+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I took that form to a local gazette officer(lawyer) and swore in front of him. Basically he will sign it and put his seal/stamp on it.

so it needs to be in front of a lawyer or can it be someone else?

Just a little worried about it, so any help would be appreciated

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
okay so we just got another email... they want proof we lived together and letters from relatives. they also want a
letter explaining how my partner will look after me while he is at uni.

we sent all of that in when we first applied and sent our application...
I'm getting super worried now.
should i just get the same letters and send them again

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
If you sent them with your application package then you need to send newer and better ones! More letters from people you know and more pictures and with descriptions

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
If you sent them with your application package then you need to send newer and better ones! More letters from people you know and more pictures and with descriptions

Well they asked for letters from parents and then the letter from my partner.
Should I send the previous ones as well as new ones?

They didn't ask for any photos. just letters

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Well they asked for letters from family and then the letter from my partner.
Should I send the previous ones as well as new ones?

They didn't ask for any photos. just letters
I don't know if it helps but my husband wrote a letter talking about us and our relationship(at the time we just thought it was a way of providing more information about our relationship.). We also sent copies of letters/cards from family members, like christmas, birthdays, wedding.

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
The more the better!

And regarding your partner who I assume is sponsoring you, you need to send a letter of explanation as to how he is going to sponsor you! And if you are working and supporting yourself, you need to tabulate a financial summary as to how much you earn and send them a notice of assessment from CRA to support your claim

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
I don't know if it helps but my husband wrote a letter talking about us and our relationship(at the time we just thought it was a way of providing more information about our relationship.). We also sent copies of letters/cards from family members, like christmas, birthdays, wedding.

we sent things like that in when we first applied. we didn't expect to get a email like this..
we sent texr messages, skype logs, flights from visiting one another, letter from my parents and my partners,
a letter from my partner, letters from family and cards etc.

The email just says they want:

further details on how you will financially support your partner while at uni
provide letters from parents with regards to how they are supporting you and your partner

im assuming it is because my partner is at uni he recieved this email. we had his mum write
a letter saying she helps support us financially as we live with her while my partner is finishing university.

it seems they mostly want more details on how my partner/his parents will financially support us.
how much detail should we be going into for this?
we have a joint bank account and my partner sent in a letter explaining when we first applied. his mum
also wrote a letter with the same thing, explaining that we live with her etc

right now he is at uni so recieves osap as well as money that the two of us have saved between us.
i have a freelancer job where i edit/proof read for a company so it isn't the biggest income. we do have funds saved between us as well as the help from his mum though

KT214

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi everyone!! I just saw on the Facebook group. Sb in Oct 12 already has the AIP. But my CIC havent changed to start checking eligibility yet.

Is there anybody go straight to DM without showing checking eligibility?
wow , so fast , do you know when did he/she get the medical request?

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
we sent things like that in when we first applied. we didn't expect to get a email like this..
we sent texr messages, skype logs, flights from visiting one another, letter from my parents and my partners,
a letter from my partner, letters from family and cards etc.

The email just says they want:

further details on how you will financially support your partner while at uni
provide letters from parents with regards to how they are supporting you and your partner

im assuming it is because my partner is at uni he recieved this email. we had his mum write
a letter saying she helps support us financially as we live with her while my partner is finishing university.

it seems they mostly want more details on how my partner/his parents will financially support us.
how much detail should we be going into for this?
we have a joint bank account and my partner sent in a letter explaining when we first applied. his mum
also wrote a letter with the same thing, explaining that we live with her etc

right now he is at uni so recieves osap as well as money that the two of us have saved between us.
i have a freelancer job where i edit/proof read for a company so it isn't the biggest income. we do have funds saved between us as well as the help from his mum though
Yeah. I think that's the case too. Maybe if you get family to explain in more details how do they support you two and if both of you also write a letter together giving details of how you are supporting each other and how you will keep doing so, I don't Know. Maybe they're asking for more proof because the sponsor is responsible for the PA for 3 years starting with the PR status.
I'm sorry I can't help more more.
The best of luck for you guys.

krimsuun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Yeah. I think that's the case too. Maybe if you get family to explain in more details how do they support you two and if both of you also write a letter together giving details of how you are supporting each other and how you will keep doing so, I don't Know. Maybe they're asking for more proof because the sponsor is responsible for the PA for 3 years starting with the PR status.
I'm sorry I can't help more more.
The best of luck for you guys.

Yeah, that what I thought. It's just a little frustrating because the letter my partner sent them with
our application had all of that information in. His mum also wrote a letter showing
financial support but I guess they either didn't read them or want even more
We are adding even more detail as suggested and some
other things that we are hoping will help.

Not sure what else to do. Fingers crossed this doesn't affect our application in anyway.

Reactions: btis