+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Question...

I sent my inland application on July 21st, 2017 and since then on my MyCIC Account says my review of eligibility hasn't started yet, only my BGC is in process since December and yesterday I did my medicals. Is it normal that they didn't start my review of eligibility yet? Because I have seen others that the review for them has already started.

Anyone who has the same timeline and would like to share what it says on his/her MyCIC Account?

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
Question...

I sent my inland application on July 21st, 2017 and since then on my MyCIC Account says my review of eligibility hasn't started yet, only my BGC is in process since December and yesterday I did my medicals. Is it normal that they didn't start my review of eligibility yet? Because I have seen others that the review for them has already started.

Anyone who has the same timeline and would like to share what it says on his/her MyCIC Account?

eligibility doesn't usually start until you're about 10-11 months in. what you've seen on the forum is probably the OWP eligibility.

Reactions: Noslord2003

raa

Feb 11, 2018
Hahaha! I was like that, too. Have they started reviewing your eligibility? It'll come soon.
Not yet. It's still in "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

shmoops

Aug 27, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
Mine says approved today online. So just waiting for it to come in the mail. Anyone know how long it takes in mail?

When did you apply? Dec 19 applicant here and still waiting for owp.

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Hi everyone, I got an update. My application for OWP was approved today. I would like you to know that our application for sponsorship was returned the first time and that made me lose my implied status. Thanks to @canuck_in_uk advice, we resent our sponsorship application with OWP plus restoration. Here's my timeline:

Application sent 13 December 2017
AOR 26 January 2018
OWP approved 23 March 2018
Out of curiosity, were you able to link your OWP online? If so, what date is marked as "OWP Application received" online?

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Mine says approved today online. So just waiting for it to come in the mail. Anyone know how long it takes in mail?
3 - 5 business days :)

Reactions: loubegga

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
For December OWP applicants, consider that it takes about 2 - 5 business days for your application to arrive at Mississauga, and then take into account another 2 - 5 days before they look through your package and send your OWP application off to Vegreville for processing (mailing time 2 - 5 business days), so all that can add a maximum amount of 15 days to your OWP processing time - if you're a December applicant and haven't gotten OWP approval yet, don't panic. It's happening very soon :)

Mine was received at Vegreville on Jan 8th, and I currently have a prospective job offer looming. Augh...pray for me lol.

Reactions: loubegga

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Not yet. It's still in "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
If it does change, wait another day for the approval. We worry too much. Haha

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
It is separate from Schedule A and PCC. I received an email two weeks ago ( MArch 1st ,2018) saying that I have a message in mi CIC account and they were requesting my Criminal Records based on fingerprints( Canada) after that my application status changed..
Review of additional documents---We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
I did it (same day) and as the requested ,RCMP sent it in MArch 03, I have not heard anything since then.

You should call and ask what they are requesting, maybe is a glitch or not...

Good Luck!!
i already called them and they told me to wait for the next update on my application. i even ask regarding the voice message that they are requesting additional document. but she said that they are not requesting any additional documents.

Reactions: EGH