+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

anruby

Jul 4, 2017
Decision made for sponsor, in process for applicant (me). From other comments on here, it seems a few other Feb 2017 applicants have been skipped over and June applicants are getting DM for some reason, which is awesome for them but really disheartening to see nothing happening for me for no apparent reason. Have been in consultation with our local federal MP who has bee trying to help and is giving us updates, but it's just radio silence from IRCC
I wish you to get good news this week! Can I ask when did you get Sponsor approval?

Reactions: stke4130

Mei2017

May 14, 2018
Our appointment was for 11am, but they said to arrive 15 minutes early. You will get a green laminated card with a number on it. They will call your colour and number. The entire interview itself was only 10-15 min, but we had to wait behind other landing interviews. We were there for just over an hour total.

She asked me (the sponsor) if I have ever declared bankruptcy and if I am willing to sponsor him for 3 years. She asked my hubby (PA) if he had any criminal record/convictions, any other marriages/relationships, or any children he did not declare during the process.

Then she stamped his COPR and sent us on our way. Very easy overall.
Thank you for sharing the information, it's helpful. Congratulations again!

Haire Gabriela

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Quebec, Canada
The IMM 0008 form (Generic Application Form) has been updated as of June 2018. If you are currently putting your app together, be sure to log onto the IRCC website and download the latest version of the form. Always make sure you have the forms up to date before sending your application!

Reactions: Amsadek4u

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
I wish you to get good news this week! Can I ask when did you get Sponsor approval?
Not exactly sure as CIC has completely shit the bed with our application and input my sponsor's email wrong and won't change it, so she has never received any notifications or emails... but i think it was about 5 weeks ago, end of April.

KT214

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

My inland application was received July 2017, medical completed/passed April 2018, application is still in process and haven't heard anything since. I stupidly didn't apply for an OWP at the time of applying and my current visa expires July 19th 2018, is it too late to apply for an OWP now? I'm so scared I've left it too late and will have to leave the country!!
You still can apply for the OWP, by the way, when did you get AOR?

Smiler

Jan 11, 2018
Decision made for sponsor, in process for applicant (me). From other comments on here, it seems a few other Feb 2017 applicants have been skipped over and June applicants are getting DM for some reason, which is awesome for them but really disheartening to see nothing happening for me for no apparent reason. Have been in consultation with our local federal MP who has bee trying to help and is giving us updates, but it's just radio silence from IRCC
I can imagine how frustrating that is for you. It's great to see people making progress but it's horrendous to feel forgotten about or left behind. Wishing you good news soon. ( Quickly followed by me and my fellow waiting June applicants!!)

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Not exactly sure as CIC has completely shit the bed with our application and input my sponsor's email wrong and won't change it, so she has never received any notifications or emails... but i think it was about 5 weeks ago, end of April.
Btw, they also messed my sponsor's email. But I think they are all on MyCIC anyways so I didn't even bother to fix it.

Janii

Mar 11, 2017
did you bring only your photo ? should I bring my hubby's photo as well? my hubby is citizen and I am on processing.
They will ask for Sponsor's ID (driver's license, or something to prove that you live in the same address, etc.) and the Applicant will need the 2 photos as requested in the invitation.

anruby

Jul 4, 2017
Thank you, I do beleive you will share your good news with us within next couple of days!

Reactions: stke4130