+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

beni1126

Jun 26, 2018
It is still normal. Were still under 12 months and they just started July/August application. I just called yesterday and they said they are still reviewing the application

Rief

Jul 2, 2018
Hi everyone.

I have some few question concerning about my wife application.

• November 20, 2017- Application recieve
• February 28, 2018- Start application
• January 26, 2018- Medical request
• March 13, 2018- Finished Medical exam

We got delay on medical exam for my wife on january thats why her medical was done by March. So today July 1, 2018 we haven’t heard anything from them until since her last medical exam on March. We got several email that said Pre- Arrival service. But my aunt said thats nothing. So now inwas calling them and it said My wife is now on Bcakground check. My question is

•How long does it take for background check?
•How do we know if what category of background check my wife at?
• Do you have any Number that i could call in Manila, Philippines embassy or visa office to follow up?

Any advice from you guys that could help me in this situation?

Thanks Hapoy Canada day.

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
So I really think there are nothing to do with name blacklisted,it's just because we live here for a long time..
I don't know, I've lived here my entire life and they didn't request fingerprints or an RCMP check. I think I have a "common" name but oh well. I got lucky I guess

Hi everyone.

I have some few question concerning about my wife application.

• November 20, 2017- Application recieve
• February 28, 2018- Start application
• January 26, 2018- Medical request
• March 13, 2018- Finished Medical exam

We got delay on medical exam for my wife on january thats why her medical was done by March. So today July 1, 2018 we haven’t heard anything from them until since her last medical exam on March. We got several email that said Pre- Arrival service. But my aunt said thats nothing. So now inwas calling them and it said My wife is now on Bcakground check. My question is

•How long does it take for background check?
•How do we know if what category of background check my wife at?
• Do you have any Number that i could call in Manila, Philippines embassy or visa office to follow up?

Any advice from you guys that could help me in this situation?

Thanks Hapoy Canada day.
- Background check starts after you've submitted Schedule A. Have they requested that yet? For me it started about 2 months after I submitted it, and it still says processing lol (even though I got DM, landing interview and eligibility passed)
- You can probably call and ask for an update, but I'm not sure they will be able to tell you exactly where they're at in the background check process. Schedule A is pretty detailed, I don't know if/how they check every piece of information but they must be working on several things at the same time.

If you've passed the medical exam and the background check is processing, I wouldn't worry about it. Just to clarify, did you submit Schedule A? Police certificate(s)?

Rief

Jul 2, 2018
I don't know, I've lived here my entire life and they didn't request fingerprints or an RCMP check. I think I have a "common" name but oh well. I got lucky I guess

- Background check starts after you've submitted Schedule A. Have they requested that yet? For me it started about 2 months after I submitted it, and it still says processing lol (even though I got DM, landing interview and eligibility passed)
- You can probably call and ask for an update, but I'm not sure they will be able to tell you exactly where they're at in the background check process. Schedule A is pretty detailed, I don't know if/how they check every piece of information but they must be working on several things at the same time.

If you've passed the medical exam and the background check is processing, I wouldn't worry about it. Just to clarify, did you submit Schedule A? Police certificate(s)?

Rief

Jul 2, 2018

She passed her medical exam. She didn’t need interview,finger print, yes we already send the schedule A to them. Police not yet. Thanks.

Jjp123

Jun 19, 2018
They probably are using thise same mesicals. The same thing happened to me and I called IRCC and they said they are uaing my medicals from 2015 study permit application.
This happened to me too, they used my Dec 2016 medical and stated that I had passed the medical back in March, but have now requested another one :( Hopefully they won't do this to you.

ssaeed78

Jul 2, 2018
This happened to me too, they used my Dec 2016 medical and stated that I had passed the medical back in March, but have now requested another one :( Hopefully they won't do this to you.

I m June 10 , 2017 out land applicant , Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife , app is in London Visa Office.

* I got letter from London office on May 22, 2018 for the additional documents to be provided. Process is there in FINAL DECISION state. The response to the letter has been sent and docs uploaded on June 10, 2018.

*On June 28, 2018 an identical letter was sent to me to respond " similar to the previous one" only with the date change.. i am worried... whats that same letter twice?? also we had responded to the letter of May 22, 2018 already.

Kindly let me know I am worried and don't know what to do in this situation, even the second comes with no space to download and doc..i am considering a mistake or an error???

Can anyone know whats happening??

Best Regards,,
Sal, Mississauga. On

XtianM

Oct 5, 2017
A question for folks who got results. In general, when should I expect an application status change on ECAS from Application Received to others? Or it would change to DM directly without middle stage at the end of 12 month period. Thanks in advance!

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
A question for folks who got results. In general, when should I expect an application status change on ECAS from Application Received to others? Or it would change to DM directly without middle stage at the end of 12 month period. Thanks in advance!
I would say don’t expect anything haha a few people here from June/July 2017 applicants claimed that they ecas has never changed to in process,went from application received to DM