+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
You are the PA or the sponsor? Normally, the PA doesn't need to prove he/she works, that's for the sponsor. There is no minimal income, but the sponsor should not be on welfare. So a recent pay stub from the sponsor should do it.
So only the sponsor (but not the PA) need to provide proof of employment? Do you know where I can find more info about this?
My sponsor will start working on Sep 4 so he only has the contract. Is that ok?

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
FYI My wife is Oct 20 2017 applicant, I received sponsor approval today.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
So only the sponsor (but not the PA) need to provide proof of employment? Do you know where I can find more info about this?
My sponsor will start working on Sep 4 so he only has the contract. Is that ok?
That should be fine. If he had any income last year, he could also bring the last notice of assessment from Canada revenue agency. Don't be surprised if they don't even look at it. I saw before people who were asked to bring these proofs, but the agent did not even look at them at the landing interview. It's definitely better to be on the safe side and bring whatever you can to prove he has income.

Just read here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/eligibility.html

Who can become a sponsor
You can become a sponsor if you are:

• at least 18 years old
  • a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Actor a permanent resident living in Canada:
    • If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative(s) become(s) a permanent resident.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability, and;
  • can provide for the basic needs of any person you are sponsoring (and in some limited situations, that you meet the low-income cut-off).
Note: There is no low income cut-off (LICO) for spouse, partner or dependent child sponsorships, unless a dependent child also has one or more dependent children of their own. If a dependent child you are sponsoring has one or more dependent children of their own, you must include a Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283) form with your application (see your checklist for more details).

Read more about eligibility requirements in the Complete Guide.

Who can’t become a sponsor
You can’t be a sponsor if you:

• have failed to pay:
    • an immigration loan
    • a performance bond
    • family support payments
  • have failed to provide for the basic needs of a previously-sponsored relative who received social assistance
  • are under a removal order
  • are in a penitentiary, jail, reformatory or prison
  • receive social assistance for a reason other than a disability
  • are still going through the process of bankruptcy (undischarged bankruptcy)
  • were sponsored by a spouse or partner and you became a permanent resident less than five years ago
  • sponsored a previous spouse or partner and three years have not passed since this person became a permanent resident
  • have already applied to sponsor your current spouse, partner or child and a decision on your application hasn’t been made yet
  • were convicted of a violent or sexual offence, or an offence that caused bodily harm to a relative—or you attempted or threatened to commit any of these offences

pete-x

Aug 21, 2018
Since posting one's timeline is popular here, this is the one for my wife's Spousal PR application, done Inland. -- We applied for her 12 Sept 2017 and have the landing interview 24 Aug 2018. That's within the IRCC's 12 month plan, but just by about 3 weeks. Seems reasonably typical.

Marriage 10 June 2017
Marriage certificate applied for online a month later (Ontario)
Marriage certificate arrived 16 Aug (11.5 weeks after marriage)

Finished up all PR application work in the following few weeks, then:

PR Spousal application couriered out 12 Sept 2017
Acknowledgement of Receipt 22 Nov (about 11 weeks later)
Request for Sched A and Police forms 1 Dec
Submitted 13 Dec
Request for Medical 10 Apr 2018
Medical took place 16 April
Medical confirmed received by IRCC 27 Apr

Applied separately for an Open Work Permit:
Application for OWP couriered out 7 Feb 2018
OWP approved 7 May (letter from CIC but not actual doc) (exactly 3 months later)

Approval in Principle 16 Aug
Landing Interview notice 17 Aug (1 day later)
Landing Interview scheduled 24 Aug (1 week from the notice)

Yay!

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Since posting one's timeline is popular here, this is the one for my wife's Spousal PR application, done Inland. -- We applied for her 12 Sept 2017 and have the landing interview 24 Aug 2018. That's within the IRCC's 12 month plan, but just by about 3 weeks. Seems reasonably typical.

Marriage 10 June 2017

Submitted 13 Dec

OWP approved 7 May (letter from CIC but not actual doc) (exactly 3 months later)

Yay!
what landing office are you?

lxy305859844

May 16, 2018

Marriage 10 June 2017

Submitted 13 Dec

Yay!
May I ask when CIC received your applications? Sep 12 2017?

pete-x

Aug 21, 2018
Replying to a couple inquiries about my personal list of dates (post 11711) where I started:

Since posting one's timeline is popular here, this is the one for my wife's Spousal PR application, done Inland. -- We applied for her 12 Sept 2017 and have the landing interview 24 Aug 2018. That's within the IRCC's 12 month plan, but just by about 3 weeks.
- The package was sent overnight delivery so IRCC Mississauga had it 13th Sept 2017.
- However the AIP came from "Innovation Hub Vancouver - FCPU"
and the interview is in Etobicoke.