+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
Hey guys just want to ask how long does it takes to process background check. I'm a Sep 28 applicant. I've been checking the cic thru the Tele self serve option, and it's been 3 weeks that they're still processing my background check. I've been here in Canada for almost 15 yrs now and never left the country, so I was wondering how much longer do I have to wait.
Also how come in online tools, the only file I could seem is mine, nothing on the sponsor, maybe because I used my sister as representative and my mistake I didn't put any representative on his part, and he didn't have email to provide.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hey guys just want to ask how long does it takes to process background check. I'm a Sep 28 applicant. I've been checking the cic thru the Tele self serve option, and it's been 3 weeks that they're still processing my background check. I've been here in Canada for almost 15 yrs now and never left the country, so I was wondering how much longer do I have to wait.
Also how come in online tools, the only file I could seem is mine, nothing on the sponsor, maybe because I used my sister as representative and my mistake I didn't put any representative on his part, and he didn't have email to provide.
Hello.
Background check is the lengthiest process of the application it can take months, I have been in it for 5 months so far and also this is the only country I've spent more than 6 months other than my home country, so expect delays and silence.

If you go on ECAS and use the file number along with your spouse information, you'll be able to see the status.

Question, what is the tele self serve?

Last edited:
Reactions: sylvain1

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hello.
Background check is the lengthiest process of the application it can take months. I have been in it for 5 months so fae. Also this is the only country I've spent more than 6 months other than my home country. So expect delays and silence.

If you go on ECAS and use the file number along with your spouse information, you'll be able to see her status.

Question, what is the tele self serve?
My background check in process since 6 months .
Tele service is when we call cic and instead of talking to live Agent we check status of file through phone system

Reactions: david_gat88

Anashima

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hey. November 1st 2017 applicant. I got info by call center agent that my app is in Vancouver. I guess it will be a while.

GIE34

Jun 8, 2017
My background check in process since 6 months .
Tele service is when we call cic and instead of talking to live Agent we check status of file through phone system
Shouldnt they be doing that when i send the background declaration, and the police clearance? My paper will be 1 year this September 28. And how long is that eligibility requirements to process, coz they haven't started yet. And in that cic online tools this is the only things posted there
1. application received Sept 28,2017
2. Medical result received.

Hanh my

Jul 31, 2018
Hi guys , My application on August 9, 2107 . We hired a representative to do our paperwork. Few times I asked him for the time line. I doesn’t give me the answer. Just say in process. That’s why I created an account online for me to update my application . But I didn’t create for my husband is mean my spouse “ sponsors person’
On August 8 , 2018 I got AIP. That’s a good for me. And then I asked him for the fee RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE $490. He said he will pay for me first and then I have to transfer to him. But i looked at the recive I paid him for the fee $1040. I took a picture and sent it to him. I know he was lied to me , try to get extra money. This’s thing make him shame and making trouble for us .
He recived an email for my spouse “
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.” On August 10, 2018 . But he didn’t call me or let us know about this email .
Last night I just use online tool on my spouse. He have a notice “ We sent you correspondence on August 13, 2018 about the decision on your application.
I just call the representative again. He said he didn’t receive anything except email on August 10, 2018 .

I just a question, the email I got on August 10, 2018 is it the decision?

Thank you all

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi guys , My application on August 9, 2107 . We hired a representative to do our paperwork. Few times I asked him for the time line. I doesn’t give me the answer. Just say in process. That’s why I created an account online for me to update my application . But I didn’t create for my husband is mean my spouse “ sponsors person’
On August 8 , 2018 I got AIP. That’s a good for me. And then I asked him for the fee RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE $490. He said he will pay for me first and then I have to transfer to him. But i looked at the recive I paid him for the fee $1040. I took a picture and sent it to him. I know he was lied to me , try to get extra money. This’s thing make him shame and making trouble for us .
He recived an email for my spouse “
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.” On August 10, 2018 . But he didn’t call me or let us know about this email .
Last night I just use online tool on my spouse. He have a notice “ We sent you correspondence on August 13, 2018 about the decision on your application.
I just call the representative again. He said he didn’t receive anything except email on August 10, 2018 .

I just a question, the email I got on August 10, 2018 is it the decision?

Thank you all
The letter you describe is sponsor approval (SA)

Check ECAS and log in as the sponsor.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

You should now see "decision made" on the sponsor side and either "in process" or "decision made" on the principal applicant side. If you see decision made on the PA side, then it's done and you are waiting for landing. If it's yet in process, you don't have your DM yet.

the 1040$ includes the RPRF.

for >95% of cases in the spousal sponsorship category, using a lawyer is simply a pure waste of money.

Hanh my

Jul 31, 2018
The letter you describe is sponsor approval (SA)

Check ECAS and log in as the sponsor.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

You should now see "decision made" on the sponsor side and either "in process" or "decision made" on the principal applicant side. If you see decision made on the PA side, then it's done and you are waiting for landing. If it's yet in process, you don't have your DM yet.

the 1040$ includes the RPRF.

for >95% of cases in the spousal sponsorship category, using a lawyer is simply a pure waste of money.
Thank you . It’s show on my spouse “ Decision made , but my side still in process.

ktlanlan

Nov 23, 2017
Need Advise Here!

We received sponsor approval letter today, it requests us to pay the RPRF asap. However, we have already paid $1040 and the receipt is attached in our application package. Do we have to pay additional fee for that or I need to call CIC?

Please tell me what to do!

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Layna

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you . It’s show on my spouse “ Decision made , but my side still in process.
So you have SA and AIP, but not yet DM. Keep checking ECAS from time to time. When you will see decision made on both sides, you will know it's done.

Reactions: Hanh my

Layna

Jul 28, 2018
Need Advise Here!

We received sponsor approval letter today, it requests us to pay the RPRF asap. However, we have already paid $1040 and the receipt is attached in our application package. Do we have to pay additional fee for that or I need to call CIC?

Please tell me what to do!

Thanks in advance!
No you dont have to pay extra. If you paid 1040 $ the pr fees are included. Me too they sent me to pay the right of pr fees but i didnt pay because i paid 1040$.