+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
So.. mainly you have to deal with CBSA because you are out of status? Did they catch you? Or it is automatically like that? Sorry for those questions.
No worries. When we sent our application I was already out of status, so it was a matter of time until they got to our application and called me for an "interview". If you are legal, you should not worry, on the contrary, if you have had any "problems" in the past, you will most likely have to deal with them.

aiv81

Aug 21, 2018
Hi guys! I have a question: I am Sept 5th 2017 applicant (SA, AIP received on 20th of Sept 2018), never got DM letter nor my CIC ever updated since SA and AIP - it shows DM on ecas for both Sponsor and applicant since 20th of Jul) - we got email from Immigration Ottawa yesterday that our interview is scheduled on the 4th of Sept - is that landing interview with wording : “I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for etc.” - for those who attended interview, is that standard that they ask for proof of cohabitation? Will they need only 1 document as a proof or we need to bring a few ? What is best proof to show? Just worried a bit if this is a different type of interview and that a lot of later that Sept 5th applicants already got their landing interviews..

Reactions: Layna

Layna

Jul 28, 2018
Hi guys! I have a question: I am Sept 5th 2017 applicant (SA, AIP received on 20th of Sept 2018), never got DM letter nor my CIC ever updated since SA and AIP - it shows DM on ecas for both Sponsor and applicant since 20th of Jul) - we got email from Immigration Ottawa yesterday that our interview is scheduled on the 4th of Sept - is that landing interview with wording : “I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for etc.” - for those who attended interview, is that standard that they ask for proof of cohabitation? Will they need only 1 document as a proof or we need to bring a few ? What is best proof to show? Just worried a bit if this is a different type of interview and that a lot of later that Sept 5th applicants already got their landing interviews..
You mean you received AIP SA on july 20 not september 20 !!! And yes this is the Landing interview . In the letter that they sent you will find what they request from you it is very clear for some they need specefic documents for others no like me my landing interview is on august 24 and they just asked me to bring my passeport 2 pictures the fees of PR . so just take a look at your landing interview letter.

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
We are in the same boat, but only SA side shows DM, PA still in process.
My SA side shows DM on August 9, and it shows We sent you correspondence on August 13, 2018 about the decision on your application.

I called CIC this morning and the agent told me that he cannot tell me unless was SA to call him.

I have no idea what to do since my husband works everyday and he cannot call them in their time.

I am feeling frustrated right now
that also happened to me it says DM ins ponsor side and they sent letter but i didnt get any letter even in mail or in email .but i ask my partner to check it in her email and in cic so it happen they sent the email to her in her cic account. try to check it.

Hanh my

Jul 31, 2018
guys. my ecas says Decision Made on both side. how long will it take to get a landing interview?
Congratulations, may I ask you a question? Did you get an email from IRCC for Decision made ? Because I got AIP but I’m waiting for Decision made . Thank you

chhm1215

Feb 5, 2018
Congratulations, may I ask you a question? Did you get an email from IRCC for Decision made ? Because I got AIP but I’m waiting for Decision made . Thank you
No, I think I only got Pre- landing service letter. but Im in Canada already so its useless..

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
guys. my ecas says Decision Made on both side. how long will it take to get a landing interview?
Congratulations! Depending on your location, the landing appointment typically comes between 1-6 weeks after DM.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
The DM letter.... I don't know why, but that letter sometimes is never sent, sometimes it comes fast after seeing DM, sometimes it comes with few weeks delay. Don't worry about that letter. If you see DM on both sides on ECAS, you're done and you're waiting for the landing invitation letter.

Reactions: Hanh my

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
for those who attended interview, is that standard that they ask for proof of cohabitation? Will they need only 1 document as a proof or we need to bring a few ? What is best proof to show?
Standard, no. But it happens and don't worry about that. If they would have real doubts about your cohabitation, you would not already have DM.
Possible proofs:
- lease or mortgage showing both names
- driving licence showing the same address
- governmental letters showing the same address (like notice of assessment from Canada revenue agency, letters from your province health insurance program,...)
- utility bills (electricity, internet, phone,...) showing the same address

One or many proofs? I'm always feeling better being on the safe side, so I would say bring many of them, but one (if they even look at it) should be enough.

Reactions: aiv81

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
After acquiring the GSCM notes, what should someone do? Keep waiting? Send documents? Call IRCC?
It depends what do you see in the notes. If you see a mistake, you have to contact IRCC to have it corrected. If there is nothing wrong, well... yes waiting seems to be the only thing to do.

As you passed the 12 months mark, you could try to implicate your MP. The MP cannot do anything to speed up the process if the security checks are what is holding you up, but maybe he/she could help in getting SA and AIP. With AIP in hands, you could apply to restore your status and OWP which would put an end to your dealing with CBSA.

Reactions: david_gat88

tunafish

Apr 6, 2016
Hi everyone! I'm sponsoring my common-law partner, and yesterday we received Sponsorship Approval, and today both of our ECAS says "Decision Made". Are we supposed to receive AIP? What does it look like? Does this generally mean good news? Appreciate your help!