+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

aiv81

Aug 21, 2018
You mean you received AIP SA on july 20 not september 20 !!! And yes this is the Landing interview . In the letter that they sent you will find what they request from you it is very clear for some they need specefic documents for others no like me my landing interview is on august 24 and they just asked me to bring my passeport 2 pictures the fees of PR . so just take a look at your landing interview letter.
Thanks so much for the reply! Yes, my AIP SA was 20 Jul 2018 - sorry for the mistake - in my case, it took exactly one month to get landing interview (as they called it in the email - Call In Notice) with interview scheduled in 2 weeks now. Good luck to everyone!

aiv81

Aug 21, 2018
Standard, no. But it happens and don't worry about that. If they would have real doubts about your cohabitation, you would not already have DM.
Possible proofs:
- lease or mortgage showing both names
- driving licence showing the same address
- governmental letters showing the same address (like notice of assessment from Canada revenue agency, letters from your province health insurance program,...)
- utility bills (electricity, internet, phone,...) showing the same address

One or many proofs? I'm always feeling better being on the safe side, so I would say bring many of them, but one (if they even look at it) should be enough.
Great! Thank you - very helpful ! W

Reactions: sylvain1

metqc

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone! I'm sponsoring my common-law partner, and yesterday we received Sponsorship Approval, and today both of our ECAS says "Decision Made". Are we supposed to receive AIP? What does it look like? Does this generally mean good news? Appreciate your help!
Congrats! How does your sponsor approval message start? It may be AIP. Either way, you should be almost done and getting a landing interview letter within the next few weeks! The order of messages and everything changes for everyone.

Just out of curiosity, on your ECAS on the Principal Applicant/"Permanent Residence" side, what date does it say on "We starting processing [PA's] application on ______ "?

Reactions: Hanh my

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi everyone! I'm sponsoring my common-law partner, and yesterday we received Sponsorship Approval, and today both of our ECAS says "Decision Made". Are we supposed to receive AIP? What does it look like? Does this generally mean good news? Appreciate your help!
Yes, normally you will get AIP within 24 hours on your cic account.
AIP will be worded like that:
Dear XXX XXX (PA name):
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met....

100% sure that it's good news. You're done. The main letter you are now waiting for is the landing invitation letter. You might get a DM letter also, but that one is not always sent.

tunafish

Apr 6, 2016
Congrats! How does your sponsor approval message start? It may be AIP. Either way, you should be almost done and getting a landing interview letter within the next few weeks! The order of messages and everything changes for everyone.

Just out of curiosity, on your ECAS on the Principal Applicant/"Permanent Residence" side, what date does it say on "We starting processing [PA's] application on ______ "?
Hi! The message starts like this:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of NAME and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.

The date on ECAS is August 21.

Thanks a lot!

tunafish

Apr 6, 2016
Yes, normally you will get AIP within 24 hours on your cic account.
AIP will be worded like that:
Dear XXX XXX (PA name):
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met....

100% sure that it's good news. You're done. The main letter you are now waiting for is the landing invitation letter. You might get a DM letter also, but that one is not always sent.
Thank you so much!
There is a message in my partner's cic called "Eligibility Passed", but there's some kind of glitch and the message is not opening so we can't read it. Could it be AIP?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi! The message starts like this:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of NAME and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.

The date on ECAS is August 21.

Thanks a lot!
This is your SA

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you so much!
There is a message in my partner's cic called "Eligibility Passed", but there's some kind of glitch and the message is not opening so we can't read it. Could it be AIP?
yes very likely.

vitoka

Aug 7, 2018
Vancouver
I corrected my timeline :)

October 19, 2017 Application sent
October 23, 2017 Application received
December 14, 2017 AOR (the Acknowledgement of Receipt of your eAPR)
December 27, 2017 Requested Schedule A/ Background check
December 18, 2017 Submitted Schedule A/ Background check
May 5, 2018 Medical Exam Passed
May 11, 2018 Police certificate request from another country I lived in
July 16, 2018 Police certificate submitted
August 17,2018 AIP or Eligibility Passed (Principal applicant)
August 17,2018 Decision made on sponsor side and it say (We sent you correspondence)
August 17, 2018 Started processing Permanent Residence (Principal applicant)

To be continued...

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017

August 17,2018 Decision made on sponsor side and it say (We sent you correspondence)

To be continued...
do you have DM on PA side as well?

vitoka

Aug 7, 2018
Vancouver
It depends what do you see in the notes. If you see a mistake, you have to contact IRCC to have it corrected. If there is nothing wrong, well... yes waiting seems to be the only thing to do.

As you passed the 12 months mark, you could try to implicate your MP. The MP cannot do anything to speed up the process if the security checks are what is holding you up, but maybe he/she could help in getting SA and AIP. With AIP in hands, you could apply to restore your status and OWP which would put an end to your dealing with CBSA.
Thank you syIvain1 for the info.So if someone gets the AIP they can stop reporting with CBSA? How is done? they just show CBSA that they got AIP?

LydiaQin1020

Mar 20, 2018

To be continued...
Hey, Do you know where I can find the time of processing PA?

thank you

LydiaQin1020

Mar 20, 2018
that also happened to me it says DM ins ponsor side and they sent letter but i didnt get any letter even in mail or in email .but i ask my partner to check it in her email and in cic so it happen they sent the email to her in her cic account. try to check it.
I have checked that we received SA letter on August 10, no idea what correspondence was on 13th. :(

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you syIvain1 for the info.So if someone gets the AIP they can stop reporting with CBSA? How is done? they just show CBSA that they got AIP?
I don't know exactly how it works, but I know that those that were out of status when they applied for the PR, they become eligible to apply for an OWP after AIP. I heard they first have to apply for restoration of status (but I cannot confirm it is needed).

So, for sure, if you have an OWP, you then have a legal status in Canada and CBSA should stop tracking you. I don't know how people report themselves to CBSA, is it just over phone or do they have to meet in person a CBSA officer? In any case, I would find a way to show CBSA the AIP letter. If the AIP isn't enough, the owp would be.