+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

roysk

Jan 3, 2018
I think it comes in the next 24h. Probably it's coming today. But for my visitor visa extension, I saw this message for 2 or 3 days.
Hi there
Were you able to link your visitor visa extension before? I have the difficulty in linking my application :(

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Hi,

My says like this,

1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 15, 2017.
  2. Medical results have been received.
It doesn't show # 2 as of yours yet. When your # 2 started to show?
i think that was also in April

directkg

Jul 21, 2017
Calgary, AB
App. Filed.......
20/06/2017
Doc's Request.
20/08/2017
AOR Received.
20/08/2017
Hello,
We have moved a few times and change of address has not been working. One address they mixed up a digit and sent the med request form with the wrong address. Then we have tried updating our recent address 4x, but in the mailing address only part of it still shows up (Our mailing address is different from residential...) any thoughts?

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hi Chloe canada,
Cic received my application march 02, 2017 same time as yours and still waiting. Last time I had update was jan. 2017 when they asked for schedule a. No sa/no aip yet. Hope to hear something soon too.
Remember sometimes u do have sa or aip but no emails. I got sa email but no aip email. I know i got aip because agent told me i already eligible for applying for pr when i called cic. What does your ecas say for sponsor side? And applicant side?

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Hello everyone! I hope you're having a good day.

I have a couple of questions, see if someone can answer them.

1. I sent my application on October, 2017. On December, they returned my OWP app because there was a fee that I forgot to pay for. They asked me to complete it and send the whole OPW app to a different office. I sent it on January. I haven't heard from them yet. I was wondering if someone has had a similar experience and has any idea of the time that it takes to get the OWP by resubmitting it to the other office. Do they usually send a AOR? It's been 2 months and I haven't heard anything!

2. The other question is about visa extension. When I applied I was almost out of visitor status, so I requested a visa extension to avoid any trouble in case they return or stop my application. This new extension expires at the end of May. Can I request another extension? Would that be necessary since my application is in process? Any thoughts/adivce/feedback in this matter would be appreciated!

Thanks so much for reading, I appreciate the help I get on this forum. Good luck and patience to everyone!!
We have the same experience and timeline. I applied last October 2017 and owp was returned due to insufficient fund. I resend my owp last January2018 and haven’t heard from them. I was out of status when I resend it. However, I was able to restore status as a student and as a visitor. I sent a copy of my new valid permit to Vegreville. I’m still waiting until now for any update. They do not send an aor for owp. You should try linking yours online. I was able to link mine weeks after i resent my owp. For question no.2, I am not sure if you can extend. Maybe someone in the group can answer that. My visitors too is expiring on July but I do not plan to extend it as I have my study permit and hoping by that time I have my owp. But I think you would be able to hear from them soon regarding owp. They are working on December and you are still in status when you apply owp.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hello everyone ,

I am principle applicant sent in November 2017 my file . Before I was able to see Ecas info from both sides. (PA and SA) But when I try now sposnsor side doesn’t show anything. It just says we couldn’t find it. Even I tried last week.

pius88

Mar 21, 2018
Remember sometimes u do have sa or aip but no emails. I got sa email but no aip email. I know i got aip because agent told me i already eligible for applying for pr when i called cic. What does your ecas say for sponsor side? And applicant side?

HI,
My ecas for sponsor is still in process and applicant side says application received. My medical passed last July 2017. I just got schedule a request second week of jan.2018 And my background check started 2 weeks after that... I wonder if that delay the process because the background check just started 2 months ago?

Reactions: KandyK

Yulia V

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
upfront/passed
HI,
My ecas for sponsor is still in process and applicant side says application received. My medical passed last July 2017. I just got schedule a request second week of jan.2018 And my background check started 2 weeks after that... I wonder if that delay the process because the background check just started 2 months ago?
Was that the first time they requested Schedule A? Last year they had a glitch where people (including myself) didn't receive Schedule A request and we had to contact them and send it via webform. That could've been the reason it's taking so long for you because BC is a long process.

New to FSW

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
TLU 26-05-2015
Passport Req..
PPR: 27-07-2015 DM:30-07-2015
I submitted my wife's sponsorship application on March 12th, 2018. She appointed me as her representative. So, will I be receiving the acknowledgement for the sponsor and also the applicant?