Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi All,
Quick qn
My application was revived in April 2017 but they started to “process it in April 2018 and am still waiting
- they are still conducting my eligibility (for months)
-Medical passed
- No interview needed
- No biometrics needed

Is that normal??
It's longer than "normal", but it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Some other people are also waiting for as long as you. I'm quite sure the security checks of the PA are what is holding up the application. My guess is that either the PA travelled in several countries or is coming from a country with limited relations to Canada. Unless you receive a "procedural fairness letter", you should not worry. It's just a matter of time and hopefully for you, this time will come very soon.

Reactions: blxfrost

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Finally at the end of the process :) This forum is extremely helpful and I’m grateful. Thank you ;)

Inland Spousal Sponsorship
PR & OWP Application Received
August 8, 2017
AOR September 22, 2017
Schedule A Background Sent September 22, 2017
OWP application returned for missing fee October 13, 2017
OWP application Received October 17, 2017
OWP Transferred to Edmonton Feb. 8, 2017
Sponsorship Approval June 28, 2018
Request Additional Documents
June 29,2018
Sent Additional Documents
July 24, 2018
OWP Approval August 16, 2018 AIP August 16, 2018
DM August 17, 2018
Congratulations!

For my curiosity.... did the PA become out of status because the OWP application was returned? Or maybe the PA was already out of status when submitting the PR + OWP application. Because I see that they waited until AIP to approve the OWP, which usually occurs only when the PA is out of status.

CanadaFuture93

Jul 23, 2017
Lloydminster
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
Me too,
I got AIP at August 9, and never got SA, but show DM ON SA side at the same day, PA SIDE still in process.
Yesterday I check my on website, it shows that “We sent you correspondence on August 13, 2018 about the decision on your application”
But we never got any email.........

I am pretty nevious right now.....
Maybe if you try to contact them like I did they can tell you what that correspondence was on August 13. Maybe they really sent something or maybe it is just a mistake like me.

Shannonbella

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
Congratulations!

For my curiosity.... did the PA become out of status because the OWP application was returned? Or maybe the PA was already out of status when submitting the PR + OWP application. Because I see that they waited until AIP to approve the OWP, which usually occurs only when the PA is out of status.
Thank you @sylvain1. I’m the PA and I was still in status when they received my OWP application the second time. It was very frustrating because I kept thinking I was going to be approved. I got a letter Feb 2, 2018 stating “OWP was being transferred to CIC Edmonton for processing and they would be contacting me with further instructions in due course.” I was told Edmonton’s processing time is 5 months and I would know by July. I called CIC in July and sent a case specific enquiry July 9th. I didnt hear back until the day before my AIP and it said
“They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.” The only thing I can think of is I had a DUI 20 years ago and maybe I had to be “deemed rehiblitated”. If that’s the case, I completely understand :) It’s something I’m not proud of and I would never do again.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thank you @sylvain1. I’m the PA and I was still in status when they received my OWP application the second time. It was very frustrating because I kept thinking I was going to be approved. I got a letter Feb 2, 2018 stating “OWP was being transferred to CIC Edmonton for processing and they would be contacting me with further instructions in due course.” I was told Edmonton’s processing time is 5 months and I would know by July. I called CIC in July and sent a case specific enquiry July 9th. I didnt hear back until the day before my AIP and it said
“They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.” The only thing I can think of is I had a DUI 20 years ago and maybe I had to be “deemed rehiblitated”. If that’s the case, I completely understand :) It’s something I’m not proud of and I would never do again.
At that point, it would have been better that they wouldn't process your OWP and refund you! Because at landing, your OWP will become void anyway. Maybe it has a link with what you describe, I really don't know. Anyways, you'll officially become a PR very soon and all this long process will be behind you.

Reactions: Shannonbella

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi @sylvain1 is it normal that correspondance is send thru mail, even though we have just been dealing thru email with IRCC? Thanks.
It might happen, but usually if they have an email, they process via email. If you got anything before via email, it should continue to be sent by email. But, you know, there is sometimes a glitch in their system... but that's nothing to worry about.

In my case, when we reached 16 months (expected timeline for SA and AIP when we applied), I ordered our GCMS notes and found out they did a typo on my email. When I called, they told me they realised the email wasn't valid so my communications were set by regular mail. I sent a case-specific enquiry to correct the typo they made (and I know it's their mistake, because I had kept a copy of everything I sent them). Few months later, I got my SA via email.

Reactions: david_gat88

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
It might happen, but usually if they have an email, they process via email. If you got anything before via email, it should continue to be sent by email. But, you know, there is sometimes a glitch in their system... but that's nothing to worry about.

In my case, when we reached 16 months (expected timeline for SA and AIP when we applied), I ordered our GCMS notes and found out they did a typo on my email. When I called, they told me they realised the email wasn't valid so my communications were set by regular mail. I sent a case-specific enquiry to correct the typo they made (and I know it's their mistake, because I had kept a copy of everything I sent them). Few months later, I got my SA via email.
I see. Thanks for replying @sylvain1

Reactions: sylvain1

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hey congratulations! I know the feeling you have right now! We all tend to over stress with the process, but it ends very well for all! It's always just a matter of time. But we feel so relieved once it's officially done!
The process took 12 months and 15 days, with the delay from my part-- had to get my police clearance from the Philipines. It felt soooooo long, too long, but when it came out, looking back, it was not too bad-- the waiting just sucked bad.

Thanks again. :)

Reactions: Trinh and sylvain1