+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Vistor Visa, Refugee ( rejected) PRRA rejected..Been in Canada for 5 years.
Hi @EGH i have a question u might know. I received the package from Cbsa to apply for PRRA and when I read the booklet it’s written that If you don’t have a work permit you may apply for it .
So that means if a person out of status and applied PRRA can also send work permit application and work until get PRRA decision . ???

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
So what? You talk like is not extremely frustrating to wait more than most of the people... Everybody here is tired, stressed and just want to move on with life as I think you do too so I believe we have the right to be worried as much as we want.

This forum was created to help and support each other, if bothers you that some people are sharing their experience and frustration then I think you are in the wrong place.
First of all, I AM NOT TRYING TO HURT ANYONE'S FEELINGS. I am in the same situation as many of you guys. I just tried to let people know that someone there is waiting for 18 months so there is no need to worry about a 2 months wait (it could be worse). Also, 2017 applications will not take that long so everyone who is worried just relax, you are almost there!

Second of all, Canada is a free country and I have rights to express myself in any way, whether it sounds sarcastic or not. And if IT bothers you, well then you are applying for PR to a wrong country. ;) And by the way, you told me more offensive words than I wrote in my previous post. Still believing that you are an angel?

P.S. (to everyone, except you, futuepr, little hater :p) All of you are strong! You will get your PRs sooner or later, it just takes some patience. And sorry if I hurt someone's feelings, it is my nervous system playing tricks on me (too sick of waiting for mu PR!)

Perrybrown

Jan 23, 2018
Kanata
First of all, I AM NOT TRYING TO HURT ANYONE'S FEELINGS. I am in the same situation as many of you guys. I just tried to let people know that someone there is waiting for 18 months so there is no need to worry about a 2 months wait (it could be worse). Also, 2017 applications will not take that long so everyone who is worried just relax, you are almost there!

Second of all, Canada is a free country and I have rights to express myself in any way, whether it sounds sarcastic or not. And if IT bothers you, well then you are applying for PR to a wrong country. ;) And by the way, you told me more offensive words than I wrote in my previous post. Still believing that you are an angel?

P.S. (to everyone, except you, futuepr, little hater :p) All of you are strong! You will get your PRs sooner or later, it just takes some patience. And sorry if I hurt someone's feelings, it is my nervous system playing tricks on me (too sick of waiting for mu PR!)
Well said. I agree to you, some people take everything in wrong way! Just keep smile

Last edited:
Reactions: Trinh and jeet07

TayWilson

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Anyone here has ever had an experience of sending missing documents through webform? Were they attached to your application after they sent the email saying they received it? I’m freaking out here :(

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hey guys, I just checked MyCIC account and it's weird today! There is no Application status anymore (such as We are start processing your application --> Your medical exam passed --> etc.)!!! It just shows:
View my submitted applications or profiles
Then click on PR and it shows:

Application/profile details

And then
Submitted documents application

I'm trying to think positively that they are updating my status that's why... How about your account status? I am August applicant.

[UPDATED] : It's normal now but there is any updated information on My CIC status... :(

Last edited:

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hey guys, I just checked MyCIC account and it's weird today! There is no Application status anymore (such as We are start processing your application --> Your medical exam passed --> etc.)!!! It just shows:
View my submitted applications or profiles
Then click on PR and it shows:

Application/profile details

And then
Submitted documents application

I'm trying to think positively that they are updating my status that's why... How about your account status? I am August applicant.

[UPDATED] : It's normal now but there is any updated information on My CIC status... :(
I checked mine and it’s normal too! I’m August as well,fingers crossed for next month we receive any news!!

Reactions: Trinh

julzj

Apr 27, 2018
Anyone here has ever had an experience of sending missing documents through webform? Were they attached to your application after they sent the email saying they received it? I’m freaking out here :(
Hey it depends. I sent documents twice, the first time I sent I received an email about 2 weeks after saying they received but the second time I didn't receive any email. When I called CIC that's when the girl confirmed they received it. You should maybe try calling after 2 weeks just to ensure they received it

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018

Oh well, there was no hate words and I’m not a hater. I just felt so upset with your words, like anybody feelings (from Feb/March 2017) don’t matter... I’m sorry if I ofended you in any way. Its the same on my side - nervous system playing tricks.

I do not think I’m an angel, I just don’t see a reason to compare levels of hurtness when everyone here has the same pain and are in the same bolt.

Anyways, once again I apologize if I said anything that offended you. It wasn’t my intention... I just felt very nervous because I thought you were making fun of people who are here looking for some support - but thankfully I see that I was wrong.

Good luck to you.

Last edited:

Sigurgeirs10

Oct 6, 2016
To my fellow August/September applicants, where in the process are you guys in now? I received medical request back in March and got it done on April 13th. I passed my medical exam. What's next? :)

Also, I am debating on waiting until I get PR card to leave back to the States to get my new Cochlear Implant kit as its has been broken for good 2 years. I will have to be in MI for the mapping, my dad wants me to come in July but I am so unsure. I want to be safe, not get in any hassles/troubles. Since its medical necessary for me to get my CI asap, I don't mind wait until I get my card. I just want to see what my options are.

kenan80

Dec 13, 2017
Today I received the mail that my application is approved and will be contacted by Hamilton,ON office for the landing interview. Do you guys have any idea how long does it take for the landing interview after this confirmation letter? Also DM was received on April 27th. And do I need to wait for the PR card ? Is it possible if I apply and my spouse mail that to me when he receives to Germany ?