14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
Hi all,
I'm a November 14th applicant and just received a notification asking me to "provide an RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints." When I logged into my account and the document submission page of my application shows that "Replacement needed" for Fingerprints. But the "police certificate" shows "Replacement provided", I guess because I submitted the police certificate with fingerprints before. So not sure why they ask for the fingerprints again. Should I just book an appointment to do another fingerprints with police certificate? Does anybody else have the same issue? Thanks so much for the reply!

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi all,
I'm a November 14th applicant and just received a notification asking me to "provide an RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints." When I logged into my account and the document submission page of my application shows that "Replacement needed" for Fingerprints. But the "police certificate" shows "Replacement provided", I guess because I submitted the police certificate with fingerprints before. So not sure why they ask for the fingerprints again. Should I just book an appointment to do another fingerprints with police certificate? Does anybody else have the same issue? Thanks so much for the reply!
Hi John, I believe your RCMP police check based on fingerprints is something different than your police certificates. Your MyCIC account should show a new slot to provide placement for the RCMP fingerprint check one.

You need to print the letter and bring it with you to your local police station. They take your prints, a photo and then run a check. If you have no criminal history they will forward the results to IRCC within a week or so. The police officer told me that if you do have a criminal history, it might take up to three months to complete your check.

TLDR; Yes, you should book another appointment with the RCMP to get your prints taken, as this is another type of police check.

Reactions: SsJohn

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Sept 28 applicant here, my background check still in process, and it's been more than 3 weeks now, though when i used their Tele serve options, it says we don't need additionaldocument, no need for interview, we don't need your fingerprints, your eligibility hasn't been started.
Also as i follow these thread , wondering why almost have a PA and Sponsor side on ECAS? Mine is only for me. My husband doesnt know if he is eligible for he never received a correspondence, maybe because he didn't have email?
Congratulations to all

Reactions: Hanh my

SsJohn

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
App. Filed.......
14-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-01-2018
Med's Request
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018
Hi John, I believe your RCMP police check based on fingerprints is something different than your police certificates. Your MyCIC account should show a new slot to provide placement for the RCMP fingerprint check one.

You need to print the letter and bring it with you to your local police station. They take your prints, a photo and then run a check. If you have no criminal history they will forward the results to IRCC within a week or so. The police officer told me that if you do have a criminal history, it might take up to three months to complete your check.

TLDR; Yes, you should book another appointment with the RCMP to get your prints taken, as this is another type of police check.
Thanks a lot for your reply! I used a private agency to take the fingerprints and the police check before so I called them and they told me that CIC requested the fingerprints again just because the previous one I submitted with my application files expired. It's only valid for 6 months and I submitted I think last November with my application. So I just did another police check with fingerprints right away. They said RCMP will send the police certificate to me within 10 business days so I could upload a scanned copy of it to the CIC system then. Hope this will solve the problem. Just in case others have the same problem....

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
I don't believe in an extra year of processing at all even though I truly believe an agent from cic call center might say that.
When it gets transferred to a local office before AIP it is usually that they are not satisfied with something, like whether you are in a genuine relationship or whether you are actually cohabiting. It won't take a year for the local office to take action like requesting more documents or phone interview or call the couple for a real in person interview.
I'm following this forum for a few years now and I've never heard of a story of someone taking a whole year more because the file got transferred to a local office for further assessment. That shouldn't take long, few weeks more maybe but not even a few months more.
Those applications taking really longer time are usually because of security checks which is much harder to do with some countries and which does not depend only on Canadian authorities. Assessing a relationship or cohabitation is much easier and cannot justify months of delay.
Oh Marva I see u are just shy of 3 months from 2 yrs....oh Nooooo

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hi @itsme123 what does ur application status says thru phone system just curious to know m November 20 . My status - we have not started viewing ur eligibility yet .
Hi @jeet07 .....it is the same .... it says eligibility not started and for background check , its in progress :(

I am just waiting on any communication from them cause I know they update ecas after they send in the emails :-/ Fingers crossed !!

Last edited:

TeaDrinkerYVR

Aug 27, 2018
I am wondering if anyone who landed in Vancouver recently?

I am Oct applicant, just wondering when can get the schedule for appointment since Vancouver office is busy I heard that.
I asked the same question and so far it seems like 1 month from DM to landing. How long have you been waiting to land?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
November 1st applicant just got AIP ! Ecas still in process on applicant side, and recived in sponsor side.
Online account change to we are reviewing your eligibility :)
ECAS will likely update tomorrow morning.

Attak

Dec 29, 2016
This is so sad I just call C I.C office and got a real good representative to talk to I told him my file was transferred for further assessment he check and told me eligibility has been approved But PA on my side is still in process, and then he said they normally take 14 MONTHS when a file is transfer , so i ask if it was from August 2017 when my application started , he said 14 Months counting from the time it reaches the local office. And mine was transfer June 6 2018... Anyone has file transfer and got landing early??