AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you ! Ur answers are always so helpful u should work for the customer service centre if IRCC to help people and answer their concerns it would be so good to have helpful people like u after a long wait with IRCC over the phone
Thank you! But no, I would not like to work for IRCC phone center. I think they are quite understaffed and I know quite a lot on inland spousal sponsorship but not much in other categories. Here I'm just sharing my experience like some others did for me!

Andy.ve

Oct 19, 2017
I'm officially a permanent resident of Canada!! :D I landed yesterday in the Edmonton office. As described by many, it was a really easy and fast "interveiw" I had to wait an hour but it's just because the office was so busy and I was one of the lasts, it made it so my questions were less and quicker lol

Just wanted to say thank you to all, we're so lucky to have this forum and all these helpful people to make the process less agonizing. Also, best of luck to everyone who is still waiting for it to be over!! I hope you all get your landing sooner than later!

Andy.ve

Oct 19, 2017
Guys i need ur help !!
I FINALLY GOT THE PRELANDING LETTER STATING THAT THEY ARE READY TO FINALIZE MY PR AND THEY GAVE ME THE ADDRESS WHERE WE SHOULD GO TO IN MONTREAL.
THEY ASKED TO PAY THE 490$ FEES.
When we have applied we have paid 1040$ for the whole application including the PR FEES.
NOW THEY REQUEST TO BRING A COPY OF THE PAID INVOICE BUT THE INVOICE SAYS $1040 and not $490.
Do u have any idea if it works? Also they didnt give any appointement we should go within the date they asked.. to get the COPR!
Do u guys know if we can go apply for the SIN AFTER THAT? Thank uuu alllll
Hey I see they answered your question but if it makes you feel better, I had the same doubt and situation as you. It turns out they didn't even ask me for my receipt in the interview. They must have in the system of you've paid for it or not. If they do ask for it and you show them the receipt for $1040 then you'll be fine.

Also, to answer some of your other questions: you won't be separated from your spouse, you need to be together. I'm not sure if you can be an interpreter but I saw in my landing interview that some sponsors were allowed to explain the questions to their family members in case they didn't understand English. Theres nothing to be worried about! It will be super fast and easy!

itsme123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
@jeet07 @Leogirl22 - Application Received Nov 30 and AOR Jan 18. Crazy hey?
I also noticed that she got the letter from Innovation Hub Winnipeg. I guess now they have Mississauga, Vancouver and Winnipeg processing. That's awesome!! It made me very excited.
wow..ours is nov 16th Application Received... Fingers crossed. Hopefuly soon....

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Hey guys,

We are requested to bring "All documents issued to you by Citizenship and Immigration Canada" during the landing interview. I can only think of study permit and work permit. Is there anything else we need to bring?

Thank you all.

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
@jeet07 @Leogirl22 - Application Received Nov 30 and AOR Jan 18. Crazy hey?
I also noticed that she got the letter from Innovation Hub Winnipeg. I guess now they have Mississauga, Vancouver and Winnipeg processing. That's awesome!! It made me very excited.
That's great news.. The end is near

Reactions: jeet07

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
No worries. When we sent our application I was already out of status, so it was a matter of time until they got to our application and called me for an "interview". If you are legal, you should not worry, on the contrary, if you have had any "problems" in the past, you will most likely have to deal with them.
@ david When mine reach in was also out of status but I didn't get call for interview yet if they do what will they ask me, a bunch of questions or just why I made myself out of status, I use a lawyer n they didn't send in for my extension.

XtianM

Oct 5, 2017
Hi guys, Im Oct 11 applicant. Haven't heard anything since I passed the medical in May. Ordered my GCMS notes July 26, just got the notes today. according to the notes, my sponsor's eligibility hasn't' started yet. It shows my criminality in process info sharing complete, and there is RCMP screening updated 1/30/2018 status "No Reportable Trace". I don't see the Organizations and entities as someone mentioned before. Anyone knows if it is normal?and what else important information I can get from the notes?Thank you.
Im Oct 3 and I ordered my notes on july 20. No processing activity since April Med Pass. Background check in process but it started my Sponsor eligibility. So i feel we are on the same boat.

Reactions: LunaM

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
Hey I see they answered your question but if it makes you feel better, I had the same doubt and situation as you. It turns out they didn't even ask me for my receipt in the interview. They must have in the system of you've paid for it or not. If they do ask for it and you show them the receipt for $1040 then you'll be fine.

Also, to answer some of your other questions: you won't be separated from your spouse, you need to be together. I'm not sure if you can be an interpreter but I saw in my landing interview that some sponsors were allowed to explain the questions to their family members in case they didn't understand English. Theres nothing to be worried about! It will be super fast and easy!
Thanks !!!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hey guys,

We are requested to bring "All documents issued to you by Citizenship and Immigration Canada" during the landing interview. I can only think of study permit and work permit. Is there anything else we need to bring?

Thank you all.
visa, but as it is in the passport, you will have it anyway. Even if you would forget one work permit of study permit, that would not prevent you to land. They will just discard those that you bring and will tell you to discard any you might have forgot to bring. All study or work permit as well as Canada visa become void when you land.

Reactions: dangvt2

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
@ david When mine reach in was also out of status but I didn't get call for interview yet if they do what will they ask me, a bunch of questions or just why I made myself out of status, I use a lawyer n they didn't send in for my extension.
This is what happened to me. They didn't ask questions as they had all the answers. They seized my passport, offered me a PRRA (which I waved), they gave me an exclusion order for one year, which it will only apply if my application is rejected and told me to come to their office every Wednesday and sign a paper (which takes 1 min).

They also explained that I should not work, commit crimes, etc all the common sense stuff.

It's nerve wracking, but if all you have had is the "out of status" I think you'd be fine.

My wife went with me, although they didn't ask me to.

Reactions: Fowl

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
It depends what do you see in the notes. If you see a mistake, you have to contact IRCC to have it corrected. If there is nothing wrong, well... yes waiting seems to be the only thing to do.

As you passed the 12 months mark, you could try to implicate your MP. The MP cannot do anything to speed up the process if the security checks are what is holding you up, but maybe he/she could help in getting SA and AIP. With AIP in hands, you could apply to restore your status and OWP which would put an end to your dealing with CBSA.
Thanks so much @sylvain1

Reactions: sylvain1

celinalee1219

Dec 11, 2017
hi everyone, I'm October 10 applicant, but i haven't gotten any news from IRCC ever since medical exam request in May.
Even some of November application are getting their SA or AIP. I wonder if there are any other October applicants at the same stage as me?

Reactions: Rickay001

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
This is what happened to me. They didn't ask questions as they had all the answers. They seized my passport, offered me a PRRA (which I waved), they gave me an exclusion order for one year, which it will only apply if my application is rejected and told me to come to their office every Wednesday and sign a paper (which takes 1 min).

They also explained that I should not work, commit crimes, etc all the common sense stuff.

It's nerve wracking, but if all you have had is the "out of status" I think you'd be fine.

My wife went with me, although they didn't ask me to.
Thanks for info David, it's just the out of status, paper went in August and my Trv expired from June so it was 2 month out. I'm still waiting I do to know why the letter say " sent for further assessment" anyway I'm still waiting just DM on my sponshorship side, my PR side is still " in process"

Reactions: david_gat88