+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

nmmusic

Dec 22, 2016
Just logged in and saw DM on both sides!

Hopefully I will get my landing appointment soon!! I already cried my eyes out anyways
Omg, I’m truly sorry! I would be very pissed as well. I just don’t get why everything has to be so difficult... a freaking email could have sold the problem, why they didn’t send it to you? I honestly gave up trying to understand how it works... I hope you will have your appointment rescheduled soon! Let us know! You have waited for so long and you are very close!!
I just called up an agent and he took about 30 minutes on my case to sort things out. Apparently, my COPR expires next week and the agent has asked the Vancouver office to resolve my case. I have to see what they do next.

Reactions: futurepr

nmmusic

Dec 22, 2016
Hi everyone,
I plan to sponsor my wife soon. I am a Canadian citizen and we are both outside Canada now. So the sponsorship will be from outside Canada. To which address should I send the papers as it's not yet clear for me? Also, in September this year it's going to be 2 years since we got married. It should help, right? If you are a citizen outside of Canada, will this take longer? We plan to move to Canada immediately after she gets the Visa in her passport. Any information will help. Thanks!
I suppose if you are applying from outside canada, you will have to send outland sponsorship application to the Canadian embassy of the country your wife is currently residing in. Alternatively, you can enter Canada with your wife and apply inland at mississauga. The current processing time for inland spousal application is 1 year.

As long as you are married and have an authentic document to justify it, it should not really matter how long you`ve been married. You will have to prove that you are committed to your relationship. Have documents like joint bank account, telephone bills, joint property, common residence (joint lease agreements) to prove your relationship.

ordy1926

Jun 1, 2018
I suppose if you are applying from outside canada, you will have to send outland sponsorship application to the Canadian embassy of the country your wife is currently residing in. Alternatively, you can enter Canada with your wife and apply inland at mississauga. The current processing time for inland spousal application is 1 year.

As long as you are married and have an authentic document to justify it, it should not really matter how long you`ve been married. You will have to prove that you are committed to your relationship. Have documents like joint bank account, telephone bills, joint property, common residence (joint lease agreements) to prove your relationship.
Thanks. We are both in Romania. I've tried to bring her to Canada as a visitor but they denied her visa. So sponsorship is the only option now. And I don't plan to come to Canada alone and do the sponsorship like that. I understood that if the marriage is for more than 2 years(and we've always been together since that) it shows even better it is not a fake marriage. I didn't know about the fact that the papers have to be submitted to the Canadian Embassy here.

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Thanks. We are both in Romania. I've tried to bring her to Canada as a visitor but they denied her visa. So sponsorship is the only option now. And I don't plan to come to Canada alone and do the sponsorship like that. I understood that if the marriage is for more than 2 years(and we've always been together since that) it shows even better it is not a fake marriage. I didn't know about the fact that the papers have to be submitted to the Canadian Embassy here.
I would suggest read CIC website better.. There's everything in Instruction Guide,here we all inland applicants and the application is different.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hi @gabrielasqs
I have a question. As when we pass the medical . When does they add the second line on the principle applicant side ECAS that - we started processing your file on *######.
I mean does it happen near the end of the process ????

Under the first line we received your application on ###

Mei2017

May 14, 2018
Hi, My fellow inlanders. I am May 16, 2017 applicant, and just landed this morning at Vancouver local office, it took about 10 mins to finish the whole interview. I got the questions like "when did you first come to Canada", "what was your status at that time", "when did you get married?","have you received remove order ”, "do you have dependent child " etc. My husband got questions like ” are you going through the process of bankruptcy“, "were you convicted of a crime" etc.

Then the officer confirmed our address, and I signed the COPR. Before we left, the office also reminded me to update my SIN card and MSP.

Good luck everyone and thank this forum for gathering us together.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
UPDATE: Dec 21st inland applicant - My wife (PA) got her medical request today! Whoo! Booked an appt for June 29th in Toronto as it’s when we’re available to go. Doc offered June 19th but we’re working that day. Will update in the spreadsheet tonight or tomorrow.

Reactions: iamvenus and btis

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hi @gabrielasqs
I have a question. As when we pass the medical . When does they add the second line on the principle applicant side ECAS that - we started processing your file on *######.
I mean does it happen near the end of the process ????

Under the first line we received your application on ###
Honestly I don’t think that means anything anymore,because as we can see a few June/July applicants like alexandra and casey and someone else here said they ecas changed from application received to straight up to decision made,they didn’t have that 2nd or 3rd line saying about in process..