Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Most lawyers are good at a few things:
1- collecting money
2- lying
3- collecting more money
4- ...

It's not the first time I read that the lawyer forgot to inform his clients about the landing appointment. This can have serious consequences. This was written on our landing appointment letter: "Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed." Of course, IRCC knows that mistakes can happen and they will reschedule an appointment when you contact them soon after the missed appointment, but it really can have serious consequences.
@sylvain1 SO TRUE , I'm sorry I never knew about these online threads before, the lawyer charge me 8 grand n I only spoke to him twice then one day I went there his professional secretary who said she's a Commissioner of Oaths, informed me that he has resigned, I said really, how comes I didn't know? she said she is in charge of paper works, so he's not needed, I paid up my 8g and she said it's not finished I have all receipts she telling me about tax is added n calls that she made n printed papers is another 2,000, so now I reach 10g and my application is from August 4 2017, after I paid her to send in my TRV she didn't, and made me out of Status, then she send for my OWP and ask ME for additional 200 for restoration ,u would think this dummy would restore status n then apply for the TRV then I would get the OWP but she didn't do that, maybe she heard about restoration n don't fully understand she's only busy collecting your money, so I got no OWP even though I pay so much, I'm running to MP for update n also on this thread , she need to be reported!!! How can a lawyer resign n say nothing to his client after taking my money and leave me up to this unprofessional lady , after 7 months i went to her n ask why i didn't get the permit yet after 7 months, she said I will get PR within the year and I can count very good because because I said 7 months already gone, VERY RUDE!! I told her to get back my OWP money because it make no sense too much time gone, I went on ecas one day and found out my application was withdrew n file was closed, thats April 19 2018 i call her quickly n asked why did she do that, she claim that she told them to cancel my owp, n they made a mistake , I call them for myself n explain to them I spoke to a very nice lady who open back the file n told me it's in the same place, AND it's now pass the one year mark year , I recieve letter from missassauga that my file has been transferred for further assessment at my local office that's a June 6 so I'm waiting I saw "DM" on sponsor side n my side in "Process" , I don't even talk to this woman again she'said disrespectful n she's a LIAR . If it wasn't for her stupidity I would be working.

Last edited:

metqc

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Oct 3 Application Received DM on both sides this morning! Yay!

Before anyone asks here is our timeline:

Category - Spouse Sponsorship Inland from Quebec
01 Aug 2017: 1st Application Sent:
29 Sep 2017: Returned because of missing birth cert (China) none required for pre 1996
03 Oct 2017: Resent application with letter re: birth cert
01 Dec 2017: Police Certificate & Schedule A Request
05 Dec 2017: Police Certificate & Schedule A Uploaded
07 Dec 2017: CSQ Request
11 Dec 2017: CSQ Application Submitted
19 Apr 2018: Medical Request
20 Apr 2018: Letter to support PCC and previous medical
30 Aug 2018: AIP
31 Aug 2018: DM on sponsor side
05 Sep 2018: DM on applicant side

now just waiting for invitation for interview (Montreal) :)
Congrats! Out of curiosity, which office did the AIP letter come from?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
@sylvain1 SO TRUE , I'm sorry I never knew about these online threads before, the lawyer charge me 8 grand n I only spoke to him twice then one day I went there his professional secretary who said she's a Commissioner of Oaths, informed me that he has resigned, I said really, how comes I didn't know? she said she is in charge of paper works, so he's not needed, I paid up my 8g and she said it's not finished I have all receipts she telling me about tax is added n calls that she made n printed papers is another 2,000, so now I reach 10g and my application is from August 4 2017, after I paid her to send in my TRV she didn't, and made me out of Status, then she send for my OWP and ask ME for additional 200 for restoration ,u would think this dummy would restore status n then apply for the TRV then I would get the OWP but she didn't do that, maybe she heard about restoration n don't fully understand she's only busy collecting your money, so I got no OWP even though I pay so much, I'm running to MP for update n also on this thread , she need to be reported!!! How can a lawyer resign n say nothing to his client after taking my money and leave me up to this unprofessional lady , after 7 months i went to her n ask why i didn't get the permit yet after 7 months, she said I will get PR within the year and I can count very good because because I said 7 months already gone, VERY RUDE!! I told her to get back my OWP money because it make no sense too much time gone, I went on ecas one day and found out my application was withdrew n file was closed, thats April 19 2018 i call her quickly n asked why did she do that, she claim that she told them to cancel my owp, n they made a mistake , I call them for myself n explain to them I spoke to a very nice lady who open back the file n told me it's in the same place, AND it's now pass the one year mark year , I recieve letter from missassauga that my file has been transferred for further assessment at my local office that's a June 6 so I'm waiting I saw "DM" on sponsor side n my side in "Process" , I don't even talk to this woman again she'said disrespectful n she's a LIAR . If it wasn't for her stupidity I would be working.
https://iccrc-crcic.ca
This is where you could file a complaint if you want to.

Reactions: Fowl

alphaq

Mar 27, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
11-09-2017
Just got SA and AIP from Vancouver !! Waiting for landing invitation from Montreal office now...

Application received: Sep 11 2017
AOR: Nov 29 2017
PCC & Schedule A Submission: Dec 16 2017
CSQ Approved: Dec 15 2017
Medical Passed: Apr 09 2018 (from previous study permit application)
Medical Request: Aug 16 2018
Medical Submitted: Aug 23 2018
Medical Passed: Aug 24 2018
Sponsor Approval: Sep 5 2018
AIP: Sep 5 2018

Reactions: Hanh my

zixR

May 6, 2012
You are right. I made them a call in early this morning. They schedueld me on aug 27 that i didn't realize it. Even my lawer didn't tell me about this. They said they sent it through my lawer. But i doubt who is mistake
I'm in the same situation. Would you mind to tell me which phone number you called them?
thanks

Reactions: Den den

Den den

Apr 5, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
hi... everyone

i have been posting for sometime now about my situation. JULY 10 APPLICANT. DM ON AUG 20, 2018 AND NOTHING.

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR ME TO CONTACT MY MP. DOES ANYONE KNOW DO I CONTACT MY MP. I AM IN BRAMPTON, ONTARIO