+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi all,
Anyone here have travelled outside Canada during the process of inland sponsorship spouse application?
Yes. Me !!! I applyed september 2017 (they received the application 20 september ) processing started 08 november .
I travelled twice ,once in december 2017 and one this april 2018.
I did not have any problems with immigration officers at pearson aeoroport.
they just asked me if I applyed for pr I said yes it is in processe that's it.

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Please how long does it take to get reply if I order GCMS notes?
If I was u I will not apply for it because they say in the website it is 30 days but with a lot of people asking for the GSMS it will take 3 moths !!! When I called IRCC I said I want to apply for GCMS they said it will take 3 moths or 2 to have them so I did not apply for the GCMS coz im september 2017 applicant.

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
Yes. Me !!! I applyed september 2017 (they received the application 20 september ) processing started 08 november .
I travelled twice ,once in december 2017 and one this april 2018.
I did not have any problems with immigration officers at pearson aeoroport.
they just asked me if I applyed for pr I said yes it is in processe that's it.
Thats good to hear! I have received my owp and I called IRCC and they said it’s not recommended to travel during the process. How long did you travel for may I know? Because I would like to travel for 1 month don’t know if thats too long

Reactions: Julia2018

Julia2018

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Me too when they called me they said to me it is not recommemded to travel but I did not listen to them. My lawyer told me at that time I can travel easy and I did. Just make sure ur work permit is valid and that's it.
In december I travelled for 1 week and this april 2 weeks .
1 month I think it is too much !!3 weeks or 2 will be better just in case immigration IRCC need some thing from u and u will not be inland.
WHat is ur time line for ur application ?u did th medical exam?.

SatThak

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
Med's Request
Meds Passed 20-2-16
And today ecas status changed to decision made on both sides, but we did not get any decision made latter. waiting for etobicoke to contact me for landing interview
Same with me.. the status changed to DM although we did not receive any Sponsor Approval letter. Is that normal?

Reactions: Fowl

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
Me too when they called me they said to me it is not recommemded to travel but I did not listen to them. My lawyer told me at that time I can travel easy and I did. Just make sure ur work permit is valid and that's it.
In december I travelled for 1 week and this april 2 weeks .
1 month I think it is too much !!3 weeks or 2 will be better just in case immigration IRCC need some thing from u and u will not be inland.
WHat is ur time line for ur application ?u did th medical exam?.
Im actually 2018 applicant but thought 2017 applicants could answer my question about travelling outside canada

ScarletCountess

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
Hey Guys, August 17th applicant here:

So after receiving the AIP and SA and seeing the Decision Made on my spouse's ECAS on the 22nd of June I called CIC today to see if there are any updates and it turns out that they actually sent me an interview request for next Monday and I had no idea as they sent it to the wrong email address! They said they put in a request to have it resent to me, however it will likely not get to me in time. They also said that it should be fine as I am in the system for an appointment and can show all the other documents I have including a confirmation of correspondence letter from today that has this wording in it:
"Confirmation of PR inside Canada - Required documents
Congratulations on reaching the final step of your immigration application."

They also gave me the Etobicoke address which I would appreciate if someone would confirm for me (message me if you think that is better). Do you guys think that it will be OK? I am slightly worried about my spouse taking a day off only to be turned away or having any other issues because of this.

Thanks for any help!

Reactions: jeet07

ScarletCountess

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
And today ecas status changed to decision made on both sides, but we did not get any decision made latter. waiting for etobicoke to contact me for landing interview
They never contacted me after that and it took me to call them to find out I have an interview this coming Monday! Now I am worried about not having an official invitation letter. :S

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hey Guys, August 17th applicant here:

So after receiving the AIP and SA and seeing the Decision Made on my spouse's ECAS on the 22nd of June I called CIC today to see if there are any updates and it turns out that they actually sent me an interview request for next Monday and I had no idea as they sent it to the wrong email address! They said they put in a request to have it resent to me, however it will likely not get to me in time. They also said that it should be fine as I am in the system for an appointment and can show all the other documents I have including a confirmation of correspondence letter from today that has this wording in it:
"Confirmation of PR inside Canada - Required documents
Congratulations on reaching the final step of your immigration application."

They also gave me the Etobicoke address which I would appreciate if someone would confirm for me (message me if you think that is better). Do you guys think that it will be OK? I am slightly worried about my spouse taking a day off only to be turned away or having any other issues because of this.

Thanks for any help!
after looking pages and pages back.. I found the member here who had the similar issue! here is what he posted:

''I am totally annoyed and upset today. I was advised by CIC agents that my landing is today at 1 PM at Vancouver immigration office ( I was informed of this when I called them to note that I hadn't received any mail with date even after two weeks of waiting). When I turned up there, the fellows at the reception refused entry and denied that an appointment was booked. I had confirmed the landing date with two different agents on two different days and had specifically asked both times if I could go the office without the letter and both agents has said 'yes'. After having waited for 17 months, they have messed up with my landing interview email/date. I have to now wait some more days to get another appointment and if at all they act responsibly, I am likely to finish this process.''