+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Dec 25, 2017
PR CARD UPDATE

Hey guys,
I landed exactly 2 months ago and today I received a lette from immigration saying that my photo didn’t meat the requirements. I’m so upset.. I wish I had a copy of it to show you as an example - I took it at Lozeau (in Montreal).

Anyways, have anybody here received the same letter? How long after sending the new pics usually they send the PR Card? Any other place you guys would recommend to retake the photo so I won’t have this problem again?

Please tell me I won’t have to wait another two months I thought the stress was over but looks like it’s not :((
Thanks!!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
PR CARD UPDATE

Hey guys,
I landed exactly 2 months ago and today I received a lette from immigration saying that my photo didn’t meat the requirements. I’m so upset.. I wish I had a copy of it to show you as an example - I took it at Lozeau (in Montreal).

Anyways, have anybody here received the same letter? How long after sending the new pics usually they send the PR Card? Any other place you guys would recommend to retake the photo so I won’t have this problem again?

Please tell me I won’t have to wait another two months I thought the stress was over but looks like it’s not :((
Thanks!!
I have no ideas of the time required after you send new photos.
Regarding where to take it, we did it in a uniprix pharmacy. Their machine pre-approve or reject pictures according to criteria required (uniform white background, proportional size of the face on the picture,...).
I'm sure other pharmacies have similar machines.
I hope you won't have to wait too long to get your card!

Reactions: Priscila Sanches

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
PR CARD UPDATE

Hey guys,

Thanks!!
I read somewhere that the new photo requirement is scanned by a new machine which sometimes chews the photos. They apparently write to you rejecting them when this happens. Someone suggested sending 4 or more just in case!

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
This is SA and AIP. Not DM yet (from what you wrote). Check ECAS, you should see decision made on the sponsor side and either in process or decision made on the PA side. When you will see decision made on the PA side, you will be done and waiting for you landing appointment.
The timeline between AIP and DM is highly variable, ranging from few hours to several months, so it's not possible at this point to estimate when you can expect to land.
I’ve just checked ECAS and there is Decision Made on both mine and my husbands so Landing will be soon I guess! The SA and AIP letters came from the Vancouver office. What does that mean time wise, anyone have an idea?

Reactions: Will_PA

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I’ve just checked ECAS and there is Decision Made on both mine and my husbands so Landing will be soon I guess! The SA and AIP letters came from the Vancouver office. What does that mean time wise, anyone have an idea?
It depends on your location, but the time window for your landing should be between 1 to 6 weeks from now. You will receive the landing invitation letter typically 7-10 days prior to the landing appointment.

Reactions: HomeAgain17

lgrace29

Aug 29, 2018
Hi Guys!

I applied for spousal sponsorship for my husband on May 18, 2018. I received AOR June 29 2018. I am currently waiting for approval of the principal applicant before we apply for his working permit as this was the advise of our lawyer. Its been roughly 2 months already and haven't heard anything from them. Please advise?

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
This is SA and AIP, congrats! Did it say Vancouver or Mississauga at the bottom of these letters?

Next step is DM which should come within a week (sometimes shorter sometimes longer), and then landing letter which depends on your home office.
I got AIP on July 5 and still have not got DM. Everyone is different. Feb 2017 applicant STILL WAITING

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hi Guys!

I applied for spousal sponsorship for my husband on May 18, 2018. I received AOR June 29 2018. I am currently waiting for approval of the principal applicant before we apply for his working permit as this was the advise of our lawyer. Its been roughly 2 months already and haven't heard anything from them. Please advise?
Hello.
AIP can take months, there's no timeframe for anything. As far as I've seen, AIP sometimes hasn't even showned at all and you only get DM. Expect months of silence and I'd advice you to check ECAS to have some idea of what's happening. Always remember there's a 12 month mark.

I am surprised he suggested to wait until AIP to apply for a work permit. Is he out of status by any chance?

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi, haven`t checked in here for a while. We just had our landing interview today - over the phone. That`s a new thing they do apparently. Now to send in my signature and two photos and all should be good. Officer was very friendly and helpful. Long process! Def more then 12 months for me, despite no obvious issues.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Hi, haven`t checked in here for a while. We just had our landing interview today - over the phone. That`s a new thing they do apparently. Now to send in my signature and two photos and all should be good. Officer was very friendly and helpful. Long process! Def more then 12 months for me, despite no obvious issues.
Haven't heard about this before. Could you tell us more details about the call? Where is your application? Mississauga?