+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017
Does anybody have experience with submitting Police Clearance Certificates at the end of your timeline and how long it takes before you get DM/Landing Interview?

I am a May 1st applicant, but since it took so long to get my PCC from another country I lived it, I couldn't send it in until May 25th. I know they need to verify the certificate with that country, but I'm hoping the rest of my application is mostly processed.

ECAS shows my application "in Process" and we have "Decision Made" on the sponsor's side since May 1st, 2018.

Mei2017

May 14, 2018
For the landing interview, what original documents should we bring with us?
Below is my landing interview email, you can find what we should bring to the interview.

Please note:

· Do not arrive until 15 minutes prior to your interview time.

· If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you, and brings government issued photo identity document(s).

· If you believe you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.

· If you are subject to and have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the amount of $490.00 per adult who is subject to permanent residency, you must do so prior to your interview. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

Please bring the following original documents to your interview:

· A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity.

· Important: If for any reason you are not in possession of valid identity/travel documents at the time of the appointment, you must advise this office PRIOR to the appointment date.

· Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence inside Canada. Please show the photographer the document found here:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

· Current and expired Temporary Resident documents issued by IRCC. These include work permits, study permits & visitor records.

· Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Please ensure you either have a copy of the receipt printed or saved PDF copy viewable on an electronic device.

Please note: If you have recently changed any of the following without updating IRCC, please scan & e-mail xxxxxxxx@cic.gc.ca your update and document(s) immediately. Please also bring the original documents along to your interview.

These are NOT required unless a change has occurred.

· Marital Status Include a copy of marriage certificate, divorce certificate, etc.

· Birth Certificates. For all accompanying dependent children or Canadian citizen children

· Passport. Include a copy of the biographical details page

· Contact information. Include a copy of your photo government ID and/or other documents (such as your phone or cable bill) with your current address

Reactions: live&love

Scontario

Feb 28, 2017
I can happily say that I landed today in Etobicoke! Got DM about 7-8 weeks ago so it's probably ~2 months wait time between DM and Landing for that office.

Inland Jan 2017 application, 16 months total processing.

Any questions HMU, just glad this is all finally over and done with. Best of luck everyone!

Mei2017

May 14, 2018
I can happily say that I landed today in Etobicoke! Got DM about 7-8 weeks ago so it's probably ~2 months wait time between DM and Landing for that office.

Any questions HMU, just glad this is all finally over and done with. Best of luck everyone!
Congratulations! how's your landing interview? did they ask you any specific questions?

Reactions: Elena1212

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
Does anybody have experience with submitting Police Clearance Certificates at the end of your timeline and how long it takes before you get DM/Landing Interview?

I am a May 1st applicant, but since it took so long to get my PCC from another country I lived it, I couldn't send it in until May 25th. I know they need to verify the certificate with that country, but I'm hoping the rest of my application is mostly processed.

ECAS shows my application "in Process" and we have "Decision Made" on the sponsor's side since May 1st, 2018.
Feb 2017 applicant. I lived in two countries before. Submitted one ppc online May 2017. Cic requested the other ppc from the other country in Jan 2018. That country will only issue ppc upon request from cic and will only mail directly to cic. Deadline for my ppc was Feb 2, 2018. I think cic received my ppc end of Feb.

my background check is still in other now. 16 months already. No update.

What was the deadline for your ppc on the CIC request letter?

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
Feb 2017 applicant. I lived in two countries before. Submitted one ppc online May 2017. Cic requested the other ppc from the other country in Jan 2018. That country will only issue ppc upon request from cic and will only mail directly to cic. Deadline for my ppc was Feb 2, 2018. I think cic received my ppc end of Feb.

my background check is still in process now. 16 months already. No update.

Congrats..I'm a Feb 2017 applicant. Still doing background check. No update. Do you know why yours took 14 months to get DM? I'm worried about mine because my country submitted my ppc 2 weeks late. But cic has received it since the end of Feb 2018. And I have received my SA and AIP end of Feb 2018 also. But no update since then. When did you get your SA and AIP?

Whatever123

Dec 5, 2017
Everyone case is different. In my case my husband received a call from cic , they requested additional docs and gave us an email address to email it ; that same day i recieve AIP. Next day which is today i recieve invitation for landing letter schedule for June 1.
Agree every case is different. I got my AIP in Feb. Still doing background check now. Sigh

faye.wmgl

Sep 13, 2017
Yes I saw 2 other people recently asking a few days ago if the office is opened on Saturday and one of them called to cic and cic confirmed they’re open on Saturday because they’re too busy.

You probably have the receipt on your email,search cic you probably will find it!

Congratulations!
Thank you! I asked my lawyer for a copy of the receipt today and was able to get it immediately.
Not sure if Service Ontario officers will be at site on Saturday so I can obtain a new SINs...

Reactions: gabrielasqs

stefpoko

Nov 9, 2017

my background check is still in other now. 16 months already. No update.

Thanks for your reply, and sorry to hear you are still waiting.

The original deadline for my PCCs was April 11th (they requested it March 13th - so less than a month to obtain and send in!), but they gave me an extension to June 1st. They are both submitted now as of May 25th, so at least I'm not passed the deadline. But I am now going on my 13th month in the process.

Hearing this long delay with yours somewhat confirms my worst fears. I spoke with an IRCC agent on the phone and he told me that they basically can't do anything until they get the PCCs, that the application would be on hold, in essence - I was just hoping it would only be a month or so.

What does your ECAS show? Are you In Process and does your sponsor have Decision Made?

Scontario

Feb 28, 2017
Congratulations! how's your landing interview? did they ask you any specific questions?
Nothing out of the ordinary, and because I had obviously fully disclosed my very minor arrest history (an arrest that resulted in a small fine) when I answered 'yes' to the 'have you ever been arrested, charged, etc' question they already had my history on file so it wasn't an issue.

Mostly it was just making sure all the details they had on file for the PR were correct, very simple. Hope that helps!