+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

prabh11

Oct 31, 2017
my lawyer is an idiot then. but I understood from immigration website that implied statues only granted if you applied for work permit and till decision is made you can have implied statues. but if no legal status exists and you will applied for PR doesn't matter you can have implied status? isn't this correct?
Hey, I would say do not rush and send your wife out of Canada and withdraw your application. Talk to different Immigration Lawyers (Lawyers and not consultants there is a huge difference ) as i have seen a lot of people who were out of status from a long time have applied for PR and are still staying in Canada until their case gets processes. I would say do not over complicate things and talk to an experienced Immigration Lawyer, i am pretty sure your wife can stay here until the processing.

melissaj

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hey, I would say do not rush and send your wife out of Canada and withdraw your application. Talk to different Immigration Lawyers (Lawyers and not consultants there is a huge difference ) as i have seen a lot of people who were out of status from a long time have applied for PR and are still staying in Canada until their case gets processes. I would say do not over complicate things and talk to an experienced Immigration Lawyer, i am pretty sure your wife can stay here until the processing.

Hi,

I have absolutely no knowledge about immigration laws, only personal experiences. I was out of status for almost 5 years. We applied inland for spousal sponsorship in April 2017 and I got DM on March 2018. If I can get my permanent residence I don't see why your wife can't. Hers is on 90 days. My advice take some time and do some research and applied inland and be careful with the representative that choose. Make sure you do research in them too. They can be very sketchy.

Good luck!

Cldinha

Feb 5, 2018
guys can anyone here help me. I sponsored my wife for PR inland program. she does not work so we didn't renew her work permit. is she legally allowed to stay in Canada now that her work permit is expired (more than 6 months) until decision is made? immigration lawyer gave me some crazy advise that my wife has to leave Canada and apply from outside and made me very worried and it's possible that her PR also get rejected since she doesnt hold a valid statues.
I don’t think you wife needs to leave the country. I’m without status since september and won’t get OWP until AIP get approved and it takes around of 10 month so I’ll be out of status for almost a year. I’ve seen people here that was out of status for 5 years. The only thing is that she won’t be able yo have a drivers license or health care for that waiting period! I would not leave as CIC is aware that she is out of status!

Hope this helps!

Tin tin

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Niagara region
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Portage Road
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
20-11-2017
Med's Request
18-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-08-2018
Who wants to send his out of status wife home? I suggest you read ip8 to understand the public policy considerations. My understanding is that she need not withdraw her application as it will be considered on public policy grounds and she will be sent a letter that she is now eligible to apply for PR and can apply for a work permit at that point if she needs to. Her a second opinion before taking word from one lawyer because their advise is not entirely wrong and if your wife is on the wrong side of the law or something triggers the need to find out her immigration status, her application does not guarantee her right to remain in the country so let's not trash everything but be careful on what to digest and what to seek further advise on.

Reactions: Amsadek4u

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Hey guys,

I am not sure if this means anything, but I ordered my GCMS notes and 3-4 days later I received my AIP. I reordered my GCMS notes again on March 13th and I saw DM on the 17th. I don't know for sure if ordering the notes triggered them to pick the file up or if its just a coincidence, however, I just want to share my experience because I know what it feels like.
How do you order GCMS?

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Wow! Were you able to get an appointment on time?
I just made an appointment this morning. The receptionist was nice but the fees are expensive which are $380, much more expensive than at least one place in Montreal that I have heard which is $225!

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Request
02-11-2016
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
^Good stuffs everyone. I didn't even know about the "public policy" thing. Hope it works out for the guy.

In any events, make sure you get a 2nd or 3rd opinion from lawyers or CiC themselves since it's a big move.