+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
guys i have a question.i am an inland spousal applicant.i did my medical in april and still waiting.Do we also have to appear for interviews like the outland applicants or everybody doesnt get called for interviews??
Depends, if they think your relationship isn't genuine.

sany2317

Jul 7, 2015
I finally got my landing interview email today for July 19th! I am glad to hear a lot of good news from this forum and here is my timeline:

Application received: June 29. 2017
Schedule A requested: July 31, 2017
Schedule A & PCC submitted: Aug 3, 2017
Medical requested: March 19, 2018
Fingerprint & additional PCC requested: March 21, 2018
Medical passed : March 26, 2018
RCMP sent fingerprint report: March 26, 2018
DM: June 21, 2018
AIP & SA: June 25, 2018
Landing letter June 28, 2018

My one last question is has anyone got the landing interview in Vancouver office and is able to get SIN right after?
I have seen several different cases where people got rejected while applying their SIN right after their landing interviews as Service Canada told them that they can only apply SIN after receiving PR card. However it depends on the location.

My current work permit is going to expire soon as well as my SIN so I really hope to get a new SIN right after landing interview as I do have a job.
As per Service Canada's information below I assume having an COPR should be enough to get a new SIN, can anyone shed some light?

Permanent residents must submit ONE of the following documents:

• a Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
  • a Confirmation of Permanent Residence issued by CIC, accompanied by either a travel document (for example, a foreign passport) or an alternate photo identification issued by a provincial/territorial authority (for example, a driver's licence). Note: The Confirmation of Permanent Residence is acceptable if used within one year of the date you became a permanent resident. The Permanent Resident card is required after this period
  • a Record of Landing issued by CIC before June 28, 2002
  • a Verification of Landing issued by CIC. This document is only acceptable to amend a SIN record or to obtain confirmation of an existing SIN or
  • a Status Verification or Verification of Status issued by CIC. This document is only acceptable to amend a SIN record or to obtain confirmation of an existing SIN

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
congrats. can u share ur timeline please. i m july 11 apllicant , recived sa on june 7 but no aip yet. when did u receive and aip ?
thank u
App Sent (Canada Post - Lettermail): July 6, 2017
App Received (IRCC Mailroom Text): July 12, 2017
AOR (PA): August 28, 2017 - AOR (Spon): August 29, 2017
Sched A & PCC Request: August 29, 2017 - Uploaded: September 15, 2017
Medical Request: March 19, 2018 - Uploaded: April 9, 2018
AIP: June 1, 2018
Interview letter - June 27, 2018
Interview- June 28, 2018

I had called the cic after receiving the AIP and was told it would take 6

Reactions: gabrielasqs

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
I finally got my landing interview email today for July 19th! I am glad to hear a lot of good news from this forum and here is my timeline:

Application received: June 29. 2017
Schedule A requested: July 31, 2017
Schedule A & PCC submitted: Aug 3, 2017
Medical requested: March 19, 2018
Fingerprint & additional PCC requested: March 21, 2018
Medical passed : March 26, 2018
RCMP sent fingerprint report: March 26, 2018
DM: June 21, 2018
AIP & SA: June 25, 2018
Landing letter June 28, 2018

My one last question is has anyone got the landing interview in Vancouver office and is able to get SIN right after?
I have seen several different cases where people got rejected while applying their SIN right after their landing interviews as Service Canada told them that they can only apply SIN after receiving PR card. However it depends on the location.

My current work permit is going to expire soon as well as my SIN so I really hope to get a new SIN right after landing interview as I do have a job.
As per Service Canada's information below I assume having an COPR should be enough to get a new SIN, can anyone shed some light?

Permanent residents must submit ONE of the following documents:

• a Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
  • a Confirmation of Permanent Residence issued by CIC, accompanied by either a travel document (for example, a foreign passport) or an alternate photo identification issued by a provincial/territorial authority (for example, a driver's licence). Note: The Confirmation of Permanent Residence is acceptable if used within one year of the date you became a permanent resident. The Permanent Resident card is required after this period
  • a Record of Landing issued by CIC before June 28, 2002
  • a Verification of Landing issued by CIC. This document is only acceptable to amend a SIN record or to obtain confirmation of an existing SIN or
  • a Status Verification or Verification of Status issued by CIC. This document is only acceptable to amend a SIN record or to obtain confirmation of an existing SIN
Congratulations!
The letter you get at landing can be used to get your SIN. Service Canada told us you can try right away but they may not be able to see you in the system for a few days so she suggested waiting a week after our landing interview.

samalpe

Jun 22, 2018
This helps alleviate my worries a bit! Thank you :)
I got my decision made email on June 8th, on June 13th, Vancouver office sent me an email with appointment scheduled for July 5th. They are pretty busy. If I were you, I would wait for few more days to see for what day will they schedule the interview

Last edited:

sany2317

Jul 7, 2015
Congratulations!
The letter you get at landing can be used to get your SIN. Service Canada told us you can try right away but they may not be able to see you in the system for a few days so she suggested waiting a week after our landing interview.
Thank you!

Dec 25, 2017
Hey guys! I finally became a permanent resident of Canada today!!!

The landing letter was actually just an email saying that I has to present myself any day until February 2019.

Here is my timeline:

App Received: March 13, 2017
Started processing: March 23, 2017
Request for Schedule A and police: April 4, 2017
Medical sent with the app (approved on October 2017)
CSQ request: March 7,2018
CSQ received: April 13, 2018
Contacted the MP’s office regarding delay: May 28,2018
DM on both sides: June 12, 2018
SA letter: June 26, 2018
Landing Letter: June 28, 2018
Landing: June 29, 2018

The interview was super smooth, the guy who saw us was very friendly and easy going. He only asked if Jon (my partner) wanted to sponsor me still, if we still in a common law relationship, if I had committed any crime or if I was ever asked to leave canada, he also confirmed our address, etc.

I don’t know if you guys have ever done a US visa, but it was kind of the same experience… For some reason I thought we would be in a room or something but it was just us both standing at a quiche. Then after confirming everything he welcomed me to Canada and we were free to go!!

We got there at 12:30 and left at 1pm… From there we went to do my SIN number (because I didn’t have a work permit yet) and we did in less than 30 min as well.

Now is time to celebrate, eat poutine and drink beer!!!

Thanks for all the help and good luck to everyone!!!