+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Just got AIP. Woohooo!!!

On my GCKey account, the status has changed to "we are reviewing your eligibility". No change on the ECAS for neither sponsor nor me. Still says in process.
The AIP came from Vancouver.
Congratulations your timeline is very similar to mine you seem to be one of the lucky ones now I'm very happy for you

KAUR.GOSAL

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
hi,

please help me.........our application received on 21 nov,2017 and medical done on 2 june, we never send any PCC with the application and they never ask for..... any idea when they will ask for PCC from our home country???

we do not have online account because my consultant send the application.. but we check application status that says... medical received, not saying if passed or not

Last edited:

Canada 321

Aug 7, 2018
October 13 applicant here! I got my PA and AOR letter on August 1st! Yesterday I got the DM letter by mail and I'm still waiting on landing interview letter!

I have a silly question: is there a way of confirming if I already paid for the right of residence fee? When I submitted my application I made a whole payment for a couple fees, I have the receipt but it just shows the total amount I paid for without specifying which items were included. As I said, I'm pretty sure I included that fee in it but I just want to be 100% sure since in the letters I've gotten it always specifies that the payment is required and if I haven't done it yet I must do it soon.
Can you please provide the time line and the office? Mississuaga?

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Hey all,

So our situation has changed, resulting in us possibly having to move back to Australia permanently. If so, we wouldn’t be moving back until November/December. My question is, if we withdraw our application (which has been processing since Sep 2017), will my husband still be able to work in the time between now and when we need to leave Canada? Or will withdrawing the PR application result in his work permit being void also?

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Hey all,

So our situation has changed, resulting in us possibly having to move back to Australia permanently. If so, we wouldn’t be moving back until November/December. My question is, if we withdraw our application (which has been processing since Sep 2017), will my husband still be able to work in the time between now and when we need to leave Canada? Or will withdrawing the PR application result in his work permit being void also?
I am almost certain that your husband will have his PR card by November because many September applicants will be receiving DM this month (as per trends and timelines of 2017 applicants) and depending on your location, your landing interview could be before end of this month. If you can wait a little longer until mid next month to withdraw it. Hope you get DM soon. Goodluck!

Reactions: HomeAgain17

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
I am almost certain that your husband will have his PR card by November because many September applicants will be receiving DM this month (as per trends and timelines of 2017 applicants) and depending on your location, your landing interview could be before end of this month. If you can wait a little longer until mid next month to withdraw it. Hope you get DM soon. Goodluck!
Thanks so much for your reply! The only problem is we have not submitted our medicals as of yet... there’s too much to explain for that but basically we are doing them this Saturday and submitting them ASAP. Will the end result be delayed because of this?

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Another question regarding my post... since we’ll most likely be moving back to Australia indefinitely (with hopes of coming back to Canada when the time is right) will my husband and children’s PR status remain valid, as long as they are living with me - a Canadian citizen by descent (born in Aus, my dad is Canadian). I’ve read that if a PR is living with a Canadian citizen outside of Canada then the days spent living together count as days “in Canada”... which could hopefully maintain their PR status?

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Wow you are close any ready to give up, what happen in a few years and you want to return to Canada. Much easiest for your husband to return with PR card

KAUR.GOSAL

Star Member
Apr 4, 2017
please help me.........our application received on 21 nov,2017 and medical done on 2 june, we never send any PCC with the application and they never ask for..... any idea when they will ask for PCC from our home country???

we do not have online account because my consultant send the application.. but we check application status that says... medical received, not saying if passed or not

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017

Call a agent and speak with them

Reactions: KAUR.GOSAL

Kami123

Jul 13, 2018
Congratsss!!! I have same date as you hope I get something soon!!... yeeaahh
Thank you Cldinha. Watching September and October getting AIPs got me excited too. Lets hope for the best for all, especially for those that have already crossed the 1 year mark and are undoubtedly under stress.

Reactions: Danish1371