+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

ScarletCountess

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
I would go.

There is a person at reception that looks at the letter that you were supposed to receive for Interview time, and he/she will look at a list that has all the names of people who were scheduled for appointments that day and they will cross your name off. If you are scheduled like CIC told you, then your name will definitely be there, and you will just have to show your passport for identity proof
You just made my day and likely saved me from a panic attack and some gray hairs. Thank you, that makes perfect sense. Now for the Etobicoke office, is it ground floor or first floor as the lady told me?

Okpalugo2017

Jul 2, 2017
Victoria, BC, Canada
App. Filed.......
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
10-10-2017

npartha7

Jun 25, 2018
You just made my day and likely saved me from a panic attack and some gray hairs. Thank you, that makes perfect sense. Now for the Etobicoke office, is it ground floor or first floor as the lady told me?

Its the ground floor. Trust me, you can't miss it. Whatever your appointment time is, I suggest you go WELL ahead. I went 1 hour prior to my scheduled interview time, and I ended up waiting 2.5 hours after the scheduled time on the letter....to be seen.

ScarletCountess

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
Its the ground floor. Trust me, you can't miss it. Whatever your appointment time is, I suggest you go WELL ahead. I went 1 hour prior to my scheduled interview time, and I ended up waiting 2.5 hours after the scheduled time on the letter....to be seen.
Perfect, last question: are there any photo requirements or are they the same requirements as when we first submitted the files?

npartha7

Jun 25, 2018
Just two photos for the PR Card, if thats what the CIC official told you.
Also bring the reciept if you have paid the $490 RPRF when you initially sent the application, along with Temp SIN and passport

If you have children and are not canadians and part of your application then you will have to bring all documents(Passport, Temp SIN) and pictures for them too.

ScarletCountess

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
Also bring the reciept if you have paid the $490 RPRF when you initially sent the application, along with Temp SIN and passport

If you have children and are not canadians and part of your application then you will have to bring all documents(Passport, Temp SIN) and pictures for them too.
I don't have the receipt anymore as I lost all my data from my last computer, I sent it in with my application though.

npartha7

Jun 25, 2018
QUOTE="ScarletCountess, post: 7058292, member: 714599"]I don't have the receipt anymore as I lost all my data from my last computer, I sent it in with my application though.[/QUOTE]

Should be ok, we were not asked for proof of it, but we took it regardless.

ScarletCountess

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017

Actually I found teh receipt for $1040.00 I think that includes the RPRF fees. Thanks for reminding me.

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
I am now officially a permanent resident, finally! I mean, I've always felt Canadian as I was raised here, but it's such a relief not to have to worry about paperwork (study permits, etc) anymore.

My appointment was at 10 (in Etobicoke). I arrived at 9:30, got my ticket and still had to wait about 2h for a 5 minute talk with an officer. My application was pretty straightforward so she only asked me 3 questions:
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime in or outside Canada? - No
- Do you have any dependents (included or not in application)? - No
- When and where did you last enter Canada? (was February for me, after a short trip to the US)
The first 2 questions appear on the COPR document they gave me, and I had to add my initials and sign next to them. I didn't remember the EXACT date I entered Canada in February, but the lady told me it didnt really matter, it was just a field that had to be filled on the form so she put an approximate date. Then she told me her script about PR (basically repeating residency requirements, confirming my address/personal info, asked for my receipt and pictures).
I was going to get my SIN changed (if you guys have your appointment in Etobicoke and have a temporary SIN, you will automatically get a new one at the same location! Just more waiting...) Funny thing is I already had a permanent SIN so they were a bit confused lol, but I didn't have to change it then.

If you have an appointment at the Etobicoke office (but I'm guessing it's the same everywhere) you should go check in as early as possible. It's pretty much first come first serve.

_________
Summary: July 31, 2017 applicant - Received PR July 4, 2018 - total processing time: just over 11 months

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
I am now officially a permanent resident, finally! I mean, I've always felt Canadian as I was raised here, but it's such a relief not to have to worry about paperwork (study permits, etc) anymore.

My appointment was at 10 (in Etobicoke). I arrived at 9:30, got my ticket and still had to wait about 2h for a 5 minute talk with an officer. My application was pretty straightforward so she only asked me 3 questions:
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime in or outside Canada? - No
- Do you have any dependents (included or not in application)? - No
- When and where did you last enter Canada? (was February for me, after a short trip to the US)
The first 2 questions appear on the COPR document they gave me, and I had to add my initials and sign next to them. I didn't remember the EXACT date I entered Canada in February, but the lady told me it didnt really matter, it was just a field that had to be filled on the form so she put an approximate date. Then she told me her script about PR (basically repeating residency requirements, confirming my address/personal info, asked for my receipt and pictures).
I was going to get my SIN changed (if you guys have your appointment in Etobicoke and have a temporary SIN, you will automatically get a new one at the same location! Just more waiting...) Funny thing is I already had a permanent SIN so they were a bit confused lol, but I didn't have to change it then.

If you have an appointment at the Etobicoke office (but I'm guessing it's the same everywhere) you should go check in as early as possible. It's pretty much first come first serve.

_________
Summary: July 31, 2017 applicant - Received PR July 4, 2018 - total processing time: just over 11 months
Congratulations!!

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I don't have the receipt anymore as I lost all my data from my last computer, I sent it in with my application though.
I think the receipts were automatically sent to your email, you should check it out. My husband paid for me and I cannot check his email now to be sure.