+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Danish1371

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
FAM
Damn! December applicants already getting DMs! Good for you my friend! :) Congrats!
I am October and havent received anything.. I know this is only gonna get lots of people more upset or anxious about their PRs :p
I will just chill, have a beer and wait patiently for any news :)

I agree !! Congratulations.... but counting down the final days to the 12 month mark with nothing moving is frustrating
I need to meditate or something, but beer works too lol.

georgesak85

Jul 4, 2018
Congrats! Did you get a letter/PDF for Approval In Principal or Decision Made? What office did it say at the bottom, out of curiosity?
No still didn't received anything. hopefully soon! i think it will be transferred to Montreal office since I applied from Quebec.
Will update you once i receive any new document.
Good luck!

Reactions: metqc

KAUR.GOSAL

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
Still those countries usually do not induce really longer processing time, they are all collaborating well with CSIS. Best of luck anyway! I understand the feeling, but stay positive. This is only a matter of time.

Hi,

i know its a silly question, is background check is related to PCC only, because in our case they did not ask for PCC yet? is it mean they will start working on background check when they receive PCC(India).

app received- 21 nov,
medical request- 23 june

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi,

i know its a silly question, is background check is related to PCC only, because in our case they did not ask for PCC yet? is it mean they will start working on background check when they receive PCC(India).

app received- 21 nov,
medical request- 23 june
no, what is referred to background check by the CIC account typically includes background, criminality, and security checks. Background includes whether you are in the relationship you described, whether your story seems true or not. Criminality is mainly the PCC. Security is deeper, done between secret services; are you a threat for terrorism, are you close to organisation trying to overthrow a government,... This is what can be much longer to process and for which the delay doesn't only depend on Canadian authorities.
Still, it's a bit strange to me that they did not request your PCC yet.

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
no, what is referred to background check by the CIC account typically includes background, criminality, and security checks. Background includes whether you are in the relationship you described, whether your story seems true or not. Criminality is mainly the PCC. Security is deeper, done between secret services; are you a threat for terrorism, are you close to organisation trying to overthrow a government,... This is what can be much longer to process and for which the delay doesn't only depend on Canadian authorities.
Its the same with us. They never requested PCC. We have attached Canadian PCC but not PCC from our home country. Ours is Nov 16 application.

KAUR.GOSAL

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017

Thank you so much.......even they ask for schedule A , 2 weeks ago but they mention,just send us the documents we ask for. when we submit schedule A, on the same day they ask for copy of passport,we submitted that too.

Reactions: sylvain1