+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hi @gabrielasqs
I have a question. As when we pass the medical . When does they add the second line on the principle applicant side ECAS that - we started processing your file on *######.
I mean does it happen near the end of the process ????

Under the first line we received your application on ###
I was worried about it and looking my ecas all the time to see if would change.. but now that I know it’s possible they switch from application received to decision made I’m not worried anymore hahaha

Reactions: jeet07

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
UPDATE: Dec 21st inland applicant - My wife (PA) got her medical request today! Whoo! Booked an appt for June 29th in Toronto as it’s when we’re available to go. Doc offered June 19th but we’re working that day. Will update in the spreadsheet tonight or tomorrow.
I got mine today too and the first available appointment was July 11th!! :(

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I was worried about it and looking my ecas all the time to see if would change.. but now that I know it’s possible they switch from application received to decision made I’m not worried anymore hahaha
Oh yes that makes sense for some people it does change for some it’s not . Thanks for reply :)

Reactions: gabrielasqs

Carman Lee

Jun 1, 2018
I can partially understand you as being kept in the dark for all this time is very frustrating and is easy to lose faith, but I can't even imagine what 4 more months would have done to me. I'm so sorry you are still waiting and I understand your frustration. I felt the same way when I saw July/Aug applicants landing and my colleague did her sponsorship outland in 2016 and got it in 4 months. She applied the day after her relationship could have been defined common-law and got her PR with no hiccups at all. I would call that luck!

I was losing faith too, when I checked ECAS 5 times a day and it always says "application received" as it did 1 year ago. It's even more ridiculous in your case since they promised 12 months.

I do not know the reason why some are taking longer than others, but I guess mine might have been straight forward? We've been married since 2013 and lived together since 2011, and I've never lived in any other country aside from Italy and Canada now.

I'm March 28 2017 application.... Me and my husband live together since 2004 then married at 2008.... and we have 3 kids..... I don't understand why my background check taking such a long long time....we lived only in Hong Kong and Canada.....I lost my Faith...

Last edited:

nmmusic

Dec 22, 2016
Hi, My fellow inlanders. I am May 16, 2017 applicant, and just landed this morning at Vancouver local office, it took about 10 mins to finish the whole interview. I got the questions like "when did you first come to Canada", "what was your status at that time", "when did you get married?","have you received remove order ”, "do you have dependent child " etc. My husband got questions like ” are you going through the process of bankruptcy“, "were you convicted of a crime" etc.

Then the officer confirmed our address, and I signed the COPR. Before we left, the office also reminded me to update my SIN card and MSP.

Good luck everyone and thank this forum for gathering us together.
Congrats. Was it at 1148 Hornby? I went there yesterday and the fellows at the entrance denied that I had an appointment because I hadn't any letter for the same. Two of the IRCC agents I had called had confirmed my date of interview and the letter was posted to my address late (which I haven't received yet)!!

nmmusic

Dec 22, 2016
I'm March 28 2017 application.... Me and my husband live together since 2004 then married at 2008.... and we have 3 kids..... I don't understand why my background check taking such a long long time....I lost my Faith
It is indeed unfortunate to keep on waiting when people who applied later than you get through. I think, sometimes they mess things up and your file gets buried in the pile. You just have to cross your fingers and wait.

Mei2017

May 14, 2018
Congrats. Was it at 1148 Hornby? I went there yesterday and the fellows at the entrance denied that I had an appointment because I hadn't any letter for the same. Two of the IRCC agents I had called had confirmed my date of interview and the letter was posted to my address late (which I haven't received yet)!!
My interview was at Surrey office, I had to show the security guide my interview confirmation email so that he let us in. Did you receive your interview confirmation via email?

nmmusic

Dec 22, 2016
My interview was at Surrey office, I had to show the security guide my interview confirmation email so that he let us in. Did you receive your interview confirmation via email?
No, I never received any e-mail mentioning the date. When I called the IRCC agent about it, she told me that they had posted a letter on 11th June, monday and she also said that the letter couldn't reach me before the interview date (14th) and I could present myself at the office without it.

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
I just called up an agent and he took about 30 minutes on my case to sort things out. Apparently, my COPR expires next week and the agent has asked the Vancouver office to resolve my case. I have to see what they do next.
Omg I'm glad to hear that! Hopefully everything will be finished next week!!! Fingers crossed!!

Sheraton_k

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
I'm March 28 2017 application.... Me and my husband live together since 2004 then married at 2008.... and we have 3 kids..... I don't understand why my background check taking such a long long time....we lived only in Hong Kong and Canada.....I lost my Faith...
Well, I feel your pain. I moved to Canada in 2006 and my application received on March 2nd 2017. My criminality is still in progress which took forever and based on the note I recently got says they add Vancouver as secondly visa office while SPR eligibility hasn't stared yet.

Don't give up hope and if you didn't order any GCMS note before below is the link you can request CIC to check app status under Privacy Act.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

mohamednbil179

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Well, I feel your pain. I moved to Canada in 2006 and my application received on March 2nd 2017. My criminality is still in progress which took forever and based on the note I recently got says they add Vancouver as secondly visa office while SPR eligibility hasn't stared yet.

Don't give up hope and if you didn't order any GCMS note before below is the link you can request CIC to check app status under Privacy Act.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
hello. can i ask about something i received sa on june 7 but i did not get aip yet. my ecas says dm for the sponser and in process for the applicant. do u have any idea why ? july 11 2017 applicant. thanks