+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Does anybody know what can be used as "proof of cohabitation" at the landing interview?

Our letter stated we need to bring proof, but my spouse doesn't have a driver's license - would a document from CRA or even phone bills with his name and our shared address on it suffice?? Anything else?

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Just logged in and saw DM on both sides!

Hopefully I will get my landing appointment soon!! I already cried my eyes out anyways
Congrats for you! Still no news or updates for me at all :(

Just out of curiosity, when you log into ECAS, what date does it say they started processing your application? Should be second line under where it states they received your application.

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
I couldn't wait and I called CIC, approved! :D

I would like to thank everyone in this forum for all the support and your answers.

For those still waiting, I know that no words can make you feel better and how unfair it feels to see others getting their PR if you applied before them. Hang in there anyway, all problems and worries will go away in a matter of minutes and the happiness will be overwhelming!
In your ECAS, what is the date of when they started processing your application?

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
They did not even start processing the applicant side. It went straight from Application Received to DM today
Wow. Some people have all the luck. I don't even know what to say... I'm happy for you, but I'm a Feb 28 2017 applicant and I'm just getting a constant mess around from IRCC. I have lost all faith

alexandroz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Wow. Some people have all the luck. I don't even know what to say... I'm happy for you, but I'm a Feb 28 2017 applicant and I'm just getting a constant mess around from IRCC. I have lost all faith
I can partially understand you as being kept in the dark for all this time is very frustrating and is easy to lose faith, but I can't even imagine what 4 more months would have done to me. I'm so sorry you are still waiting and I understand your frustration. I felt the same way when I saw July/Aug applicants landing and my colleague did her sponsorship outland in 2016 and got it in 4 months. She applied the day after her relationship could have been defined common-law and got her PR with no hiccups at all. I would call that luck!

I was losing faith too, when I checked ECAS 5 times a day and it always says "application received" as it did 1 year ago. It's even more ridiculous in your case since they promised 12 months.

I do not know the reason why some are taking longer than others, but I guess mine might have been straight forward? We've been married since 2013 and lived together since 2011, and I've never lived in any other country aside from Italy and Canada now.

Last edited:

caseyelle

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
Kelowna
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
23-03-2018
Congrats for you! Still no news or updates for me at all :(

Just out of curiosity, when you log into ECAS, what date does it say they started processing your application? Should be second line under where it states they received your application.
my side never changed to in process from app recieved , I was checking 10 times a day but woke up this morning to DM both sides

ordy1926

Jun 1, 2018
Hi everyone,
I plan to sponsor my wife soon. I am a Canadian citizen and we are both outside Canada now. So the sponsorship will be from outside Canada. To which address should I send the papers as it's not yet clear for me? Also, in September this year it's going to be 2 years since we got married. It should help, right? If you are a citizen outside of Canada, will this take longer? We plan to move to Canada immediately after she gets the Visa in her passport. Any information will help. Thanks!