+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

faye.wmgl

Sep 13, 2017
Some updates about my application: (specific dates have been adjusted as I obtained more accurate info)

Date application received: April 27, 2017
Application received/File number issued: May 19, 2017.
Sch A and Police Certificate request: a week later (specific date unknown)
Medical request: February 1, 2018.
SA: April 19, 2018.
AIP: April 19, 2018 - confirmed via telephone contact with CIC; no actual letter received.

Since SA no news. So I called CIC Call Centre today and the agent confirmed that my application was actually approved on April 19, 2018 (same day they sent out SA letters to my lawyer). The agent also said a letter was emailed/mailed to my lawyer on April 27, 2018 to confirm the approval however my lawyer has never received such letter. The agent asked me to wait for the local landing office to contact me/my representative to schedule a landing interview. I guess it's finally coming to an end now.

I still don't feel 100% relieved as I have not received the actual AIP letter. I wonder if I should ask CIC to resend it so I can have a confirmation on hand.

My local office is CPC Missisauga L5A 4H4. Does anyone have their email address? I saw people emailing Etobicoke office to have their interviews scheduled sooner. I assume Missisauga office would have a different email address.

Good luck everyone!!!
Some updates about my application:

AIP: April 28, 2018
ECAS shows DM on both sides.

Received Landing email from Etobicoke today! It's scheduled on Saturday, June 9th. Please help me clarify the following things:
1) Is the landing office even open on Saturday?
2) I paid my Permanent Residence Fee upfront and the receipt was submitted to CIC in my initial application package. Do I still need to bring a receipt to the landing interview? I don't think I kept any copy.

It's finally coming to an end. Good luck fellows!!

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Some updates about my application:

AIP: April 28, 2018
ECAS shows DM on both sides.

Received Landing email from Etobicoke today! It's scheduled on Saturday, June 9th. Please help me clarify the following things:
1) Is the landing office even open on Saturday?
2) I paid my Permanent Residence Fee upfront and the receipt was submitted to CIC in my initial application package. Do I still need to bring a receipt to the landing interview? I don't think I kept any copy.

It's finally coming to an end. Good luck fellows!!
Yes I saw 2 other people recently asking a few days ago if the office is opened on Saturday and one of them called to cic and cic confirmed they’re open on Saturday because they’re too busy.

You probably have the receipt on your email,search cic you probably will find it!

Congratulations!

Janii

Mar 11, 2017
Hi, I was just wondering how long it took them to call you up to schedule the interview after you received the letter and when they did call up did they give you a date that was within a few days or was it a week or more away? My wife has received the same email but we are also in a situation where my father is not in good health and we are trying to figure out if she should stay here or if she can go back to help my mother out during this time and so I was hoping to get a sort of timeline on the scheduling of this interview. Thanks!
Here's my timeline:

Application Received: February 27, 2017
Work permit received: May 9, 2017

Schedule A Background Requested: January 12, 2018
Eligibility Passed + ECAS changed to DM (both sides): May 18, 2018
E-mail invitation from CIC agent for landing interview: May 23, 2018 (We did not receive a phone call)
Interview date: June 1, 2018, Kitchener, ON
A General email sent to anticipate the email sent from agent (as stated above): May 25, 2018
AIP: May 26, 2018

Reactions: Elena1212

Kellz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi, I was just wondering how long it took them to call you up to schedule the interview after you received the letter and when they did call up did they give you a date that was within a few days or was it a week or more away? My wife has received the same email but we are also in a situation where my father is not in good health and we are trying to figure out if she should stay here or if she can go back to help my mother out during this time and so I was hoping to get a sort of timeline on the scheduling of this interview. Thanks!
Everyone case is different. In my case my husband received a call from cic , they requested additional docs and gave us an email address to email it ; that same day i recieve AIP. Next day which is today i recieve invitation for landing letter schedule for June 1.

Reactions: Elena1212

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Everyone case is different. In my case my husband received a call from cic , they requested additional docs and gave us an email address to email it ; that same day i recieve AIP. Next day which is today i recieve invitation for landing letter schedule for June 1.
Congratulations! Did they just give you notice about landing interview three days in advance? Which city are you in?