+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
I know same here :( when will this wait be over!!!
I'm thinking never ... I am so disheartened I don't want to even go on Facebook and see people from late NOVEMBER being landed

Why did we get the slow worker ? and the one who went to the last second and said oh shit maybe I should ask for this .... even though it's completely redundant.

12 months and counting ..........

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
I'm thinking never ... I am so disheartened I don't want to even go on Facebook and see people from late NOVEMBER being landed

Why did we get the slow worker ? and the one who went to the last second and said oh shit maybe I should ask for this .... even though it's completely redundant.

SIGH.......

Reactions: Danish1371

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018

Ugh ...! Seriously its a mutual feeling !! Why we got the slow workers its so disappointing to see people applied after you getting onboard with all work done prior to you :( no offense .. congrads to them ! But it just makes me feel more sad thinking can ever things work out in time and as you expect !!!

Reactions: Fowl and Danish1371

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Btw does anyone know how to get atleast work permit approved prior to getting the decision or AIP even. This way the person can atleast work :( while waiting

cococanuck

Jan 3, 2018
Quebec
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Aug 5th (returned) reapplied Oct 3, 2017
Med's Request
Nov 7th (TRV extension)
Anyone got their landing interview invitation from Montreal recently?

How long is it taking after AIP, SA and DM on both sides?
-Just got our invitation letter today for Montreal!! (DM both sides last Wednesday)

Reactions: sylvain1

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Ugh ...! Seriously its a mutual feeling !! Why we got the slow workers its so disappointing to see people applied after you getting onboard with all work done prior to you :( no offense .. congrads to them ! But it just makes me feel more sad thinking can ever things work out in time and as you expect !!!

That's exactly it ! We did everything right it's not overly complicated, even if they did need another document.... if they had got to us a tad sooner it wouldn't have been such an upset. Service level agreements are they just a suggestion ? Who holds these people accountable ? If it was corporate they would be and this is our lives these people are dealing with !!!

Reactions: Fowl

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi guys! I got AIP today.
I am in Ontario.
Can I apply for OHIP?
I am September 28 applicant
Congratulations on AIP, yes you can apply for OHIP with this letter.

Reactions: J&C11

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
That's exactly it ! We did everything right it's not overly complicated, even if they did need another document.... if they had got to us a tad sooner it wouldn't have been such an upset. Service level agreements are they just a suggestion ? Who holds these people accountable ? If it was corporate they would be and this is our lives these people are dealing with !!!

Well for them,it is like they are the owner ! Can make us wait .. !!! I mean even if they do some sort of communication in regards to the progress it would be great !! Atleast we wouldnt be just wondering and shooting in the air about what is happening !!! When you call them you can't get through to any. And if you are lucky and get a hold of someone ... majority times its no help ... pretty much just repeat to us the status you would find on mycic account !!! Ahhh,.. this makes me so mad ! But what can you do !!! Gotta suck it up and just give a patience test !!! :(

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi! I so happy!
We also got SA yesterday and we did not notice because it was on my husband's email and that was the first email he received from IRCC.

September 28 2017 applicant
AIP & SA , September 11 2018

Reactions: Will_PA

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Wow Finally AIP for my husband. It's been a crazy long road.

-Applied June 6th
-Police request in July ..
-No work permit because hubby was on implied staus:(
-Long ass wait till medical request in March
-Passed medical in April
-extra document request may 25
-cant find document ask for exstention...
-granted time to find document July 11
-found and submitted that document Aug 8th
Waiiiiiit forever
-SEPT 11 email that my husband meet eligibility and can now get work permit AIP. Now we wait for next step

Wow who would think this was the most stressful year around.. stronger than ever and ready to move forward ..

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Wow Finally AIP for my husband. It's been a crazy long road.

-Applied June 6th
-Police request in July ..
-No work permit because hubby was on implied staus:(
-Long ass wait till medical request in March
-Passed medical in April
-extra document request may 25
-cant find document ask for exstention...
-granted time to find document July 11
-found and submitted that document Aug 8th
Waiiiiiit forever
-SEPT 11 email that my husband meet eligibility and can now get work permit AIP. Now we wait for next step

Wow who would think this was the most stressful year around.. stronger than ever and ready to move forward ..
congrats!

On july 11th, they granted you more time to send documents... they probably gave you 30-60 days to send them. They usually do not go back to you file until that delay expires. So that would probably be the reason you did not see further movement until yesterday.

Reactions: Ravs1988

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
congrats!

On july 11th, they granted you more time to send documents... they probably gave you 30-60 days to send them. They usually do not go back to you file until that delay expires. So that would probably be the reason you did not see further movement until yesterday.
Yes your correct they gave us till Aug 30th and than we waited :) does anyone know If my husband can get medical now ? With AIP? Does it allow drivers license?

Reactions: jeet07

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Yes your correct they gave us till Aug 30th and than we waited :) does anyone know If my husband can get medical now ? With AIP? Does it allow drivers license?
I think it depends on the province for medical, but after AIP it usually moves fast to landing within weeks for most. As you know he can now apply for a work permit but quite possibly he will land well before that would be processed.