in the first place but he's not accepting responsibility either. I'm not sure tbh, I think it really is a combination of the two, if CIC was working on our file like they were supposed to, then getting another document would have been annoying, but not upsetting now that its past the 12 month mark. I am disappointed in my lawyer as his attitude is oh well, they don't usually get things done in 12 months anyway, and yet again if we let them then this is what happens ! They get away with it I don't want to be in the 20% that they don't care about because they met the 80%.

If you're out if status whats a good way to get you back in ... oh maybe finishing your application, seems pretty simple really.
You have a good standing. Just get the document across to them within the required timeframe , and you will be fine.

Those consultants can be frustrating all the time. You just have to try to expedite the process of collecting and submitting the required documents, as you will likely be getting your DM, as soon as they receive the documents.

You may want to upload the document yourself, or send it through a web form, and even mail it across to them; if it seems your lawyer does not care.

Yes! For Being out of status, one would just have to wait and wait the delay. It’s a good wait, when you are not dealing with the CBSA. But a scary one, when CBSA is on your case.

Reactions: Danish1371

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
You have a good standing. Just get the document across to them within the required timeframe , and you will be fine.

Those consultants can be frustrating all the time. You just have to try to expedite the process of collecting and submitting the required documents, as you will likely be getting your DM, as soon as they receive the documents.

You may want to upload the document yourself, or send it through a web form, and even mail it across to them; if it seems your lawyer does not care.

Yes! For Being out of status, one would just have to wait and wait the delay. It’s a good wait, when you are not dealing with the CBSA. But a scary one, when CBSA is on your case.

OH we have ordered this unknown piece of paper but of course have to wait to get it from his country. Like I said if we had known or they had mentioned it anywhere in the guide or website, it would've been there, but it wasn't. Lawyer says he's never seen this before and once again I don't know if I believe it. I haven't seen others being stopped at the DM stage so was a bit shocked as I fully expected the landing letter to be our next step not all this waste of time. ( but time is only important for 80% of us )

Best of luck I will likely stick around here as hey we have lots of time

LunaM

Dec 28, 2017
Either directly or indirectly, there are penalties for being out of status. Waiting forever for AIP before they will approve an open work permit for an applicant on spousal sponsorship route is enough penalty. You don’t want to experience being out of work, or not being able to work for almost a year waiting for Approvel in principle before they will approve your open work permit.

And the longer the decision made or the approval in principle tarries, the longer the penalty.

Only those who have experienced it can tell you the pain, and how much a penalty is that.

Secondly, if being out of status for a very long time , dealing with CBSA is not an adventure for free diamonds.

Some of the the route entitle the applicant to stay, if transitions are managed squarely. But sometimes a lot of people were ignorant, or didn’t get a hoot of a forum like this on time, where they can have up to date info, and who cannot afford to pay the exorbitant prices charged by consultants, succeed missing their status honourably with a view to rectifying it when the need arises.

Nobody wants to celebrate being out of status, nor is expecting a medal from same, either ignorantly or intentionally.

But when it happens, it happens, and you are either left to sink all your investment in the process, or swim with it. It would be unfair to say that an applicant is not entitled to stay with his family because he is out of status based on a perceived, or an irregular ignorance of a how a system works.
I think you're missing a point here. We all understand how painful the wait game is and how frustrating you are, but having a legal status is the rules and laws. Any personal circumstances, ignorance or misleading information given by other people are not excuses that you lost your status, and also married to a citizen or pr of that country does not justify the fact that you don't have legal status. Therefore you cant blame CIC for not making your life easier. We are adults, we need to be take responsibility for ourselves and face the consequences of our actions. People here just try to get to you to see being out-of-status might get you in a much worse situation in other countries, at least in Canada you get to be with your loved ones and waiting for good news which will come sooner or later. In the future, plan ahead, do a proper research on status extension 3 months before your current one expires, that will help you avoid frustration like this. Stay positive, your AIP is coming! :)

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
I think you're missing a point here. We all understand how painful the wait game is and how frustrating you are, but having a legal status is the rules and laws. Any personal circumstances, ignorance or misleading information given by other people are not excuses that you lost your status, and also married to a citizen or pr of that country does not justify the fact that you don't have legal status. Therefore you cant blame CIC for not making your life easier. We are adults, we need to be take responsibility for ourselves and face the consequences of our actions. People here just try to get to you to see being out-of-status might get you in a much worse situation in other countries, at least in Canada you get to be with your loved ones and waiting for good news which will come sooner or later. In the future, plan ahead, do a proper research on status extension 3 months before your current one expires, that will help you avoid frustration like this. Stay positive, your AIP is coming! :)
I can understand some people's feeling right now, the frustration the waiting game. Just like me , been out of status for awhile now, more than a decade, and( I take solely responsible for that) I don't mind if have to wait for more months, and im just happy that my paper is in process already, and I know my turn will come, but sometimes I wish decision made is already, coz nervousness is killing me right now, the excitement that I might be a pr soon, or my application will be denied. And hopefully CBSA is not coming after me now.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
Does the applicant has a legal status?
The reason why some of us have had our application transferred for further assessment is based on eligibility. Being out of status.

They are really being mean on us. Am a June 14, 2017 applicant, and got SA and letter of transfer to local office for further assessment since May 31st, 2018.

The sad part is , they didn’t approve work permit on the grounds that we will have to wait for AIP. And they are willingly holding back the AIP, regardless of the fact that everything, including security, criminality, medical is done and completed.

They are just being wicked, because we can’t simply live a normal life. Homes are breaking apart on little issues, we can’t simply do little things aright as a family.

I involved my MP, even the IRCC agent I spoke with some months ago, did send a follow up email to the officer based on the account of completion on the application, to expediate decision making on the application. But, When I called back after 30 days to the IRCC office, another agent told me that the officer acknowledged the follow up email, but didn’t do anything.

I think they have just decided to keep us in limbo on the reasons of illegality- out of status I mean. Though some applications are transferred on the basis of inadmissiblity.
You are 100% right and l strongly believe it some hardened officers who are burnt on not doing what is right even in the face of clear and undoubted evidence. These days there is high discretionary power by some inexperienced officers.If one is not lucky and you fall in their hands they would put you in limbo and nothing can be done to them