+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Bhadz_ironside

Aug 27, 2016
May I ask why CIC ask for proof of co-habitation? What kind of proof did they request?
So they would know if you and your sponsor is currently living together. In my opinion this is important proof of having a genuine relationship. Any documents that will prove that you live in the same address. Utility bills, drivers licenses, Joint bank accounts, insurances, even package deliveries.

Hope this helps.

Teamako

Jul 16, 2018
Hi guys, i just want to share and ask something about our application. I applied to sponsor my husband last year september. They already issued open work permit for 2 years, however we haven’t heard any update regarding he’s pr application and sponsor approval. timeline are as follows:
Received application: september 5 2017
AOR: october 31
Started application: october 30
Request schedule A: november 24
Sent scheduule A thru online account: nov. 26
Police certificate already included on the sent application
Medical request: april 9,2018
Medical done: may 3,2018
Online account says he passed the medical
It is 10months already and we don’t have any updates, is it normal? In my ecas, as a sponsor, it says application received. Any idea on when i will receive approval to sponsor?

Reactions: Julia2018

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi guys, i just want to share and ask something about our application. I applied to sponsor my husband last year september. They already issued open work permit for 2 years, however we haven’t heard any update regarding he’s pr application and sponsor approval. timeline are as follows:
Received application: september 5 2017
AOR: october 31
Started application: october 30
Request schedule A: november 24
Sent scheduule A thru online account: nov. 26
Police certificate already included on the sent application
Medical request: april 9,2018
Medical done: may 3,2018
Online account says he passed the medical
It is 10months already and we don’t have any updates, is it normal? In my ecas, as a sponsor, it says application received. Any idea on when i will receive approval to sponsor?
Same here 20 september applicant I did not hear from them since medical passed. Just relax we may hear something in August. The sponsor approval will Come at almost the end 11 months . U can See my time line in my signature.
Did they start ur backround check ?

Reactions: Teamako

Teamako

Jul 16, 2018
Same here 20 september applicant I did not hear from them since medical passed. Just relax we may hear something in August. The sponsor approval will Come at almost the end 11 months . U can See my time line in my signature.
Did they start ur backround check ?

Yes, it says in online account they are processing his background check.

Reactions: Julia2018

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
Anybody here that have been out of status for a few years and are applying for inland spousal sponsorship that would like to share timeline, experiences through the process?

Reactions: H4nfitzgerald

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
Anybody here that have been out of status for a few years and are applying for inland spousal sponsorship that would like to share timeline, experiences through the process?
My wife out of status near 3 years now, we applied late last August, just got AIP today. Can apply for owp now though expecting the app to finalize fast now so no point paying the extra dollars now.

From what I have seen from other out of status apps it doesnt slow anything down, people still landing around 11 to 13 months.

david_gat88

Jul 4, 2018
My wife out of status near 3 years now, we applied late last August, just got AIP today. Can apply for owp now though expecting the app to finalize fast now so no point paying the extra dollars now.

From what I have seen from other out of status apps it doesnt slow anything down, people still landing around 11 to 13 months.
That sounds good. Did you guys have tp provide extra documents during the process? Do you know if she'd have to leave the country when she gets the decision? I am the one without status, I also had to go to CBSA for an interview.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
That sounds good. Did you guys have tp provide extra documents during the process? Do you know if she'd have to leave the country when she gets the decision? I am the one without status, I also had to go to CBSA for an interview.
No we haven’t been asked for any extra documents thus far anyway, not been asked for RCMP fingerprinting either.

So far we haven’t encountered Cbsa thankfully, and now we have AIP we should be safe now I think.

Reactions: david_gat88