+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

CHRoNiCWiLL

Apr 4, 2018
AOR - March 7th, 2017 and still haven't received AIP.
Anyways, my wife's open work permit about to expire and we want to apply for an extension of the OWP.
Read somewhere on CIC website that applying for OWP can only be done by mail using a paper application and not online IF the PR application has not been approved in principle yet.
Not sure if this applies to OWP extensions though.

Anyone have experience with this?

Hanh my

Jul 31, 2018
My application on August 9 , 2017
But still in process, nothing new in updates. Does anybody have a same things ??? Should I call them to ask ?
Thank you all

Reactions: Fowl

Hanh my

Jul 31, 2018
I would call them after it gets to one year. have they requested any additional information?
The last requested was on March 29 for fingerprints print . I don’t have any requests after that since 4 months . I’m so frustrating . I would call them when it gets a years . Thank you

Layna

Jul 28, 2018
I would call them after it gets to one year. have they requested any additional information?
We have almost the same time line .you are 14 september and i am 13 september . Are they processing your backround check in your GCkey.mine says : we are processing your backround check .
Did they start your review of eligibility?

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
My application on August 9 , 2017
But still in process, nothing new in updates. Does anybody have a same things ??? Should I call them to ask ?
Thank you all
My inland application was August 4 2017 and July 7 got a letter that my file is send to a local office near me for further assessment and to date no more movementso so idk

Reactions: Hanh my

Fowl

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
July 25th. Haven't received AIP either.
So I was told that all application from last year would definitely be 12 month I'm now 4 days shy of that time, and I see u have now passed that also.I guess we can only wait, the ball is in their court.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
My inland application was August 4 2017 and July 7 got a letter that my file is send to a local office near me for further assessment and to date no more movementso so idk
Mine was send from Mississauga to Vancouver and now to Edmonton where I live. I called them, that's how I found out. Where's your office?

Reactions: Fowl