+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
The landing letter will come directly from Montreal office giving you a time and date for your landing appointment and giving you details of what to bring for the interview. I was away from the forum for a while, so things might have slightly changed, but this how it used to be.
I think now they give you the range of dates and we just come during the given dates. That's what Ive been reading so far. :)

I'm waiting for the last one letter interview thing too. The immigration told me the longest wait would be up to 8 weeks for Montreal office.

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
September 1st applicant

I believe my partner and I just received AIP and SA. The (Eligibility Passed) message/email. I have an appointment for RCMP fingerprints tomorrow.. Hopefully not long now!
September 1st Applicant here too! No update yet lol! C’mon IRCC step up your game‍♂

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
WOWWWW!!! Thats amazing.. What a happy week!!
Congrats congrats congrats.
We are shocked at the speed of it all, honestly we had prepared ourselves to be one of the ones that drag on past 12 months, so feels like winning the lottery to be done in 11 months! And with her being out of status it’s also a massive relief!

Reactions: btis

btis

Star Member
May 24, 2018
We are shocked at the speed of it all, honestly we had prepared ourselves to be one of the ones that drag on past 12 months, so feels like winning the lottery to be done in 11 months! And with her being out of status it’s also a massive relief!
Same here! I was out of status too, so we're psychologically ready to wait more than 12 months but also anxiously ready to be done within or less than 12 months. lol
That honestly fills my heart with hope and makes me very positive. Thanks for sharing :)

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Same here! I was out of status too, so we're psychologically ready to wait more than 12 months but also anxiously ready to be done within or less than 12 months. lol
That honestly fills my heart with hope and makes me very positive. Thanks for sharing :)
I don't think the lack of status itself holds anything up if it's a straight forward case, well clearly not! And I have seen other out of status people earlier this year land in around 11 months here. We have been married a few years now and she has only lived in her home country and here so BGC would of been quick. It was only our own stupidness and a bit of bad luck that got us into a mess, like really she should of been a PR 2-3 years ago, but happy we're about to close the book on that chapter...onwards and upwards!

Reactions: AshaMc

Bears

Nov 28, 2017
I haven't received any information for the landing date yet. My landing letter just said that:
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Montreal Immigration will contact you
to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

So I'm still waiting again...
Just read the rest of the posts and it looks like you got the DM letter. For me the Interview letter came from a different email address that is called "WST-Landing-Enquiries" and the title was "Communication from CIC-Vancouver- Immigration Appointment". It had an interview date and time at the very beginning as well as the address and things to bring with me.

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Wow I’m shocked, the wife has got her landing email appointment for July 26th!! So we have gone from no updates yesterday morning to AIP to DM to landing email in little over 24 hours, wowzers!!
Congratulations!! I knoww your feeling! when all the good news came one after the other I felt so relieved! 11 months of anxiety and a week of intense feelings hahaha Congrats again!!

Reactions: Oldmacwright

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Congratulations!! I knoww your feeling! when all the good news came one after the other I felt so relieved! 11 months of anxiety and a week of intense feelings hahaha Congrats again!!
Yours looks really quick from AIP to landing 5 days later! We never got any SA or DM letters yet, the system can't keep up lol.

Reactions: gabrielasqs