+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

MDch

Sep 12, 2017
Hello everyone!

So exciting to see people getting the landing interviews. Congrats to everyone! We applied Sept 21, 2017 and just getting the Landing Interview scheduled for August 28! :)

A couple of questions if anyone knows that would be super helpful (I have tried reaching the 1-888 number on the letter in vain thus far but will continue to try :)):

1) Does anyone know what the interview consists of? How do we prepare?

2) My husband's English is not in the greatest shape yet. Does anyone know if I can be his interpreter? It does not say on the letter whether it needs to be someone we hire, etc.

Thanks so much for your time and good luck to all 2017 applicants - not too long now :)!

Reactions: Hanh my

metqc

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone!

So exciting to see people getting the landing interviews. Congrats to everyone! We applied Sept 21, 2017 and just getting the Landing Interview scheduled for August 28! :)

A couple of questions if anyone knows that would be super helpful (I have tried reaching the 1-888 number on the letter in vain thus far but will continue to try :)):

2) My husband's English is not in the greatest shape yet. Does anyone know if I can be his interpreter? It does not say on the letter whether it needs to be someone we hire, etc.

Thanks so much for your time and good luck to all 2017 applicants - not too long now :)!
Congrats! Would you mind sharing when you got Approval In Principle letter / decision made on ECAS?

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello everyone!

it's called an interview, but it's nothing like an interview to questions anything. So really no preparation needed.
If that would be for a relationship interview, you would definitely not be allowed to be the interpreter of your husband. For a landing interview, I don't think you can officially be the interpreter, but honestly there are no hard questions and you will be able to explain him if he doesn't understand one question.
They will ask him something like that: Did you ever committed a crime? Have you ever been refused entry to Canada or been required to leave Canada? Do you have any dependent that is not already listed on the application? When was your last entry in Canada? Then they will ask him to check the CoPR document and confirm there is no mistake. They might ask you if you are still willing to sponsor him, but they don't always ask. Then they will tell him: congratulations! you are now a permanent resident of Canada!

From the time you are called in, the whole process will take less than 10 minutes.

Reactions: MDch and vitoka

vitoka

Aug 7, 2018
Vancouver
Hey, Do you know where I can find the time of processing PA?

thank you
Check the Permanent Residence Application Status in ECAS.

This is mine:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 23, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on August 17, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on December 18, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on May 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

chhm1215

Feb 5, 2018
We sent you correspondence on August 21, 2018 about the decision on your application

I found this on my ecas few days later i got decision made on both side. I haven't got anything yet, i just wonder what will be this?

Curious15

Nov 29, 2017
I am officially a permanent resident of Canada as of today! :D

The "interview" ended up being extremely simple. Main stuff that I was asked was my address, where did I meet my spouse, and then they wanted me to verify my name, height, and eye colour of all things. :p I am glad it's finally over! Now to wait for the PR card...
hey man i uave a question if you have already done your interview.does your spouse has to be with you or not?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
hey man i uave a question if you have already done your interview.does your spouse has to be with you or not?
Yes, both the sponsor and the principal applicant must attend the landing interview.

MDch

Sep 12, 2017
it's called an interview, but it's nothing like an interview to questions anything. So really no preparation needed.
If that would be for a relationship interview, you would definitely not be allowed to be the interpreter of your husband. For a landing interview, I don't think you can officially be the interpreter, but honestly there are no hard questions and you will be able to explain him if he doesn't understand one question.
They will ask him something like that: Did you ever committed a crime? Have you ever been refused entry to Canada or been required to leave Canada? Do you have any dependent that is not already listed on the application? When was your last entry in Canada? Then they will ask him to check the CoPR document and confirm there is no mistake. They might ask you if you are still willing to sponsor him, but they don't always ask. Then they will tell him: congratulations! you are now a permanent resident of Canada!

From the time you are called in, the whole process will take less than 10 minutes.
Thank you so much!!! I appreciate this a lot. We are excited and so nervous at the same time :) Yes, it would be for a sponsorship/pr application but I think he should be fine :)

Reactions: sylvain1

Curious15

Nov 29, 2017
Yes, both the sponsor and the principal applicant must attend the landing interview.
my spouse got a job offer outta province and she might join next month.incase if she didnt come, would they accept if i tell them she is away for job purposes? any idea?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
my spouse got a job offer outta province and she might join next month.incase if she didnt come, would they accept if i tell them she is away for job purposes? any idea?
no they won't accept. You both need to be present. But if it's impossible for you on the date they will schedule, you can ask for the landing appointment to be rescheduled.

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
Guys i need ur help !!
I FINALLY GOT THE PRELANDING LETTER STATING THAT THEY ARE READY TO FINALIZE MY PR AND THEY GAVE ME THE ADDRESS WHERE WE SHOULD GO TO IN MONTREAL.
THEY ASKED TO PAY THE 490$ FEES.
When we have applied we have paid 1040$ for the whole application including the PR FEES.
NOW THEY REQUEST TO BRING A COPY OF THE PAID INVOICE BUT THE INVOICE SAYS $1040 and not $490.
Do u have any idea if it works? Also they didnt give any appointement we should go within the date they asked.. to get the COPR!
Do u guys know if we can go apply for the SIN AFTER THAT? Thank uuu alllll

Reactions: iamvenus

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Guys, a Nov 30 applicant got SA and AIP. The letter came from innovation hub Winnipeg. Maybe now they have 3 places processing applications.

I’m really for that. Otherwise the order is kinda crazy. LoL

Reactions: jeet07