+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
I would like to know too. Also if i should expect by email or in my mailbox. Got DM last Friday and landing in Montreal... what about you?
I received my "Permanent Residence Call in Notice" (aka landing interview letter) via email about 1 hour after seeing DM in ECAS. There was no attachment, just simply an email, which I plan to print up and bring with me as confirmation.

Reactions: Phr76 and Leogirl22

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
I received my "Permanent Residence Call in Notice" (aka landing interview letter) via email about 1 hour after seeing DM in ECAS. There was no attachment, just simply an email, which I plan to print up and bring with me as confirmation.
yeah it's mandatory to bring that email as confirmation otherwise they don't let you in. this situation happened with somebody else here :(

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Lucky you! I called today to ask why I didn’t receive anything and they said they didn’t send anything yet... that I should wait. But at least he confirmed that the application was approved!

Let’s hope I will get mine soon

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
I called immigration yesterday to ask about the wait time for us from DM to landing interview. The wonderful lady I spoke to was able to tell me the date (June 7) our application transferred from Vancouver to Saskatoon office, and said the Saskatoon office shows a 4 week wait from file acceptance to scheduling the landing interview. If you want to know how long you have to wait I highly recommend calling - they are able to share that information :) it took me 2 tries and a 31 minute hold time to get to a live person in the middle of the afternoon going through the sponsorship options at 1-888-242-2100 (2-1-1-0). She also congratulated us on a favourable decision for residency :)

Saskie

Sep 5, 2017
Mine is on the 23rd June. I guess we will try a bill and his passport. I hope thats enough :(
I asked that question when I last called the CIC as my husband doesn't have a provincial license or anything like that. She said anything with his name and address will do (bank info, phone bill, etc.) with his passport.

Reactions: stefpoko

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Lucky you! I called today to ask why I didn’t receive anything and they said they didn’t send anything yet... that I should wait. But at least he confirmed that the application was approved!

Let’s hope I will get mine soon
I guess it might just depend on the office - I'm in Ottawa and it seems like they usually tend to operate pretty smoothly when it comes to government-related appointments, etc.

I'm sure yours will come soon!!

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hello. I am september applicant . I received the request for medical exam on april 10 and I did it on april 13 and on my cic account medical passed on april 23 .
Now my account shows:
- we are reviewing the additionnels document that you provided.
- we are processing your backround check.
- no interview. No fingerprint.
- they did not start yet my eligibility .
Mine is pretty muchh the same. Except I never gave a medical test and it says we have received your additional documents.

Mizzcari

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
I asked that question when I last called the CIC as my husband doesn't have a provincial license or anything like that. She said anything with his name and address will do (bank info, phone bill, etc.) with his passport.
Great thank you

caseyelle

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Kelowna
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
23-03-2018
I would like to know too. Also if i should expect by email or in my mailbox. Got DM last Friday and landing in Montreal... what about you?
Got my DM last Friday too, I’ll be landing in Vancouver I think. Hopefully will get the letter soon! I’m just so relieved to have DM

Reactions: Leogirl22

LunaM

Dec 28, 2017
Hi @LunaM dont worry . Even if ECAS doesn’t show anything I think still they are working on your file . I was excited but someone told me it doesn’t really matter tho .
M not sure . I just hope it really mean that I get something quick. I know other fellow friends waiting and I am November applicant but I really don’t go with timeline bcos m dealing with Cbsa and unfortunelty the officer m dealing with is very strict . She called me told me about applying pre removal risk assessment. And said if negative result come for PRRA they don’t care my file inland in process they will take action against me . My lawyer asking them through email to give me time until my process done for inland application . But after applying for PRRA no reply from them. So now my lawyer said to ask MP to call cic and ask for help on AIP but when I went to MP they said wait till end of June . Now god know when ?what ?will ?come up for me . Fingers crossed
I can only imagine how nerve-wracking this must be for you. I hope you get your AIP soon. Best luck.

Reactions: jeet07

Carman Lee

Jun 1, 2018
I’m March 2017 and I got DM on Friday after about 2 weeks of contacting the MP’s office, You guys should go ahead and to contact yours as well.. I have seen a lot of people doing that (after passing the 12 months deadline) and seem like they really push the immigration to finish the application!
Can you tell me how can I find which MP's office I should contact?Thank you !!