+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Janii

Mar 11, 2017
I’m sorry about that! Have they at least started to review your eligibility? (Im March 15)
Not even close?

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
You passed the medical exam.
We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

AshhMac92

May 12, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Doc's Request.
14-06-2017
AOR Received.
14-06-2017
Med's Request
24-11-2017
Med's Done....
01-12-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2018
against the odds, got my landing letter from surrey. landing on June 4th.
Yay congratulations!!! :) Here's hoping I get Surrey too. I'd like to avoid heading into the city :p

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
Not even close?

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
You passed the medical exam.
We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I see. It shows exactly the same for me... I think I will try to contact MP for more information bc this is driving me crazy

futurepr

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
UPDATE: I received an email from the MP office "IRCC confirmed that Criminality and Security assessments are in progress on the file.The Eligibility review was started on March 1st and an update on the Eligibility is expected at some point this month.They mentioned the Eligibility assessment includes review of a non-accompanying child."

I don't know what it does mean, but I received more info than I got from the Call Center an the official took a look of my file. Hopefully I receive any news soon
Wouldn't be so much easier if the call center give us this kind of information when we call? It looks like they enjoy keeping us in the dark! But I really hope you will get DM soon, at least now you know what has been holding it!!

Btw, to have this info did you call or email them? I think I will try it too

Good luck!!

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
Yay congratulations!!! :) Here's hoping I get Surrey too. I'd like to avoid heading into the city :p
thanks! commuting to vancouver is no picnic but there are better options to celebrate there :)

EGH

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Wouldn't be so much easier if the call center give us this kind of information when we call? It looks like they enjoy keeping us in the dark! But I really hope you will get DM soon, at least now you know what has been holding it!!

Btw, to have this info did you call or email them? I think I will try it too

Good luck!!
I called to the MP office and they book an appointment.. then an email..I think is a good idea to contact the MP office..

sarezaei

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all,

I am sponsoring my wife, and we are June 7th applicant.

On April 27th the status changed on my wife's online account to Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

On the same day, she received an email saying that processing of the application is now completed and she should expect someone from local IRCC office to contact her for appointment. On May 8th, she received a different email saying that she passed the eligibility but final decision is due on finishing all requirements! I assume they sent that email just late, because they sent a landing letter earlier than that!

Finally, she received an email from local IRCC om May 9th confirming the landing interview at May 18th!

I just wanted to share our experience, specially since it was a little weird getting these emails one after another. Good luck to all applicants in here :)

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hey all,

I am sponsoring my wife, and we are June 7th applicant.

On April 27th the status changed on my wife's online account to Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

On the same day, she received an email saying that processing of the application is now completed and she should expect someone from local IRCC office to contact her for appointment. On May 8th, she received a different email saying that she passed the eligibility but final decision is due on finishing all requirements! I assume they sent that email just late, because they sent a landing letter earlier than that!

Finally, she received an email from local IRCC om May 9th confirming the landing interview at May 18th!

I just wanted to share our experience, specially since it was a little weird getting these emails one after another. Good luck to all applicants in here :)
Congrats!! same happened to my friend,she received the email of AIP and DM after she already had landed hahah because her process from review of eligibility went straight up to letter of landing interview!

Janii

Mar 11, 2017
last year, I was so happy because I got FN on March and they send me medical request only 3 month after which is in June 2017. I thought CIC is really take seriously by finish within 12 months. I know each cases is different but why people applied on April or May got DM or some of them landed but Feb or March applicant are still waiting .
That's what is
I see. It shows exactly the same for me... I think I will try to contact MP for more information bc this is driving me crazy
Let me know how that goes. I may have to do the same if our application doesn't progress by the next 2 weeks.

lance2017

May 9, 2018
Thank you for your reply really helpful.
Let’s just assume it’s a relationship interview pls I want to know if the interview goes well Do you think I will be landed that same?

Every case is very different, I'm assuming it depends on the officer who is in charge of your application. Some people don't get DM even after their landing. In my case ECAS was showing DM on both sides but MyCiC was showing reviewing eligibility and background check in process right up until I landed.

But if they sent you an email that they are going to be further reviewing it in Etobicoke office, they might invite you for a relationship interview. Let's hope it's not the

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
Thank you for your reply really helpful.
Let’s just assume it’s a relationship interview pls I want to know if the interview goes well Do you think I will be landed that same?
Well...I don't think so. So there is a landing interview where you just come in and answer some basic questions, sign your paper and you are a pr. Relationship interview (correct me if I'm wrong) is when they have questions about how genuine your relationship is, they are usually longer and more stressful. in this case, I think, you still have to wait for approval. Is your case complicated in some way? Are you married?

lance2017

May 9, 2018
Well...I don't think so. So there is a landing interview where you just come in and answer some basic questions, sign your paper and you are a pr. Relationship interview (correct me if I'm wrong) is when they have questions about how genuine your relationship is, they are usually longer and more stressful. in this case, I think, you still have to wait for approval. Is your case complicated in some way? Are you married?
No I’m not married just common Law Partner and I’m thinking maybe because of my previous sponsorship application I made 2014 but didn’t work out

lance2017

May 9, 2018
No I’m not married just common Law Partner and I’m thinking maybe because of my previous sponsorship application I made 2014 but didn’t work out
Right my partner and I have been staying together for almost 3 years now but the previous application that failed we didn’t live together and we failed the interview, they didn’t believe the relationship was genuine and we later divorced 3 years ago and now my new partner and I live together we our 2 years old son. My question is can the previous sponsorship application I made affects the application?