+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone who landed in June has gotten their PR card yet? Wanting to travel, were advised of when it should arrive but haven't received it yet...

Or anyone who has gotten it this year, approximately how long did it take?

Thanks!
I had the same question. I landed June 21st and I do not have any updates so far. When I called them last week, they were not helpful at all. They said just to wait and to be patient.
It's not a big deal for me cause I am not going to travel any time soon.

Yana2017

Aug 1, 2018
An urgent question that I couldn't find answer on the forum:

My partner and I started living together in July 2016, and on our PR application, we put the start date of living together (July 2016) as the date we entered into a common law relationship. Is this wrong? Should have we put July 2017 as the date of the common law (which is one year after moving in together)?

Is this something that we should correct on the application, and if yes, what would be the way to correct this?

I am so worried now about this..Any insight would be of a great help, Thank you <3

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017

My partner and I started living together in July 2016, and on our PR application, we put the start date of living together (July 2016) as the date we entered into a common law relationship. Is this wrong? Should have we put July 2017 as the date of the common law (which is one year after moving in together)?

Is this something that we should correct on the application, and if yes, what would be the way to correct this?

I am so worried now about this..Any insight would be of a great help, Thank you <3

you were suppose to put July 2017 as that is when you became 1 year living together making you common-law. you may want to inquire and see about making a change .. to them they think that 2 years you been common-law if you put 2016

Reactions: Yana2017

KAUR.GOSAL

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
isnt schedule A and the PCC the same request you must send both

they just ask for Schedule A.. in the letter they specially mention that send them only those docs whatever they ask for.....i think that's good for us too... because we applied pcc from india and not received yet.

Ravs1988

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
they just ask for Schedule A.. in the letter they specially mention that send them only those docs whatever they ask for.....i think that's good for us too... because we applied pcc from india and not received yet.
Were did you apply ? My husband went to India embassy here in Vancouver and got it before the rcmp one came. Under a weeks time..

eduardo.arellano

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017

Now that you have mentioned this I realized I made the same mistake.. funny enough we have the same timeline, July 2016.. anyway, I believe you will not be the only one making this mistake.. I will only wait and see what happens.. I am so close to the 1yr line that I dont think calling them to submit a new form would help in any way.. I would think they will ask for clarification during the landing interview.. very optimistic :p

cheers!

Yana2017

Aug 1, 2018
Now that you have mentioned this I realized I made the same mistake.. funny enough we have the same timeline, July 2016.. anyway, I believe you will not be the only one making this mistake.. I will only wait and see what happens.. I am so close to the 1yr line that I dont think calling them to submit a new form would help in any way.. I would think they will ask for clarification during the landing interview.. very optimistic :p

cheers!
I am optimistic too :) Good luck!

Reactions: eduardo.arellano

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
M just so annoyed right nothing happening been 3 months to medical . Today morning before coming to work I have to update Cbsa . Feel like to cry this process just killing guys :(

chhm1215

Feb 5, 2018
finally I got this letter on aug 23, 2018 !! DM on aug 17 2018. now I'm waiting for time of landing interview!

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to
arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office at your
appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or
identity documents.

Reactions: AshaMc