AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
Hello All,

I sent my application today. But unfortunately I made couple of mistakes:

A). I forgot to tick 'Country specific requirements ' on the checklist. I was supposed to tick and write NA but I forgot both.

B). In additional family information, we forgot to write names in native language.

Will my application be returned?

If yes, I also submitted application for Open work permit. Will that be returned as well?

Thanks in advance

T.
technically, it's an incomplete application, so if the clerk that pre-screens your file notices those things, the application will likely be returned along with the owp application. it'll be at the clerk's discretion though.

Last edited:

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Hello All,

I sent my application today. But unfortunately I made couple of mistakes:

A). I forgot to tick 'Country specific requirements ' on the checklist. I was supposed to tick and write NA but I forgot both.

B). In additional family information, we forgot to write names in native language.

Will my application be returned?

If yes, I also submitted application for Open work permit. Will that be returned as well?

Thanks in advance

T.
Please find your answers from one these posts:
1. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-spouse-sponsorship.557696/
2. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship.46995/page-1878

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Wow. That's cheap. I didn't get my medical request yet but I have phoned the Panel Physicians near me (Edmonton and Red Deer) and all of them charge $400 which includes the labs nd xray.
wow that's a lot! I called around and found a panel doc in Toronto that quoted $220 for everything. Can't wait for my wife to get her medical request, so we could take a day trip out to Toronto and get it done to have her OWP restrictions lifted.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Hi do we need to take the passport to the interview ? mine is at the cbsa. How will I receive it back ? I lost the paper of seizure also.
What is "paper of seizure"? this is a first I've read about it on the forums.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
wow that's a lot! I called around and found a panel doc in Toronto that quoted $220 for everything. Can't wait for my wife to get her medical request, so we could take a day trip out to Toronto and get it done to have her OWP restrictions lifted.
Right!? There was one that was cheaper by $15 but the xray and labs would be in another planet. So, I will have to pass. Hahaha! And me, too. I can't wait to get my medical request and get the medical exam done asap. Though I have a 3-month old, I really want to go back to work.

zay_s

Dec 10, 2017
Thank you! I am sorry to hear that you’re going through this too! It is frustrating because like you said the reviewing of eligibility after almost 5 months hasn’t even started and I really don’t know what is wrong and why is like that, because no news from cic after linking the app. I wish all of us Dec applicants get it soon!
Hi Nemema,

I just logged into my cic account and saw that my OWP (Dec 11th) has changed from "we're processing your application" to "we're reviewing to see whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

I really hope they're doing the same for you too.

All the best

Z

Reactions: Can_loves_Aus

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi I ve got DM on the 27th of April. I am June 21 applicant. What is next do you guys have any idea? I haven't received any letters yet. And I do not know what the decision is.
hi i just want to ask if when you submit your application you already pay the landing fee? or thecic just ask your landing fee payment while your app is in process?

kenan80

Dec 13, 2017
I got DM on 27th April. I havent received any correspondence letters yet. But I havent paid the landing fee yet. Is that means I am refused ? Or will they ask me to pay it ? Please I need to learn this

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
I got DM on 27th April. I havent received any correspondence letters yet. But I havent paid the landing fee yet. Is that means I am refused ? Or will they ask me to pay it ? Please I need to learn this

More than likely your application was approved or they would not have made a decision with asking for additional documentation. They will send you a landing appointment letter either mail or email (I got mine by email). This letter will outline all the requirements that you will have to meet before becoming a permanent residence. If you did not pay the $490.00 I suggest that you do as soon as you can because the letter states that it can take up to 72 hours to process that payment. Good luck, hope you hear from them soon.

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
More than likely your application was approved or they would not have made a decision with asking for additional documentation. They will send you a landing appointment letter either mail or email (I got mine by email). This letter will outline all the requirements that you will have to meet before becoming a permanent residence. If you did not pay the $490.00 I suggest that you do as soon as you can because the letter states that it can take up to 72 hours to process that payment. Good luck, hope you hear from them soon.
how long did it take them to email you after you saw the DM on ecas?

Angel1029

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
so you didnt pay upfront too when you submit your application? you just pay it the moment you get your landing appointment letter? or they ask you tonpy it between the processing of your application?

kenan80

Dec 13, 2017
I got it I have to pay it before the landing appointment. I ll pay it today to avoid delays. And how long did it take you to get your PR after the DM ?

Reactions: melissaj