+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
DM was on June 1, waiting for a landing interview date since then.. I'm landing in Ontario, Windsor. Soooo worried that it's taking so long!!

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Huh. What does your MyCIC account say on the Review of Medical Results?
Ikr! It says medicals passed! So i was confused too.. I had been trying to call ircc for two days with no luck. Wouldn’t put me in the queue cause of high call volumes. Finally got through today and they said they are using my medicals that I submitted when I first entered the country in 2015! Apparently alcause I haven’t left the country for more than 4 weeks ever since I came here, that medical still qualifies. Kinda shocking tbh.

Jjp123

Jun 19, 2018
My schedule A was requested but no police certificate - is this normal? I sent schedule A back months ago and my background check is in progress, but I am worried as I can't upload police check until they request it.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Ikr! It says medicals passed! So i was confused too.. I had been trying to call ircc for two days with no luck. Wouldn’t put me in the queue cause of high call volumes. Finally got through today and they said they are using my medicals that I submitted when I first entered the country in 2015! Apparently alcause I haven’t left the country for more than 4 weeks ever since I came here, that medical still qualifies. Kinda shocking tbh.
Good for you, then! No need to spend for another medical exam. Haha I hope they won't ask for it again near the end, though. I was even hoping they will use the medical results I had in 2014. I left for only 3 weeks in 2016 buuut they requested it. Hahaha! Not complaining bec I need to flagpole to remove restrictions on my OWP.

KT214

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
so lucky you!

Reactions: RecentGrad

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
Hello everyone. I'm a November applicant. My ECAS changed yesterday on Sponsor side it went back from "in process" to "application received" did that happen to any of you?

RecentGrad

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga + Vancouver
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Good for you, then! No need to spend for another medical exam. Haha I hope they won't ask for it again near the end, though. I was even hoping they will use the medical results I had in 2014. I left for only 3 weeks in 2016 buuut they requested it. Hahaha! Not complaining bec I need to flagpole to remove restrictions on my OWP.
Oh I sooo hope they do not do that to me! 12 months in I get a request for medicals? Imagine that‍♂

KT214

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hello everyone. I'm a November applicant. My ECAS changed yesterday on Sponsor side it went back from "in process" to "application received" did that happen to any of you?
And on my PR side, when I click the ' in process' to see the details. The second line change to " we started processing your application on June12,2018 " , while before was showing " we started processing your application on Jan 4,2018 " . I think all these are good signs , our case are moving forward .

Phr76

May 3, 2018
I would like to know too. Also if i should expect by email or in my mailbox. Got DM last Friday and landing in Montreal... what about you?
Mine is in canada and landing interview is expected in Vancouver. I received DM on Thursday.
I received my "Permanent Residence Call in Notice" (aka landing interview letter) via email about 1 hour after seeing DM in ECAS. There was no attachment, just simply an email, which I plan to print up and bring with me as confirmation.
Congratulations, I am still waiting for golden email. My landing is in Vancouver

Reactions: caseyelle

canadianpilot

May 2, 2016
Hi guys, first time posting in this group but I've been watching for a long time. My common-law partner is an August 10 applicant and yesterday she got a message saying that she passed her eligibility. We hadn't heard anything since the fall when we had to submit her Quebec Selection Certificate. She did her medicals in April 2017 when she renewed her tourist visa, so maybe that sped up the process. Good luck to everyone waiting!

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hi guys, first time posting in this group but I've been watching for a long time. My common-law partner is an August 10 applicant and yesterday she got a message saying that she passed her eligibility. We hadn't heard anything since the fall when we had to submit her Quebec Selection Certificate. She did her medicals last April when she renewed her tourist visa, so maybe that sped up the process. Good luck to everyone waiting!
That's actually the normal time frame,it's really possible that soon cic would start sending August applicants AIP! :)

Last edited: