+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Now that you have mentioned this I realized I made the same mistake.. funny enough we have the same timeline, July 2016.. anyway, I believe you will not be the only one making this mistake.. I will only wait and see what happens.. I am so close to the 1yr line that I dont think calling them to submit a new form would help in any way.. I would think they will ask for clarification during the landing interview.. very optimistic :p

cheers!
Hi Eduardo
2016 or 2017?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I had the same question. I landed June 21st and I do not have any updates so far. When I called them last week, they were not helpful at all. They said just to wait and to be patient.
It's not a big deal for me cause I am not going to travel any time soon.
The last update for the processing time was on August 12th and the processing time was 62 days. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Usually this processing time does not include the mailing time. You're now at 67 days. So even if the processing time would have increased a bit since the last update, I would guess you should get it this week.

Reactions: Gio1908

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
M just so annoyed right nothing happening been 3 months to medical . Today morning before coming to work I have to update Cbsa . Feel like to cry this process just killing guys :(
If I recall correctly, you're a November applicant, right? Getting news before November would be great for you, but this is unlikely. You have to be patient and wait at least until November. If you have to deal with CBSA, it's likely that your application draws more attention, so that's unlikely that you will be processed faster than the normal timeline. So just be prepared to wait until November and get a super party if the good news come earlier than expected! But in the end, it's just a matter of time (and great great great patience!). Hang on, keep enjoying your everyday life, the good news will eventually come!

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
If I recall correctly, you're a November applicant, right? Getting news before November would be great for you, but this is unlikely. You have to be patient and wait at least until November. If you have to deal with CBSA, it's likely that your application draws more attention, so that's unlikely that you will be processed faster than the normal timeline. So just be prepared to wait until November and get a super party if the good news come earlier than expected! But in the end, it's just a matter of time (and great great great patience!). Hang on, keep enjoying your everyday life, the good news will eventually come!
U r right it can draw attention but I have read some cases that when u deal Cbsa It should be done fast becos Cbsa always waiting for result to remove the person or leave the person alone .But let see I hope everything ends soon just praying

Reactions: sylvain1

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
M just so annoyed right nothing happening been 3 months to medical . Today morning before coming to work I have to update Cbsa . Feel like to cry this process just killing guys :(
Can you work without work permit? Just joking don’t take it personal, wanna make you smile so you don’t have to think about it over and over

Reactions: jeet07

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Can you work without work permit? Just joking don’t take it personal, wanna make you smile so you don’t have to think about it over and over
Lol I have work permit buddy I got through prra I can work until decision I never knew that I can get but my lawyer is very good in that

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
Lol I have work permit buddy I got through prra I can work until decision I never knew that I can get but my lawyer is very good in that
Nice stil, you were out of status right ? What i read through if you have been out of status! That mean you illegal. But that’s something new that you can work without AIP. I think you should now don’t have to worry about, in my opinion you can work now ans pay the taxes so there is no problem in your way. Good luck

Reactions: jeet07

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Reactions: sylvain1

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys,
I and my husband got married last year January 2017 in Pakistan.
My husband is a Canadian and I am currently on an open work permit until Oct 2019.
We both came back after Marriage and are staying together since.
We are planning to apply next month. I have pretty much completed the application by myself.
Just confused as for should I apply for an Open Work Permit? I am scared what if I don't get approved by Oct 2019. Will I be able to work after that? My OHIP also expires on Oct 2019.
Please help!

pavl

Aug 9, 2018
hi guys, I sent inland spouse application 30 july and I got AoR 25 august, was surprised it took less then a month, we reside in Quebec, could somebody tell me how long usually takes to get invitation letter from CIC to apply for CSQ after getting AoR? my package for CSQ is ready, just waiting for this letter from CIC, thanks

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
hi guys, I sent inland spouse application 30 july and I got AoR 25 august, was surprised it took less then a month, we reside in Quebec, could somebody tell me how long usually takes to get invitation letter from CIC to apply for CSQ after getting AoR? my package for CSQ is ready, just waiting for this letter from CIC, thanks
In our case it came the same day as AOR (only 1h difference)

pavl

Aug 9, 2018
In our case it came the same day as AOR (only 1h difference)
hmmmm, now I started to worry((( 3 days I tried to link my app, finally today with success, but nothing is there about app to quebec, just written "in process" and nothing else(