+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

dml717

Jun 10, 2018
Same here 20 september 2017 applicant.
What the time line of ur wife application ?
We didn't track it as detailed as many others did on the forum as we didn't know about this forum until recently.

But a brief break down
- Application received Sept 25
- Application began to process in November
- Received schedule A/Police request in December, and submitted via web tool first week of Jan
- Received OWP in Feb
- Received Med request at the end of April and Did id in early May. --> At the moment, her application shows medical received and passed on both the linked application and the online tracking tool

Right now, we are just having our finger crossed and hoping we can get the PR soon~

Reactions: Julia2018

keihuynh

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hi everyone!
Update on August 3 2017 application:

Application Received- August 3 2017
AOR- September 21 2017
PR Application Linked- September 23 2017
Schedule A requested- September 23 2017
Schedule A submitted- October 23 2017
Medical Request- March 20 2018
Medical Completed- April 4 2018
Medical Passed- April 20
AIP- June 25 2018
SA- June 28 2018
ECAS changed to DM- June 28 2018

Where do yo live if you don't mind me asking? I haven't linked my account yet online, I was a bit afraid of not receiving anything in the mail!

Bhadz_ironside

Aug 27, 2016
Hi Guys I just want to ask. Did anyone of you brought a Proof of Termination of EI Benefits in your landing interview? Probably the officer will ask if the applicant is or was receiving EI Benefits.

Thank You

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
We’re done! Yesterday my husband received an email for his landing interview torday! They had a cancellation and bumped him up. We were tasked with bringing ID, receipt for PR fees, 2 pictures, and the letter.

She asked four questions - criminal charges, any additional spouses, when he had last left Canada, and if he’d ever been denied entry.

We arrived a few minutes early, were called in exactly at our appointment time, and were finished in less than 15 minutes.

Thank you to those who contribute in these forums. Being able to be in touch with others who are going through this as well is tremendous!

App Received - July 17/17
PR Interview Complete - June 28/18

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
We’re done! Yesterday my husband received an email for his landing interview torday! They had a cancellation and bumped him up. We were tasked with bringing ID, receipt for PR fees, 2 pictures, and the letter.

She asked four questions - criminal charges, any additional spouses, when he had last left Canada, and if he’d ever been denied entry.

We arrived a few minutes early, were called in exactly at our appointment time, and were finished in less than 15 minutes.

Thank you to those who contribute in these forums. Being able to be in touch with others who are going through this as well is tremendous!

Congratulations!!

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017

congrats. can u share ur timeline please. i m july 11 apllicant , recived sa on june 7 but no aip yet. when did u receive and aip ?
thank u

Missnana

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Oh ok but my lawyer said for me it’s just 8 months now I have applied and 60 days is very less time. And Cbsa officer told me if I go for 60 days time it’s not guarantee that cic will approve AIP so for me the other option was better but let’s see how things go I just hope we all get AIP and get a relief
Question you can only apply for prra when they tell you too?

Dec 25, 2017
Hey guys, I just got my appointment letter. It's actually just an email saying that I have to present myself any day until February 2019 (I will be landing in Montreal).

We will go tomorrow and I will update about how was the interview.

Here is my timeline:

App Received: March 13, 2017
Started processing: March 23, 2017
Request for Schedule A and police: April 4, 2017
Medical sent with the app (aproved on October 2017)
CSQ request: March 7,2018
CSQ received: April 13, 2018
Contacted the MP’s office regarding delay: May 28,2018
DM on both sides: June 12, 2018
SA letter: June 26, 2018
Landing Letter: June 28, 2018

I'm a little nervous for the interview but so happy that it's almost finally over! If there is any tips for the interview I will take it!

Thanks a lot for all the help and support from everybody! You guys are amazing and I wish you all have a positive outcome!!

Curious15

Nov 29, 2017
guys i have a question.i am an inland spousal applicant.i did my medical in april and still waiting.Do we also have to appear for interviews like the outland applicants or everybody doesnt get called for interviews??